Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66098 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 3 brings hope
« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2012, 08:27:24 pm »

Extend
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - 1 REPLACEMENT needed
« Reply #346 on: August 08, 2012, 09:12:30 pm »

Tir: Explain the two statements below (bolded emphasis mine).
I chose Hapah out of the rest because I had a slight suspicion of his actions in the yesterday, I could've chosen Toaster (but Mind Shield) and Dariush was...pretty much silent during that time, so I went with the best target I could think of.

This one I wanted to clear by checking his goal.

-snip-
As for Massclaim, I already claimed (Telepath).
When, and where? Who were your targets, and what did you find?

Also...I think only Mr.D knew because of flavor...he isn't the masses, unless my English is messing up with me and people can be singular.
You claim to invest me N2 to confirm my goal, but apparently don't realize that I claimed until I point it out D3.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 08, 2012, 10:15:21 pm »

The Whiteboard
Mr. Dwarfinton: Tiruin
Toaster: Dariush
Tiruin: Mr. Dwarfinton, Toaster

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 09, 2012, 03:15:33 am »

...wait. Where's the Dopp kill?
Why are you indulging in obfuscating stupidity?

Toaster and Mr.D, reiterate your case on Tiruin.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 09, 2012, 08:11:07 am »

Dariush: I was voting him to get him to claim.  He claimed, but I hadn't gotten around to unvoting yet.

Now I am voting Dariush until you stop ignoring my questions, though I suspect you're ignoring them because you're the Dopp and your goal is to focus everyone on the exterminator and therefore not you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 09, 2012, 08:26:41 am »

PFP

Having net problems currently. On and off connection due to the current state of calamity in my area.  :-\

Hapah, I'll get to that post...later on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 09, 2012, 09:32:47 am »

...wait. Where's the Dopp kill?
Why are you indulging in obfuscating stupidity?

...You do understand, that Dariush's body double was killed, and that BMC died, yes?
Tir: Explain the two statements below (bolded emphasis mine).
=snip=

At that time you claimed... Psychic. That's a lot of Psychic-types that I could find out the goal of. My brain registered the Psychic part first before thinking on what role could get the Survive result (was thinking mind shield-fun), and began reading through all those roles once more.

Nextly, in addition to that, the when and where were like an extension to the request for a massclaim [basically asking for the link//quote] to the exact one.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 09, 2012, 09:51:45 am »

Now I am voting Dariush until you stop ignoring my questions, though I suspect you're ignoring them because you're the Dopp and your goal is to focus everyone on the exterminator and therefore not you.
Nice OMGUS. I've made a whopping one post between your questions and your spit-spewing claim that I'm ignoring them. It's pretty obvious now that you're just gliding through the day, not giving a fuck about whom you're voting or who gets lynched. Why? Oh, how about because I literally cannot be a dopp? If I were one, whom would I have targeted last night - myself or BMC?

And to answer your questions: I discarded the possibility of you using both an assbot and a regular kill because 1) it is irrational to do so so early and 2) it is highly unlikely that this would have happened on the same night as the remaining dopp getting RB'd/deciding to no-action. I believe Mr.D's claim because to lie about RB'ing BMC he would have to know exactly how the events would proceed and what would happen if BMC RB'd someone (which he did).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 09, 2012, 10:02:38 am »

Nice OMGUS. I've made a whopping one post between your questions and your spit-spewing claim that I'm ignoring them. It's pretty obvious now that you're just gliding through the day, not giving a fuck about whom you're voting or who gets lynched. Why? Oh, how about because I literally cannot be a dopp? If I were one, whom would I have targeted last night - myself or BMC?

That question ran through my mind either (inb4 my speculation post as it seems my net is going steady for now).

I've been wondering that if Toaster's claim is genuine (and someone else may be lying or the dopps have 2 NKs or something), then something isn't truly right.

Meph: Does the doppleganger faction only have a 1 NK/Night policy, if they don't have any killing roles?

I mean, think of the WIFOM it would generate if Dariush was a dopp, and he killed himself to kill his clone, and based on flavor it would mean the scientist went and barbequed his clone and pretended to feel sad. Heh.

But that begs the question: Who killed BMC?

1/3/1, we have an ext and a dopp left as nobody claimed a town killer role.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 09, 2012, 10:13:46 am »

Meph: Does the doppleganger faction only have a 1 NK/Night policy, if they don't have any killing roles?
EBWOP: Read the OP clearly.

Meph: Can the Exterminator use a killing item in addition to it's NK? Or can the ext only choose between doing a NK or using an action?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 09, 2012, 10:16:09 am »

And an addition to that due to constant refreshing to get this out:

Meph: Assassin bots, and the advanced variants, are only useable in the day?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 09, 2012, 10:18:45 am »

EBWOP: Read the OP clearly.

Meph: Can the Exterminator use a killing item in addition to it's NK? Or can the ext only choose between doing a NK or using an action?

