Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66196 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - 1 REPLACEMENT needed
« Reply #285 on: August 03, 2012, 07:06:54 pm »

Do Dopps get tech?
The dopp scientists do, some, but nothing that'd kill like the Ext does. Check the first post for details. They can get antitech fields or mindshields randomly as well like anyone else.

PPE: Jim: Yeah, he's a coward, and if you don't flip Ext, he is surely it. But I can't lynch him without more votes, it's too late for vote switching (people: don't do it now), and I will not tie the lynch: a no lynch is the worst outcome. Toony may still be hit by the bomb in any case, and if you're not the Ext someone will get him tonight.

PPE2 Hapah: I won't in case he's lying about the bomb. You'll know it in 5 minutes if he has it. If he doesn't, how would knowing my role help you? Nah.

PPE3: Tiruin: right, he says there are three dops, one Ext, and one survivor in a 12 player game. I find that a bit hard to believe, so screw him.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - 1 REPLACEMENT needed
« Reply #286 on: August 03, 2012, 07:08:20 pm »

The Whiteboard
Jim Groovester: Bookthras, Dariush, blackmagechill
Mr. Dwarfinton: Toaster
Tiruin: Hapah
blackmagechill: Jim Groovester, Mr. Dwarfinton

A struggling Jim Groovester is tied down into a chair. Bookthras picks up the pistol and levels it at his head.

"Time to die, scumbag." He cocks the gun.

Jim gives him a sneer. "See you in hell!"

The gun goes off. Yellow fluids and strange bluish chunks splatter the wall. A small beep is heard.

And the room explodes in shrapnel and alien gore.

As those of you who survive get back on your feet, most nursing small wounds and wiping blood and entrails off their skin, you see that Bookthras and Toonyman were not so fortunate.

Bookthras lies on his back, his coat open and displaying a company security badge. Seems this Heroic Guard has done his last service for humanity.

Toonyman's torso has been ripped half open, revealing dark purple guts. He spits out curses and blood as his body changes to that of a Doppelganger! Within moments he has breathed his last. A Tough Doppelganger to survive as long as he did, perhaps, but dead nonetheless.

An examination of Jim's office reveals that he was, in fact, just trying to Survive this nightmare. Pity.

You head off to your rooms. This has been a long and eventful day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - 1 REPLACEMENT needed - Night 2
« Reply #287 on: August 07, 2012, 10:33:25 am »

As you head towards the main conference room you stumble across the charred remains of Dariush. Except...well...it’s obviously some sort of advanced mechanical Body Double. Fascinating. His glum expression when he joins you is understandable, you suppose, as he probably lost years of work last night.

Blackmagechill, however, lost more than that. When he doesn’t show up you head off in search of him. He’s just in his room, slumped over in his chair. Well, his corpse is. He seems to have come down with a base case of plasma burns. The candle and chain in front of him indicates that he was part of the Psychic Warden program. The smooth features, claws, and hairless body indicate that he was also a Doppelganger.

This should be a very interesting day.

Day 3 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Thursday.

Note: My work is changing it's internet policies this week, which means I'm going to lose access to a lot of the stuff I normally use to run these games. Which means the timing of things might change a bit. Hopefully it won't be a big deal, but we'll have to see how it goes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 3 brings hope
« Reply #288 on: August 07, 2012, 11:18:23 am »

Bah: but that D2 end was fun! For those of you who played Cybrid V, my first words to Toony after D2 happened:

Quote from: Bookthras
Toony, we have to stop meeting like this, in an exploded room full of bolidy chunks. People will start to talk.

In the great words of Bruce from the University of Woolamaloo: Rule one: no Groovestahs!
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 07, 2012, 02:04:43 pm »

As I expect from a Paranormal, there's no game that isn't ridiculous...

At the end of the long day,
there was quite a large bombay.
     Giving his chances to luck,
     he finds himself grievous with fuck.
You could call this all one great cliche.

Bah.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 07, 2012, 02:18:11 pm »

Important Note: Mr. Dwarfinton is no longer in need of a replacement.
Come play Mafia with us!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2012, 07:15:47 pm »

So many possibilities! Post in a bit.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2012, 07:54:25 pm »

Man, there is not good, lol. 5 players left with 2 confirmed hostiles is not my idea of a good time.

Question: Can we determine anything from Dar's dead body double? (The fact that it's charred. Just want to make sure I'm not glossing anything over)

At least it's a short list for the Exterminator. Can we agree that the Ext is the bigger threat and needs to get lynched over the last Dopp?

Toaster, MrD: What did you two do last night?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2012, 08:05:29 pm »

I roleblocked BMC with my badass powers in hopes someone would get him. At least the ext has its uses, right?

What happened to Dariush's body double? Could it be that a dopp tried to get him? Did a member of the town try to get him with an item?

Dariush: What do you think will happen to you during this night phase? What do you think tried to get you?
Tiruin: Who do you think attacked Dariush?
Hapah: Do you believe the ext taking out the dopp was a mistake or did it do it on purpose?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2012, 08:42:23 pm »

1/3/1

Great.

