Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66215 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 2 is less secure
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2012, 12:38:24 pm »

Quote from: Book
First, it's certain both kills were not targeted on Shakerag, since Dustylou2 was a heroic guard (protects against multiple kills), if they had, Shake would have survived.
Ohhh, I had overlooked that Hero Guard blocks all kills instead of just 1. What would happen if the Ext had an Advanced Targeting System and shot at a protected target? Would there be laser burns in the hall or through the walls or something like that?

Second, Jim could have killed Shake, Dusty protected Jim, and the dopps target Jim with the results as posted, so it doesn't clear Jim of being the Ext.
...wow. That's absolutely correct. Thank you.

Now, finding the Ext is important. If we don't then unless there is some dopps-Ext crossfire tonight, the town is doomed by tomorrow.
And assuming no town powers, but yeah, basically correct.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »

ToonyMan:
I think you're probably scum for pinning exty on everybody and Hapah is being too low-key.
Everybody? The only one I pinned it on was Toaster, and I stopped when he explained the joke.

Also, I asked you that in an attempt to get you to participate more, perhaps by questioning your suspects? I'll do it overtly this time: Stop dicking around and hunt scum.

Toaster: I'm looking for (certainty of ext) > (certainty of dopp). I'm withholding judgement on that until I've read back through his posts. That'll happen this evening.

Hapah: Who are your suspects and where is your scumhunting?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2012, 01:30:39 pm »

I don't see Mr. Dwarf doing anything but standing in line for a noose.

More importantly, you can withhold voting for right now but you want others to do the opposite?  What if they told you to wait?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2012, 01:45:48 pm »

Being rather busy doesn't mean I'm waiting for the noose.

Nothing I say will change Dariush's mind because he is stubborn and believes I am scum. Toaster won't change because he believes Im not hunting scum. The one thing I can do to change the minds of the others is to repeatedly say I'm not scum and explain my reasoning behind the 'suspicious' things I have done. That appears to not be working and my last option is to role claim. I don't want to do this since it might paint a target on my back but if I don't I'll be lynched and you'll end up lynching me instead of scum.

I am a Warden. On night one I chose to do nothing since it would alert my target and I didn't want to roleblock a person who was helping out the town and then be called scum for doing so. Do with that information what you will. I will also be requesting an extend so that we can actually try to find the dopps or the ext.

Im currently suspicious of BMC since it appears he has not been posting a lot and he jumped on my bandwagon with a flimsy reason. Do with my opinions what you will.

BMC: I think it was NA.

Dariush: Itd be cool to get an answer since I'm genuinely curious.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2012, 02:30:15 pm »

It tells me he's focusing on the ext first.

That's only part of my question. Why do you care what I think about Bookthras?

Several convincing points.

Sure, whatever, alright. But you want to find one scum when there are four hanging around. If you have the herculean scumhunting skills to pinpoint a single serial killer, who operates entirely independently and is therefore not subject to the scum tells that are most helpful in giving up a scum team, more power to you. But I don't, and I'm going to take whatever I can get.

Unvote. The vote was mostly pressure to see what would turn up. I still think it's weird that you care what I think about Bookthras.

Hoo boy. Going by the same logic, you don't want to find the Exterminator, so you are one. Correct?

If I had said that it was important to find the dopps over the Exterminator, then yes, which is something that I have never said, so no.

Did you... Did you just support the idea of Mr.D lynch in one paragraph and immediatly voted someone else, thus making it less likely? Oh what the fuck.

I never said I supported a Mr.Dwarfinton lynch. If I did, don't you think I'd be voting him?

He reads noob rather than scum.

My gut still points to Jim being the Ext:

Herpdy derp, once Bookthras gets an idea in his head, no matter how stupid, he has to see it through.

I certainly want to find the dopps, but it's imperative we find the Ext at once, since with this two-kills-per-night setup, the town is likely screwed by tomorrow if we don't. You know this, yet you seem content with a Mr.D lynch. Why? Do you think Mr.D is a dopp, the Ext, or something else? Why are you accusing people who want to find the Ext? Why are you against an extension to look deeper? Why do you not want to find the Exterminator so much?

