Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Act 2: Gotterdammerung  (Read 30758 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Act 2: Circular Motion
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2012, 02:00:06 pm »

Ashley peers over Travis' shoulder to look at the map and frowns. They were quite a ways away from a town, judging from the blue dot which was most likely put there by the lady in the hut to show where they were.

"Well I don't know about you guys, but it seems to me that we've got a long way to go. Now's a good a time to start walking I guess. Let's head to that road I saw and head north to Kuala Teren-whatsit. If we are lucky, we can hitch a ride on a passing truck or something there too."

She takes the multitool back out of her pocket and slips it back into the survival pack, as well as putting the penlight, her tape and her cellphone too. She would rather not get them wet if she had the choice incase it rains again.

"Hopefully we can get a mobile signal on the way so we can call for help or something." She called over her shoulder as she began walking back into the jungle and toward the road.

Head for the road, then start heading north once we reach it. Eat some fruit on the way, making sure to drink the juice too for hydration.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2012, 03:18:26 pm »

"Come on guys, we're not going to get the job done by just standing around."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2012, 03:26:22 pm »

Wesley blends into the background.

ooc: still playing I just have nothing to do since we're in a big group setting at the moment.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2012, 06:07:52 pm »

"As expected he's back, and fine now lets get moving, I have a feeling we have many more obstacles in our way then we previously thought. Now, let us see, we're in ... ummm .. Thailand? Thats just fucking great, last time I was here I ran into that dick Eldio, I'm going to kill Larson for that one." Renard says before trailing off into mumbles, and occasionally a few well heard curse words as he thinks out loud.

Continue onwards

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2012, 08:47:09 pm »

"Hey Travis! You're back!"

Eri smiled with joy at the sight, he looked like he accomplished his task of meeting with the locals! She didn't know the customs around here, but it seems it went well, with that snazzy necklace and such.

"So...shall we re-pack our shelter and begin moving towards civilization now?"

Check cellphone if it's in working - and texting - condition.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2012, 12:20:39 pm »

Spoiler: Party Loot: (click to show/hide)

The party moves on from the strange home of a stranger woman...while they have little illumination, they at least have a direction to travel in.

Act 2, Scene 3

Eri Arloest
Eri makes a habit of checking her cellphone for a signal often.

It's still on the fritz-but the signal is, slowly, getting stronger. A few times, she dials, but no one answers...

Inventory
Medium Scrap Metal Pry Bar, in left hand (Improvised Melee Weapon, does 1d4 Blunt or Piercing Damage. Looks like it will be bent out of shape only after a few solid strikes.)
2xFirst Aid Kits (Attached to belt)
Range Pack (On back)
-Compass
-Penlight
-Binoculars
-Trail Rations ( 8 )
-Sleeping Bag
-Cellphone
Jim the Pilots Wallet
-Assorted Cash (1 Wealth Worth in Ringgits/Malay Currency)
-Personal Effects

Richard Dockson Jr
Richard thoughts are heavy, and he unusually quiet and brooding.

Quote from: Richard Status
(20/20 HP remains, now 0 total NLD)
Life Jacket, Being worn: +10 to Swim Checks, Can Take 10 even when threatened

Dockson Legacy Expedition Case, Strapped Over Shoulder (Can hold up to 10 pds of equipment, but the case and it's contents will count as weightless if Richard holds it. Extremely difficult to break into or damage by ordinary means. It contains a sundry of random equipment and trinkets Dockson Sr gathered in his travels-Richard can occasionally pull plot-needed items from it's depths with a search roll.)
-Zip Tie Cuffs (25)
-Chem Light Sticks (5)
-Compass
-Binoculars
-Flashlight
-Multipurpose Tool
-Lock Release gun
-Beretta 93R (Semiautomatic Pistol, does 2d6 Ballistic Damage. Currently unloaded. Looks to be in pristine condition.)
-Spare 9mm Beretta Clip (20 rounds total)
-The Last Crystal-Glyph (Glowing Slightly)
-Personal Recorder (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113341.msg3499741#msg3499741)
-Black Stone Box (Seal Broken) 

Renard Brosac
Renard feel shaky and utterly miserable-between the pain, the heat, the insects and the mud, he's quite sure this is Hell.

