Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66211 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - 1 REPLACEMENT needed
« Reply #270 on: August 03, 2012, 06:35:41 pm »

The Whiteboard
Jim Groovester: Bookthras, Dariush, blackmagechill
Mr. Dwarfinton: Toaster
Tiruin: Hapah
blackmagechill: Jim Groovester, Mr. Dwarfinton

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 03, 2012, 06:36:50 pm »

It protects you once everyone knows about you having it. Like now. Originally I was planning to PM everybody during Night 2 to tell people not to target me or else, but then you decided to be dumb and make me do this.
Right, because an anti-tech field is sooo rare. Bullshit. It would have bought you nothing, and it contradicts the "more fun" bit.

Your advanced mindshield explains everything, and still leaves you a small tech slot for a bomb, which you may or may not have. But if you have it, at least you'll have the consolation prize of taking me out with you.

Others: In case he does, to aid future claims: I am town, my role will flip if I die, and I was blocked N1 by a warden.

Hapah, the votecount shows that you're not voting. Save Bookthras from his idiocy and cast a vote.
How? By tying the vote? How would that help town, with three dopps and an Ext (which may still be you if he does tie the vote) out there?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 03, 2012, 06:40:00 pm »

Maybe you're missing the part where if I'm the Exterminator and I do have a Deadman Bomb, if somebody who's town gets randomly taken out in the explosion, the town instantly loses.

This is not a lynch you want to make happen, Bookthras.

How? By tying the vote? How would that help town, with three dopps and an Ext (which may still be you if he does tie the vote) out there?

At the very least three people wouldn't die right fucking now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 03, 2012, 06:43:24 pm »

PPE: Book & Hapah [PPE because I am busy scrounging up what I can get from recent events and because net is spazzing out...switching between 504s and incomplete pages, will attempt to connect later on from a more reliable device]

Why are the only things you're questioning the players that attacked you?  With a new replacement slate you should have lynch vote for the day.
Problem was currently with the network connection then, in reading the thread (loaded very slowly), I only had time to skim on parts that had:
Alright, so answering any questions directed to UI which I think I can answer in the next post, and my post after that next. As a note, first time player of a Paranormal Mafia so if there's any questions I've missed that are actually related, hit me.

Mod: We can speak at night?!

What I can't get, is everyone is now assuming the presence of an exterminator due to flavor. If we're assuming by flavor, we have 3 dopps, ~1 alien, and ~8 humans. When the kill-by-technology beyond anything-you’ve-ever-seen could also be done by a Mad Scientist type with a kill. We're down 2 humans, so about 4 non-town, and 4 town...

LYLO?!

Disregarding that, UI brought the notion based on a misunderstanding on a joke. Reasonable there.

Then...Jim went haywire upon being asked about the exterminator after pressure from Book?

And Hapah also inserted the idea that the flavor == exterminator.

Others: In case he does, to aid future claims: I am town, my role will flip if I die, and I was blocked N1 by a warden.

Oh, I don't think it was a warden, because I too was blocked by something of the same manner.

I now suspect tech device. I guess.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 03, 2012, 06:45:30 pm »

Mod: We can speak at night?!

The thread will be locked at night, but PMs are still allowed.

Welcome to Paranormal! :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 03, 2012, 06:47:01 pm »

Tir: I asked where people were getting the ext certainty from too, and multiple people said the flavor of the kill was conclusive.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 03, 2012, 06:48:08 pm »

Oh, I don't think it was a warden, because I too was blocked by something of the same manner.

If you were bound by invisible chains, then that was a Psychic Warden.

If it was anything else, then it's alien tech.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 03, 2012, 06:48:37 pm »

Tir: FYI day ends in 10 minutes lol

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2012, 06:54:39 pm »

How do you know it was "of the same manner"? Please clarify in detail. Also, do doublecheck with Meph the source of your block. The flavour for my being blocked was slightly unusual (tightness constricting me, passing out, and so on, but lacked the word "chains") so I PMd Meph asking for confirmation if it was indeed a warden, and he answered that yes, a warden blocked me (and that the lack of the word "chains" was accidental).

Also, the flavour of the kill on Shake makes it certain it was an Ext (alien technology shots fired).

Maybe you're missing the part where if I'm the Exterminator and I do have a Deadman Bomb, if somebody who's town gets randomly taken out in the explosion, the town instantly loses.
This is not a lynch you want to make happen, Bookthras.
So, you're saying that even if you are the Ext, we should let you live because you have a bomb? Screw that. If you are the Ext, one town, one Ext, and a pretty decent chance of a dopp die this day. That's a good outcome. If we let you live, on the other hand, we gain nothing, the doubt of your identity remains, and the town is still screwed come morning (since your position is that the dopps won't target you now that you've claimed the bomb, unless they have an antitech field, of course, which you seemed to have forgotten).

At the very least three people wouldn't die right fucking now.
At least one of which (and pretty likely two) are anti-town. Good gamble in my mind.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2012, 06:55:51 pm »

If you were bound by invisible chains, then that was a Psychic Warden.

If it was anything else, then it's alien tech.
Oh. Mind Shield.

I really shoud've clarified what that meant with Meph. Which is now clarified.

Tir: FYI day ends in 10 minutes lol
Great.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2012, 06:56:21 pm »

Do Dopps get tech?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2012, 06:57:31 pm »

God damn it, Bookthras, you are such a dipshit.

ToonyMan's online and just waiting for my Deadman Bomb to go off. It's so obvious that he's the Exterminator just standing there and saying nothing that it's honestly hard to believe that you could be ignoring that in favor of seeing your retarded fucking pet theory validated.

LOOK AT IT YOU DUMBASS

GO TO HIS PROFILE

HE'S ONLINE

NO OPINION AND DOING NOTHING = HE'S THE EXTERMINATOR

For fuck's sake.

Do Dopps get tech?

Not alien tech.

Mad scientists get one choice from the mad scientist list.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2012, 07:05:01 pm »

Book: If you're really going through with this, claim your role now, please. S'not like it'll be a secret for long.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2012, 07:05:28 pm »

Ok...so if what Jim's saying is true, we have 3 dopps, 3 humans, and...2 aliens?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2012, 07:06:32 pm »

3/4/2, still 9 players I think

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31