Alright, now I firmly believe there is an exterminator among us (I was giving the benefit of the doubt that it was purely flavor - as we're in a lab of some sort).

Why?

Well, first day was people talking about flavor and the existence of the ext. only by flavor and a weapon that we've never seen before. But this new day, only a dopp dies. Under the suspicion that the NKs would be flavored in this sense, it doesn't make any sense for a dopp Scientist-ish type to kill their own, unless someone's playing a Wuba gambit.

Which leads to my guess that we're at LYLO, because from what I understand, the exterminator is like an SK. Or...we have adept Guardian(s)//Warden(s) who've been targeting the killer(s) correctly.

Massclaim?

Mr. Dwarfinton

You roleblocked BMC, yes?

Why are all your questions focused on the deaths, and why are you asking Dariush a pre-emptive possibility there?

Hapah: Do you believe the ext taking out the dopp was a mistake or did it do it on purpose?
So focused here? How do you hope to gain information from this question? Actually, why are all your questions focused on probabilities? And why did you focus on:
Did a member of the town try to get him with an item?
Only the Vigilante or the Mad Scientist with an Assassin bot are eligible to kill for the town, but I've to ask, why the bolded portion?

Who I think attacked Dariush, is whoever is against his alignment.

Man, there is not good, lol. 5 players left with 2 confirmed hostiles is not my idea of a good time.

Question: Can we determine anything from Dar's dead body double? (The fact that it's charred. Just want to make sure I'm not glossing anything over)

At least it's a short list for the Exterminator. Can we agree that the Ext is the bigger threat and needs to get lynched over the last Dopp?

Toaster, MrD: What did you two do last night?
Body double is body double. What 'we' can determine is that Dariush is a cutting edge scientist, Hapah. Why ask about a decoy's death?

Why do you think the Ext is a bigger threat than the dopp? And do you think flavor is a good aid to scumhunting?

Toaster: What is your stance on all the current events?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 07, 2012, 08:48:49 pm »

I will be vindicated!

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 07, 2012, 09:02:08 pm »

I did roleblock him. Nice job observing what I said.

Lots of people have been dying lately. Death is the new trend man. I asked Dariush that to see what he thinks.
Being focused is important and it's just a question.
If I said what Im doing I'd reveal my hand and my (probably very bad) method of scum hunting wouldn't work. Theyre focused on probabilities because I'm trying to find out what people think.
The bolded part is because town can only kill people with items unless I'm mistaken.

Tiruin: You are being voted because, in my eyes at least, you are acting very suspicious. You seem to be voting me because I asked questions involving what everyone thinks and asking questions tends to help catch scum. Unless you don't want scum to be caught you should be okay with that.
What alignment and role do you think would leave a burned body double and was against Dariush, a person who is apparently a scientist? Flavor is actually a very good way to find out what happened.
Also, why are your questions focused on what they are, Truin?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 07, 2012, 09:04:58 pm »

Also, if you are going to suggest a massclaim then you should be roleclaiming. What's your role, Tiruin?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 07, 2012, 09:21:26 pm »

The bolded part is because town can only kill people with items unless I'm mistaken.

One word: Vigilante. That role can hunt out and kill. The War Vet can only kill those who visit them.

Tiruin: You are being voted because, in my eyes at least, you are acting very suspicious. You seem to be voting me because I asked questions involving what everyone thinks and asking questions tends to help catch scum. Unless you don't want scum to be caught you should be okay with that.
What alignment and role do you think would leave a burned body double and was against Dariush, a person who is apparently a scientist? Flavor is actually a very good way to find out what happened.
Also, why are your questions focused on what they are, Truin?
I think you should re-think what you're planning.

Firstly, asking questions does contribute to find scum, but it should be in a way that is precise and informative. What I see from your questioning is just open ended questions that are prone to possibility. Scum can easily handwave them off, while town can give whatever assumption they can, as they don't know what to answer.

Just asking questions for the sake of asking questions points out laziness and not what scumhunting should be, unless you are seeking for the reaction to said questions - though when I think about it, it isn't as reliable as asking pointed ones.

Next, the burned body double is most probably a flavor description. I mean, we're in a lab...You're asking for specifics when you say such, so let me humor you with my assumation: Killer had a flamethrower and went all pyromaniac on Dariush because of his eternal hate for the man. Or he fueled the body double with flammable gasoline and it caught fire because he was a chain smoker...

Do you see what I'm getting at?

If flavor is a very good way to find out what happened, let me ask you, are you basing all your evidence and your vote due to flavor, alone?

What would you hope to gain from people's opinions, and how would you find scum through that method of 'who died tonight' or 'who tried to get you', or even 'the exterminator took out the dopp.'

The last one, especially. Why specifically the ext?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2012, 09:32:01 pm »

How can someone base a vote off of a role that is known to be there? I'm not basing me vote solely on flavor. I don't think you understand this but the flavor helps point out roles. Plasma burns indicates ext.

I want to see what people answer, I already explained this. It's specifically an ext because of the plasma burns. The dopp was killed with plasma burns. Thus an ext killed the dopp.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31