Quote from: Renard Status
(17/18 HP remains, now 0 total NLD)
Inventory
Archaic Scrap Spear, in both hands (Large Melee Weapon, does 1d8 Piercing Damage. Made of tight vines lashing a scrap edge to a long branch. Seems a bit fragile.)
Stretchy Vine (10 ft)

Locked Black Briefcase (5 digit code)
-?
-?
-?
-?
-?

Ashley Lockman
Ashley makes sure to get a ration of fruit, keeping herself healthy. She keeps an eye on the others...

Quote from: Ashley Status
(18/18 HP remains)
Inventory
Scrap Staff, in both hands (Large Improvised Melee Weapon, does 1d6 Blunt Damage. Badly bent-good enough for walking, but not much else.)
Survival Kit (On back, Providing +10 to Swim Checks, Can Take 10 even when threatened)
-1xFlare gun (1 Round ammunition)
-3xChemical Light sticks
-1xCompass
-1xMultipurpose Tool
-20xSquare feet of Clear Plastic
Day Pack (on shoulder)
-Pocket Flashlight
-Casual Clothes
-Cellphone
-Flashlight
-Duct Tape

Rachel Fergusson
Rachel has little to say. She is quiet, and observant.

Quote from: Rachel Status
(18/20 HP remains, now 0 total NLD)
Inventory
Day Pack (On left shoulder)
-Flashlight (Battery 100%)
-Trail Rations (36 bars)
-Rope (30 ft nylon)
-Knife (1d4 piercing damage, 19-20 crit range)

Mica
Mica hangs in the back of the party, trying to remain unseen.

Quote from: Mica Status
(18/20 HP remains)
Scrap Spear, in both hands (Large Improvised Melee Weapon, does 1d6 Piercing Damage. It's got a pointy end!)

Abby
Abby is also quiet.

Her brother seems worried for her.

"What's wrong, Abby? Are you feeling sick or something?" He asks.

Quote from: Abby Status
(16/16 HP remains)
Inventory

Travis

Travis moves along, his mind wandering into the past...

Quote from: Travis Status
(14/17 HP remains, now 0 total NLD)
Teardrop Jade Amulet, On Neck (Protection from...?)
Leather Jacket +2, Being Worn (Light Armor. It looks like something an Aviator from WW2 would favor. Classic cool. It's comfortable, and strong...it feels stronger than you would have guessed. Acts as a regular Leather Jacket armor, and gives you a +2 AC Bonus on top of it's base stats.)
-Mapcase (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113341.msg3502773#msg3502773)

Wesley
Wesley holds his medical kit close, and occasionally attends to the groups minor wounds as they rest.

Quote from: Wesley Status
(17/17 HP remains, now 0 total NLD)
Inventory
Medical Kit (9/10 uses remain)
---------------------------------------------------------
Entire Team

Day 2

The party rests shortly after. +1 HP

The team just has enough food that everyone is able to eat that night, grumbling stomachs aside.

-4x Fruit Meals, -10xTrail Bars

...And by the next day, they begin the long and hard trek toward the cliffs beyond.

Eri leads the way!

Eri Survival Roll [7+14=21]

She helpfully finds enough supplies for 6 members of the party-it should be enough to tide them over, for one more day...

+6 Fruit Meals

The Jungle is a treacherous, difficult to navigate place-but the map seems to update their position every 30 minutes or so, in real time-and they make their way toward the road, and hopefully help.

[Encounter Roll=17]

They run into some truly Hellish terrain about noon...

Eri Survival Roll [7+20=27]

...But Eri points out the quicksand pits before the team merrily stumbles into them.

[Encounter Roll=19]

It's almost dusk, and the party is considering finding rest, when they come upon a grisly sight-to be more honest, they smell it on the air first...rotting flesh.

They find the fly blown corpse of full grown Malayan Tiger, shot, skinned and butchered roughly-then left to rot.

Eri is shocked when she realizes two things-the Tiger is a female, and judging by the littered bones and padded down sleeping areas, this was Her Den-home. There's no sign of a chase-apparently She stood her ground and died here. She knows it would only do that if the Tigeress was defending cubs-but if they were killed, they're not here.

Wesley is disgusted to notice some of the blows seem to have been inflicted only to cause pain-some of the Tigers claws were extracted...while She was still alive. She probably kept fighting, even when heavily wounded, and the Poachers took out their anger on her with no remorse.

