Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug or EVIL? Stockpiled armor mangled like clothes  (Read 387 times)

efraker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bug or EVIL? Stockpiled armor mangled like clothes
« on: July 16, 2012, 01:26:09 pm »

I just started in a 2x2 embark, west half is Calm glacier, east half is Sinister tundra.

I built my farms, workshops, and stockpiles in the east half because its loam and the ground is clear right after digging, only putting my corpse/refuse on the west half... but, I built 4 full suits of steel armor and over a year they disintegrated like clothes do. I know what was happening because I actually caught this in process in my caravan trade menu. At one point I saw a couple of steel armors at "x = steel gauntlets = x" (or whatever the grammar is), and I thought "Oh, that's weird, better look into that!" then three months later the Elves come and I notice that most of my armor is gone, and all I have left is two mail shirts that are XX mangled XX like a floodgate after a troll rips through it.

Is my steel armor falling apart because its stockpiled in an evil biome, or because of some bug?

As soon as I get some more steel together I'm going to make some more armor and I'll post if the same thing happens in the Calm biome, but I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Notes, in case it matters: the steel was bought as bars at embark, was made by an Armorer who started as Adept, and was prepared at a regular forge with coke.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Re: Bug or EVIL? Stockpiled armor mangled like clothes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:35:04 pm »

I think it has been reported that armor dropped onto a refuse stockpile will rot as if it were clothing.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 01:38:50 pm »

to add:

so if your general stockpile accepts bones or something, it'll be counted as a refuse stockpile as well and rot clothing and armor. The armor thing probably isn't intended, so I'll go for evil bug, but not too hard to work around
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

efraker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 03:34:40 pm »

Oh, yep, that would explain it in my case. I was using a universal stockpile out of laziness.

Thanks everybody!