God damn, so many stupid fucking questions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's blatantly obvious that the guy is scum.

Bullshit, scum. Only lazy scum like you would give a reason as shitty as this and expect to get away with it.

You haven't done an ounce of scumhunting on any other player, and your reasons are shitty and you ignore people who challenge them.

Go hang, blackmagechill. And why don't you answer my fucking questions on your way to the noose, not that I'm going to change my mind about them now.

Hey, here's an idea: How about we lynch blackmagechill instead of the obvious noob? I mean, come the fuck on, how much more gift-wrapped can scum make themselves than this?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2012, 03:11:32 pm »

Jim:
Herpdy derp, once Bookthras gets an idea in his head, no matter how stupid, he has to see it through.
Hey, I resemble that remark!
...but you haven't shown how it is stupid.

Hoo boy. Going by the same logic, you don't want to find the Exterminator, so you are one. Correct?
If I had said that it was important to find the dopps over the Exterminator, then yes, which is something that I have never said, so no. [...] I never said I supported a Mr.Dwarfinton lynch. If I did, don't you think I'd be voting him?

This is what you said:

Don't you want to find the dopps as well? What's wrong with a Mr.Dwarfinton lynch? He's the clear lynch candidate for today but you want to extend to find the Exterminator.

Why do you want to find the Exterminator so much? Maybe it's because you're a dopp. Urist Imiknorris.
You did say "that it was important to find the dopps over the Exterminator", as you opposed the notion of an extension to look for the Ext (so, in your words, "then, yes"). You supported the lynch of Mr.D as the current vote lead (what's wrong with it? let's not extend! is very much supporting the status quo. The day would end in five hours had not Meph clarified that after your post.) You accuse someone who seems to want to find the ext of being a dopp, as if that was the only possible reason. Then you immediately unvote him (even before he answered all your questions) when you saw that position was untenable.

[Mr.D] reads noob rather than scum.
And yet you didn't want to extend to avoid it. You seemed perfectly fine with his lynch, even knowing what a mislynch at this point would mean. Why? Because you are scum.

So what does it say about a player who's concerned with the Exterminator above all else? You seem to think that it means they're town.
Don't put words in my mouth, motherfucker. I never said that. It means they want to find the Ext, that's all. I never said they were town. At most, it means they're less likely to be the Ext.

Why do you not want to find the Exterminator so much?
Don't put words in my mouth, motherfucker. I never said that.
Really? "Don't you want to find the dopps as well? What's wrong with the current lynch? Why do you want to find the Exterminator so much? Maybe it's because you're a dopp" reads to me very much like you don't want to find the Ext, and indeed want to intimidate others from searching for him.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2012, 04:55:52 pm »

@Jim: I was saying things that hadn't been said. If you look at D1, he's scummier than a fucking fish tank. He jumped off his vote on Dariush applied the tiniest amount of pressure, thinking that'd be better to try and hide under the radar. Unfortunately, everyone else saw this as scummy and began to ask questions about it. He then answered one of those questions, and then flat out told everyone that he wasn't going to scum hunt. After ZU didn't want to vote for an extend becuase he saw that Mr.D is obviously scum, he got dog-piled while Mr.D tried to defend himself from Dariush, claim this was all rage votes and Dariush was being too serious. The day ended with ZU getting lynched for seeing the truth and Mr.D starting a petty OMGUS war with Dar and then giving up today.

I've noticed that every time Mr.D gets close to getting lynched, you switch your vote to someone else. On D1 it was ZU, and today, it's me. You wouldn't want to bus too hard, would you?