The group agrees-Poachers, no doubt. Poaching is illegal in Malaysia, naturally-but the market for them only seems to get better as their population is diminished. Such casual cruelty is also common of their profession, sadly-though some turn in desperation to Poaching, to supplement their families meager incomes, others seem to enjoy the blood-lust of the work. This case is likely the latter.

That aside, there is a definite trail leading away-footprints, cigarette butts, discarded food wrappers-whoever killed this Tigeress has moved on, possibly to their own camp...they're obviously not too concerned about being tracked out here, fearing little in the great expanse of green.

The party considers what to do. Should they follow the back-trail? Their reception might be a bit frosty. But if they can find them...they might find a way out of this jungle. Or it could be a waste of time-and a dangerous one.

The Poachers will have guns, knives and clubs-versus the parties scraped together assortment of airplane wreckage turned improvised weapons. If they turn out to be hostile, it might get ugly.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 12:25:52 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Act 2: Gotterdammerung
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2012, 01:14:46 pm »

Ashley spit on the ground in disgust. She disliked violence, but pointless cruelty like this made her feel sick. It made her remember...

"Just so you know, I wouldn't miss whoever did this, and neither would the world. Doutless they have transport of some kind, or at least supplies that we could really use."

She kicked the dirt and sniffed, looking at the trail.

"They also know that they are doing illegal shit out here and don't want anyone to find or know about it. If we follow them, we would almost definately have to fight them, maybe kill them. It's up to you guys if you want to go looking for trouble or not, I'm fine either way."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2012, 06:51:10 pm »

For the first time in her life, seeing another creature in such a state didn't fill Eri with remorse.

Anger, instead, reared it's ugly face.

"Accursed bastards. Killing an animal in cold blood!"

She quickly agreed to Ashley's comments.

"Poor thing. If it had children, then...I'm voting we go after them! Poachers are well supplied, and are not ready to fight people like us. Besides, they may have maps and if we return to a nearby recognized village, then we'd be lauded as heroes, right?

"They won't expect anything of the sort. Stupid men."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2012, 07:04:08 pm »

Renard walked by everyone in silence and sat down on his knees before the tiger, he looked at it a few moments before whispering, "May whatever god watches over your kind have guided you to your place, Hunter and Queen of the Forest you shall be missed by those of your kind. I shall kill those who did this to you if I can, but vengeance will not bring you everything you want great Hunter, if your children yet live I will save them as well. Now rest in peace Queen of the Forest." With that he pushed himself up, and dusted off the knees of his jeans before turning to the trail the killers had left. He stopped and said over his shoulders, "I'm going to hunt the poachers down, and free them of their lives those of you who don't have the spine to kill stay away, I can't protect you if your in the way." With that he set off, a wild fire had appeared in his eyes, he hated people who chose these style of professions. He was a criminal himself but he followed a set of rules, of ethics and people like this did as they saw fit, well they had chose the wrong time to do it and now they would pay a price.

Follow the trail, but do so off to the side in under brush. Stay hidden
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:56:57 pm by adwarf »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2012, 07:18:49 pm »

"Renard? Renard!"

Eri was surprised at the man as he said his solemn farewell to the being. She didn't know people were...passionate about it.

"Hold it, I'm coming with you!"

Follow the back-trail, staying out of the common road and preferably out of sight.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2012, 09:34:06 pm »

Ashley shrugged and followed quickly.

"Well, that settles it then."

Follow the trail behind Eri. Stay out of sight and stay ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2012, 05:38:32 pm »

~Gonna bump before it falls onto the third page~

Honestly, should I Pm everyone on updates? The RP threads seem to update so fast nobody even sees this.  :'(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2012, 07:41:52 pm »

((I personally can't wait for each update. I like this game system too, or at least parts of it.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2012, 08:31:17 pm »

~Gonna bump before it falls onto the third page~

Honestly, should I Pm everyone on updates? The RP threads seem to update so fast nobody even sees this.  :'(
((I personally can't wait for each update. I like this game system too, or at least parts of it.))
((It is super fun for me, but the activity! D:

Come on, everyone!))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2012, 09:43:24 pm »

"Do we have to go?" grumbles Mica while following Eri. "They're just tiger poachers. Though they might have guns, which are good."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17