Yes! We need help!
- 1 (7.7%)
No Hints, please, I'd rather figure it out on my own
- 4 (30.8%)
Other
- 2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Clansmen - Clan Nac Mac Feegle - Year 2 - Autumn  (Read 24099 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Clansmen - PBEMish Boardgame - 4/4 players - Game prep
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 07:46:49 am »

So if whoever goes first that year wants to do the Spring special action, no one else can?  Gotcha.

EDIT- How do you get new populations?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:00:20 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 10:01:15 am »

So if whoever goes first that year wants to do the Spring special action, no one else can?  Gotcha.

Exactly. However, players turns are going to rotate through the actions 1 at a time. So while the First player will probably be able to get the Spring Special, some of the others (Especially Caravan or Festival of Lights) may be ones where people are going to want to do other stuff that Season before using that Action. This gives people more opportunity to jump in even if someone else technically had an opportunity first.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 10:15:38 am »

EDIT- How do you get new populations?

I out-ninjaed you with the edit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 11:05:50 am »

Ah, yes! Every Spring, after year 1, 4 new population will show up. Their composition will be randomly picked from a pool of 2 Farmers, 2 Laborers, 1 Craftsmen, and 1 Warrior. The players will then select which one they want, starting with the First Player.

I'll be working on getting all the rules up into the rules post today, and tomorrow night I should be able to finish up the prep work for the map/tiles so we'll be able to start. In the meantime, I can do a few small things today.

Starting off, here is the Starting Turn order:

1.Johnfalcon99977
2.Toaster
3.micelus
4.Scelly9

Also, I'll need each of you to decide what Color you each want to represent you on the board. Pick from White, Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow. In case of a tie, we'll decide by turn order.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 11:11:57 am »

So how would we ever get to nine pop for four total actions?

Also I choose Green.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 11:18:59 am »

So how would we ever get to nine pop for four total actions?

Also I choose Green.

You will have 6 pop by the end of the game by default. The Spring Special Action allows the player who uses it to gain an extra population in Summer. There are also events that can give players extra population, and Tales cards that could let more players use the Call for Kin action.

I generally assume that everyone is going to end with 7 population, but it is theoretically possible to end the game with 10.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 03:13:24 pm »

Just so people are aware, the 2nd post is the Rules (which has been updated a good bit since it was first posted) and the 3rd post is going to be the main game post. It contains the current Player Stats as well as the Raider Track. It will also show all Actions that have been taken this Season as well as the Game Board once I have it set up.
Come play Mafia with us!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 04:54:35 pm »

Red
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 12:16:55 pm »

Green.

Damn it. Ah well, I'll just choo-

Red

SON OF A BITCH.

Fine, I guess I'll be White.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 12:48:52 pm »

It goes by turn order, so you can still ninja any color you want since you're first.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 01:07:23 pm »

Nah, I'll just be white, as much as I would like to be red or Green.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 01:09:01 pm »

Playing a card, while done during the action phase, isn't actually an action, correct?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 01:14:33 pm »

Playing a card, while done during the action phase, isn't actually an action, correct?

Correct.

You should all have your inital hand of cards by now. Some of these may help you in chooseing your starting locations. I'll have the map up tonight (I'm on Pacific Time). In the meantime, you can start thinking about how your cards can help you. Feel free to ask any questions you might have on them, either here in the thread or via PM.

As a note, you'll be choosing starting locations in Reverse Turn Order, so Scelly9 will get first pick of spots. This balances the First Player advantage a bit.

I'll go over the placement of your initial populations once the map is up.
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Clansmen - PBEMish Boardgame [POLLING FOR INTEREST]
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 01:53:30 pm »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clansmen - PBEMish Boardgame [POLLING FOR INTEREST]
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 02:04:02 pm »

Thanks! I kept meaning to get back to that.

I'm doing lots of updates to the rules, because I don't actually have them fully written out anywhere. Before this I just had a bunch of notes, which was ok in person because I could explain everything. If nothing else this is a great exercise in writing the rulebook!
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17