Most alien tech items do not take up the alien's action. But it does depend a bit on the tech. The Plasma Bomb, for instance, is done instead of the normal Night Kill.

On the Assassin Bot, no, they are generally triggered at night and perform the Kill the morning of the Next day. The Advanced Bot can be triggered during the day, although it could be set to go off as the first action of the day phase if someone really wanted it to.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 09, 2012, 10:41:34 am »

Dariush:

Defensive much?  Voting someone who is ignoring your questions is standard practice, as far as I'm concerned.  It certainly got you to answer them.  And I'm not sure what you're going on about with the one post between nonsense- yes, you had one post between, which is plenty enough to respond to me.  What's your point?

Also, way to accuse me of the same thing I accused you.

And I call bullshit on "literally cannot be a dopp."  Like I said earlier, BMC could have been attempting to kill and been blocked, while Tiruin (as exty) is lying about his claim.  I don't know, you're the dopp here- what did happen to your kill?  Exty stun orb you?

And to answer your questions: I discarded the possibility of you using both an assbot and a regular kill because 1) it is irrational to do so so early and 2) it is highly unlikely that this would have happened on the same night as the remaining dopp getting RB'd/deciding to no-action. I believe Mr.D's claim because to lie about RB'ing BMC he would have to know exactly how the events would proceed and what would happen if BMC RB'd someone (which he did).

Oh, so you're basing your ideas on WIFOM and probability?  Do you have any logic or reasoning?

You betrayed your motives with your "OMG MUST KILL EXT NOW" attitude.  You're a Doppelganger, through and through.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 09, 2012, 11:03:21 am »

Defensive much?  Voting someone who is ignoring your questions is standard practice, as far as I'm concerned.  It certainly got you to answer them.  And I'm not sure what you're going on about with the one post between nonsense- yes, you had one post between, which is plenty enough to respond to me.  What's your point?
I missed your fucking questions, that's my point. Another point is that you immediatly started dancing the victory jig by getting a foothold against someone. See, now you're spinning an entire case against me out of thin fucking air. Because I didn't respond to your questions immediatly after you asked them. Not something town should do at what can very well be LYLO.
And I call bullshit on "literally cannot be a dopp."  Like I said earlier, BMC could have been attempting to kill and been blocked
Lolwat. He was sitting in his room. Since when did dopps begin to kill by mentally harassing their victims?
Oh, so you're basing your ideas on WIFOM and probability?
Yes, probability. Probablity of something that is extremely likely versus something that is extremely unlikely. 'Dopps not killing to generate WIFOM' is an example of the latter probability.
You betrayed your motives with your "OMG MUST KILL EXT NOW" attitude.  You're a Doppelganger, through and through.
You betrayed your motives with your "OMG MUST KILL DOPP NOW" attitude.  You're the Exty, through and through. Oh, except my case actually makes sense because Exty is indeed more dangerous due to having techs.
Exty stun orb you?
...Wow, you've just outdone yourself in idiocy. So, you think that Exty both attacked/assbotted AND stun-orbed me in the same night?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 09, 2012, 03:42:26 pm »

Dariush:
I missed your fucking questions, that's my point. Another point is that you immediatly started dancing the victory jig by getting a foothold against someone. See, now you're spinning an entire case against me out of thin fucking air. Because I didn't respond to your questions immediatly after you asked them. Not something town should do at what can very well be LYLO.

Fine on missing questions, but that doesn't change anything else I said.

And I call bullshit on "literally cannot be a dopp."  Like I said earlier, BMC could have been attempting to kill and been blocked
Lolwat. He was sitting in his room. Since when did dopps begin to kill by mentally harassing their victims?

Like I said, you're the dopp- what happened to the kill?  I'm just guessing... and it really doesn't matter where your team's kill went; doesn't change your alignment.

Oh, so you're basing your ideas on WIFOM and probability?
Yes, probability. Probablity of something that is extremely likely versus something that is extremely unlikely. 'Dopps not killing to generate WIFOM' is an example of the latter probability.
You betrayed your motives with your "OMG MUST KILL DOPP NOW" attitude.  You're the Exty, through and through. Oh, except my case actually makes sense because Exty is indeed more dangerous due to having techs.

Dopp team no-killing has happened before, so it'd be silly to rule it out.

And oh cute, you're using my words against me.  Guess that means they're worthy of use.  I have no issue with finding the exty, but I'm sure you're the dopp and unsure on who the exty is, so why not use my vote on the known scum till I have a better target for it?

Exty stun orb you?
...Wow, you've just outdone yourself in idiocy. So, you think that Exty both attacked/assbotted AND stun-orbed me in the same night?

It's possible.  In a previous game, I was nightkilled, blocked, and vote-stolen by the entire scum team in one single night.

So what happened to you being so sure that Mr. D was the dopp?

Tiruin:  Are your inquiries into the night kills/lack thereof going anywhere?  Usually that's a waste of time.

Hapah:  Do you have anything?   You're just sitting there so far.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31