Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66234 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - 1 REPLACEMENT needed
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2012, 03:50:29 pm »

The Whiteboard
Jim Groovester: Dariush, blackmagechill
Mr. Dwarfinton: Toaster
Tiruin: Hapah, ToonyMan
blackmagechill: Bookthras, Jim Groovester, Mr. Dwarfinton

Hmm... I didn't realise before voting that there was a three way tie. That's not good. From the list, I'd much rather lynch Limp Rooster, as he's higher on the likely Ext list. What gives me pause is that the other two voting him are strongly scum in my eyes. Still, lynching the Ext is a win/win for both town and dopps.

I will ponder further, and may change my vote back to Dim Poopster once I'm back on line (RL calls me for an hour or two at the moment).
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2012, 03:56:33 pm »

PFP

Book: Any thoughts on my post above?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2012, 04:31:15 pm »

I'm not sure if Tiruin will be able to get another post in today and since Urist Imik did switch out I'll unvote him.  Also this will also lessen the chances of an enchanter tying us.

I'm not liking all the players who came on today and decided not to post however at least the people that asked for extensions did something.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2012, 05:50:55 pm »

Book: Any thoughts on my post above?
I read it, but I don't find it convincing.

I'll unvote him.  Also this will also lessen the chances of an enchanter tying us.
Oh how very helpful of you to "lessen the chances" for us. This is cowardly. Take a fucking stance. This is utterly scummy of you, and I'd lynch you for it if there were enough votes on you to do it. This goes for the rest of you who aren't voting as well.

Damn you all. An hour and a half before the end of the fucking day, and you seem to leave it all on my shoulders. If I vote Toony (who has risen in scumminess due to that cowardly move), or if I follow his chickenshit example, then the vote is again tied. A no lynch helps absolutely no one.

So it's down to voting for a likely, but not certain, Ext (which would be great if it hits, lousy if it misses), or for a likely dopp (which may still miss, where did the votes on him go? and even if it hits, we still have two kills per night). Damn you for making me choose.

So, I will vote Grim Poofster. If anyone has good arguments I'll hear them; I hate last minute vote swapping, but still. If you think Jim shouldn't hang, say your piece.

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2012, 06:03:34 pm »

Post incoming.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2012, 06:10:42 pm »

Dammit, Book. Dammit.

I'm a Psychic. I investigated Jim N1, and got a Survive result. This means one of three things

-Town with a Survive Wincon
-Dopp Enchanter
-Alien with Advanced Mind Shield

Based on the number of people that have been trying to see Jim on the end of a rope today, I don't think he's an Enchanter. I also believe his claim of being protected (though you're right, it doesn't confirm that he's not the Ext like I thought at first).

Combined with the inspect result, I do not feel this his actions make him a better lynch candidate than either BMC or UI.

I do think that UI panicked and is scum, though what flavor I can't say. I'm not exactly thrilled that you dismissed it without listing reasons either, but time is short so it's certainly possible that you just didn't have the time.

You can all draw your own conclusions, I'll try to post again before day end (45 minutes?)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2012, 06:17:40 pm »

So, I will vote Grim Poofster. If anyone has good arguments I'll hear them; I hate last minute vote swapping, but still. If you think Jim shouldn't hang, say your piece.

You shouldn't vote me because I'm a Survivor and I have a Deadman Bomb.

If I die, you die too, and some poor random sap will die with us. Three dead people at the end of the day means bad news for the town. Really bad news. I'll let you figure out the many ways this is bad news, because it really does mean bad news.

So lynch BMC like you should, and then let the dopps kill ToonyMan because he's the Exterminator because he decided not to vote for anyone at the end of the day. Or he's a dopp and the Exterminator can kill him. Whatever. Regardless, lynching me is a bad idea.

I hope I have been convincing.

I'm a Psychic. I investigated Jim N1, and got a Survive result. This means one of three things

Great. Corroborating evidence.

But Psychic isn't a role.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »

Also, if you're going to ask why I picked Deadman Bomb, it's because a Personal Shield only protects you once, while the Deadman Bomb is the tech choice that keeps on giving.

It's also more fun.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2012, 06:22:07 pm »

You shouldn't vote me because I'm a Survivor and I have a Deadman Bomb.
I hope I have been convincing.

Almost, but: please explain why a survivor got a deadman bomb instead of a shield. Please realise that an Ext with advanced mindshield is consistent with all the data we have, from N1 results, to Hapah's claimed result, to your lying about having a shield.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2012, 06:23:01 pm »

Jim: You're right, it's telepath!

Reading

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2012, 06:26:13 pm »

Ninja'd, but I don't quite buy it. A deadman bomb protects a survivor zero times, not more than a shield. It's generally incompatible with "playing to win" unless you were followng a very scorched Earth playstyle, which you haven't.

I do agree it's more fun, though. But its being compatible with Exty mindshield and last minute claim (if you really wanted the fun that the deadman bomb would give you, why claim?) tell me it's bullshit.

My mind is made up. Let's see what flavour of non-town you are.

Others: If he really has the bomb, and inexplicably does indeed flip survivor, then the Ext is likely Toony. Get 'im!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2012, 06:28:37 pm »

It protects you once everyone knows about you having it. Like now.

Originally I was planning to PM everybody during Night 2 to tell people not to target me or else, but then you decided to be dumb and make me do this.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Hapah, the votecount shows that you're not voting. Save Bookthras from his idiocy and cast a vote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2012, 06:30:21 pm »

You didn't consider that a Survivor might reveal his tech choice for the sole purpose of deterring everyone from trying to kill him?

For shame, Bookthras. I almost hope I end up dead so I can rub it in your stupid face in dead chat.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2012, 06:32:00 pm »

Jim: I see me voting Tir.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 03, 2012, 06:34:00 pm »

Well, you shouldn't be.

You should be voting BMC so I don't end up dead and Bookthras doesn't regret his decision after he's dead.

Also BMC is scum and such.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31