On D2 it's obvious that Mr.D is still trying to make Dar look like scum by proving that the vote yesterday was a rage vote, except that doesn't make fuck all for sense and he's just actively lurking while getting in jabs at Dariush. As much of an prick as Dar is (I mean that from the very bottom of my heart), he's got a valid reason, namely a bandwagon and then  shrugging off of a pathetic vote. As D2 progresses, Mr.D gives up the ghost in trying to play and it looks like we have the scum.

But then I put a vote on and I'm the bad guy for blocking a possible enchanter. I post reasons I feel haven't been stated, and then Mr.D suddenly sees the light and rejoins the game to vote me right before your post. What was I talking about with the enchanter who was going to sway it off of Mr.D to go to the night with a full scum team?

you've been going pretty far to save Mr.D's ass, and it's happening right now. I admit, you're a champion busser, but this is too obvious.  I just want to know, who's the other dopp?

Jim, I'm stopping your bandwagon right here.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2012, 05:45:49 pm »

Jim:
Hey, I resemble that remark!
...but you haven't shown how it is stupid.

Because you were demonstrably a dipshit at the start of the day and have showed no signs of slowing down.

The day would end in five hours had not Meph clarified that after your post.)

FACT CHECK TIME (Or rather, Bookthras gets shown to be a dipshit again time)

I made this post, the one you're quoting, on Monday, because JULY 30th 2012 happened to be a MONDAY. At that time, the day ended on TUESDAY as you can see here. I.E., CONSIDERABLY MORE THAN FIVE HOURS.

Maybe you want to reevaluate your arguments and the accusations made therein for accuracy before you make a dipshit of yourself again.

The rest of your post

I never said that it was important to find one scum faction over the other, no matter how much you contort and strangle my words to try and make it look that way.

[Mr.D] reads noob rather than scum.
And yet you didn't want to extend to avoid it. You seemed perfectly fine with his lynch, even knowing what a mislynch at this point would mean. Why? Because you are scum.

Questioning the necessity of an extension when there's a clear majority to lynch a player is exactly that. It is not making a statement, direct or indirect, about what scum faction we should prioritize.

And this was before I had entirely made up my mind about him. I was wondering whether he was noob, scum, or noob scum, and now I've made up my mind. And this was also before more convincing targets presented themselves (i.e., BMC).

Your zeal to see me lynched is incredibly suspicious given the amount of errors you've made in the process. I'm fairly certain you're starting with your conclusion, i.e., Jim Groovester is the Exterminator, and trying to lynch me from there.

Jim, I'm stopping your bandwagon right here.

My bandwagon?

lol

Your commitment to lynch somebody who's blatantly obvious scum is noted in how you jumped off that vote as soon as a more attractive target for a mislynch appeared. Because you could make that lynch happen, and then depending on the flip, make my lynch happen if your theory here is correct, but I guess it's pretty obvious that you're not really interested in lynching scum at all.

You wouldn't want to bus too hard, would you?

You have no idea what the fuck bussing is, do you?

Come on, let's go. Tell me right now.

The next time you make a big speech to show everyone how town you are you might want to make sure you know what the fuck you're talking about, you giant fucking faker.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2012, 06:02:42 pm »

The day would end in five hours had not Meph clarified that after your post.)
FACT CHECK TIME (Or rather, Bookthras gets shown to be a dipshit again time)
Hey dipshit! The day would have ended in five hours from the time of my post, not yours. A little reading comprehension from you would be nice, seeing how I posted five hours before the day would have ended. Duh. Maybe a few more capital letters would help your argument.

But it's very clear how you want to dismiss my argument by namecalling, instead of answering the questions and the points made in it. Classy. Being dismissive of substantive arguments against you makes you even more scummy.

Maybe you want to reevaluate your arguments and the accusations made therein for accuracy before you make a dipshit of yourself again.
Every one is accurate. You can't dismiss them by namecalling, you dipshit.

Here's your very strong argument about anything else in there being incorrect:
The rest of your post
I never said that it was important to find one scum faction over the other, no matter how much you contort and strangle my words to try and make it look that way.
You actively discouraged people from looking for the Ext, or extending to do so. That is what you said, no contorting necessary.

Questioning the necessity of an extension when there's a clear majority to lynch a player is exactly that. It is not making a statement, direct or indirect, about what scum faction we should prioritize.
It is when you say "Don't you want to find the dopps as well? [...] but you want to extend to find the Exterminator." Didn't you say that? Shouldn't we extend to look for the Ext? It was you who said lynching Mr.D without extending or looking for the Ext was acceptable. You brought up the point about not extending to look for the Ext. How's that not a statement about it?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2012, 06:44:43 pm »

You actively discouraged people from looking for the Ext, or extending to do so. That is what you said, no contorting necessary.

Bullshit. Actively discouraging people would be shortening and shouting NOOOOOOO DON'T FIND THE EXTERMINATOR

Which did not happen. What does this make you? A liar.

It is when you say "Don't you want to find the dopps as well? [...] but you want to extend to find the Exterminator." Didn't you say that? Shouldn't we extend to look for the Ext? It was you who said lynching Mr.D without extending or looking for the Ext was acceptable. You brought up the point about not extending to look for the Ext. How's that not a statement about it?

Questioning another player's priorities in finding scum is not making a statement about my own.

Why.

Will you not.

Fucking.

Realize this.

If anything, I'm asking Urist Imiknorris why he's looking for the Exterminator at the expense of the dopps, because he should be looking for both.

I'm going to start calling you Brickthras, in honor of what it feels like I'm talking to whenever I'm arguing with you. It's also in honor of what I want to throw at you while I'm arguing with you. (I also considered Turdthras but it doesn't work as well.)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2012, 06:54:07 pm »

Bullshit. Actively discouraging people would be shortening and shouting NOOOOOOO DON'T FIND THE EXTERMINATOR
Heh. Had you had done that, the conversation would have been shorter, yes. Do you really think anyone, Ext or not, would have done that ever? One should look for subtlety from the likes of you, yes? Indeed, what you said is as close as this as I think you could ever come.

Questioning another player's priorities in finding scum is not making a statement about my own. Why. Will you not. Fucking. Realize this.
Bullshit. You went beyond questioning. You actively discouraged his attempt and voted him for making it. "Why do you think we should" is different than "Isn't this lynch good enough? You must be dopp! vote on you!" You see the difference, yes?

I'm going to start calling you Brickthras, in honor of what it feels like I'm talking to whenever I'm arguing with you. It's also in honor of what I want to throw at you while I'm arguing with you.
I actually find that rather amusing. But let me know if we're OK to start slinging nicknames, Dim Cuntster!

8-P

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2012, 07:27:03 pm »

The Whiteboard
Jim Grooveter: Bookthras, blackmagechill
Mr. Dwarfinton: Dariush, Toaster, ToonyMan
blackmagechill: Jim Grooveter, Mr. Dwarfinton

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2012, 07:30:29 pm »

Heh. Had you had done that, the conversation would have been shorter, yes. Do you really think anyone, Ext or not, would have done that ever? One should look for subtlety from the likes of you, yes? Indeed, what you said is as close as this as I think you could ever come.

Actively discouraging does not come in subtle varieties.

So, Bookthras, why are you saying things you don't mean? Why not just say 'subtly discouraging'? That would be more to the point of what you're getting at, so why the extreme of ACTIVELY DISCOURAGING?

Is it because you're trying to get me lynched at all costs, including lying or making otherwise disingenuous statements?

TUNNEL TUNNEL CHUNNEL TUNNEL

CHOO CHOO HERE COMES THE BRICKTHRAS TRAIN GOING INTO THE TUNNEL OF TUNNELING

TUNNEL TUNNEL CHUNNEL TUNNEL

It's like Sorcerer's Apprentice I all over again!

Bullshit. You went beyond questioning. You actively discouraged his attempt and voted him for making it. "Why do you think we should" is different than "Isn't this lynch good enough? You must be dopp! vote on you!" You see the difference, yes?

My vote on Imiknorris was not because he wanted to find the Exterminator and I was dead fucking set on stopping that from ever, ever happening. It was because he wanted to find the Exterminator and that made me suspicious (as a legitimate threat to the dopp team, a dopp would be more active in seeking the Exterminator out in comparison to pretending to hunt for the dopps), and I decided to find out what would turn up if I went all out with it.

I understand the logic behind wanting to find the Exterminator first, and I can say that the logic hadn't occurred to me when I cast my vote. But I still think finding any scum is better than finding specific scum, since the better we do identifying all the scum teams the better chance for accurate crossfire.

I actually find that rather amusing. But let me know if we're OK to start slinging nicknames, Dim Cuntster!

8-P

You can, but only if they're funny.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2012, 07:44:47 pm »

PFP
Jim: Welp, misused a slang term. The point being that you've been hammering on Mr.D right until he gets lynched. I can't use a quote right now, but what was[\i] so wrong with Mr.D's lynch? What was so wrong that I was suddenly more scummy than someone who has done nothing but fret about making an OMGUS valid?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2012, 07:58:33 pm »

Actively discouraging does not come in subtle varieties. So, Bookthras, why are you saying things you don't mean? Why not just say 'subtly discouraging'? That would be more to the point of what you're getting at, so why the extreme of ACTIVELY DISCOURAGING?
Subtle and active are not antonyms. You actively (as in "with deliberate actions") discouraged it, and expressed it subtly. The opposite of actively discouraging it would be to passively discourage it. Overtly vs. subtly are on an entirely different axis.

Is it because you're trying to get me lynched at all costs, including lying or making otherwise disingenuous statements?
What lies? I stand by my statements. The only one you called a lie turned out to be your error (the capital letters, five hours thing).

It's like Sorcerer's Apprentice I all over again!
Heheh. I was thinking the same thing earlier. Funny how you bring up that game (where I was wrong) every time I've attacked you since, including the ones where I've been right (like that Supernatural right after BP1). Still, this game is this game, and the arguments are solid and can stand on their own for people to review them.

But let's not forget, it's not just that "actively discouraging" thing that makes you scummy. You also flailed around with personal attacks (you dipshit) instead of addressing the argument (scummy), you called me a liar without justification (scummy), you (subtly!) supported the lynch of Mr.D even though you didn't think him that scummy (scummy), and now the clincher:

I can say that the logic hadn't occurred to me when I cast my vote.
Wow. Is that... an admission of error? I never thought I'd see the day. But I don't buy it. You knew when the game started it was a smaller game than usual (12 people); you saw three townie corpses at the dawn of D2; you saw a night with two kills, one of them by an Ext. You are a Paranormal veteran. As much as I'd like to believe that humble sentence, I don't buy it: when D2 started, townies were jolted with a "oh fuck!" feeling of seeing two kills a night. Did it really take you this long to come to realise what that meant? Only if you weren't really looking (the Ext just wants everyone dead) or if you were hoping we weren't.

I understand the logic behind wanting to find the Exterminator first [...] But I still think finding any scum is better than finding specific scum, since the better we do identifying all the scum teams the better chance for accurate crossfire.
Really? How does our "identifying teams" improve the chances for crossfire? How would we ever "identify teams" anyway? Didn't you say it was a lost cause to find out which flavour of scum a scummy person was?

Or are you saying the dopps want us to find the Ext, then don't lynch him so the dopps can take him out?

Don't take me wrong, a scum lynch of any flavour is good, and crossfire is the best hope for town, but if we can at all, we should try to find and lynch the Ext to reduce the night kills from two to one.

You are voting BMC (and I agree he's scummy): do you think he's scum of a particular flavour? Who do you suspect of being the Ext at the moment? What is your read of Toony and Toaster?

Toaster, Toony: please answer the same question (with your current vote target and reads of Jim and each other, obviously).

You can, but only if they're funny.
I smells me a challenge! Grim Poopster!

...don't make me break out the limericks.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31