Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Act 2: Gotterdammerung  (Read 30729 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Mica carefully kicks the propeller in spite, then clambers to the foliage, trying to get a hold of a branch.

"Uh... who's still alive? Reveal yourself, or be ... uh ... smitten by ... angry rampaging propellers."

(Take Ten on Balance if possible? A +5 each to Balance, +1 to Climb I think I have.)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

*bump*
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Richard looked down at the belt that was holding him to his seat and grunted as he tried to pull it off. Failing to do so he considered his options. He has slipped though tighter spots in the past... But not in the time he would have before drowning. Deciding instead to focus on the mechanism itself. Twisting the belt around he starts fiddling with the friction lock.

((Rolling Repair to jury rig repair the seat belt long enough for me to get out of it. Expected DC: 10. Expected time to make check: One round. Expected Bonus on check: -2 Expected tries before death: 25 to 56

I don't know how much information on skills and such you want for our actions, so I put all of it up.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Act 1, Scene 3

Tail Group
Richard Dockson Jr, Eri Arloest, Rachel Fergusson, Renard Brosac and Ashley Lockman realize their time is limited...

[GM evil=3]

The plane seems to cease it's sliding for now. A breather.
======================================================================================
Eri Arloest

Eri jumps into action, not intending to let her one time savior fall afoul of the rising water.

[Search Check 12+3=15]

She dives down into the water and after a few moments of frantic searching, finds a bar that can be used as a pivot.

Eri makes her way to him, planting it and attempting to bend the restraining metal out of the way.

[STR check 10+1=11]

She groans, feeling the metal start to strain...

(Ricard gains a +2 Aid Another Bonus to free himself from the wreckage)

Panic is starting to set in-the water is almost up to Richards neck...

Quote from: Eri Status
(16/16 HP remains, now 5 total NLD)
Inventory
Scrap Metal Pry Bar (Improvised Melee Weapon, does 1d4 Blunt or Piercing Damage. Looks like it will be bent out of shape only after a few solid strikes.)

Ashley Lockman

Ashley slides away from the impaley metal, and begins ransacking the area..

[Search Roll=10+1=11]
[Random Find=6]

She finds the Survival Kit floating just outside the plane-and sinking under a heavy piece of plane debris-a quick snag retrieves it before it goes any deeper. She was lucky to have done so. The case seems undamaged, but she has no time to check right now. She flips it onto her back and adjusts the straps.

Quote from: Ashley Status
(18/18 HP remains)
Inventory
Survival Kit (On back)
-1xFlare gun (1 Round ammunition)
-3xChemical Light sticks
-1xCompass
-3xFirst Aid Kits
-1xMultipurpose Tool

Richard Dockson Jr

Richard calms himself, remembering his training from his grandfather...

Richard Senior looked upon his grandson with something very much like love. Then he smacked him on the head for flubbing the training course. He had been doing good until he got to the underwater portion...Sr. had to dive down and drag him out of the tunnel, or he might have been in real trouble.

"Remember, Rich. Never Panic."  He says.

"Panic kills. In this business, more than bullets, poison snakes or plane crashes. You've got to stay calm, no matter what. Remember..."

He remembers. Richard begins to picking at the lock, using nothing but his fingers-and is surprised when the woman he saved earlier, Eri Arloest, comes to his side with a pry bar she scavenged from the waters.

(Aid Another Bonus applied)
[Repair DC 18-2+2=18, pass!]

The waters up to his neck-and he's beginning to strain his head head upward-as the accursed belt comes free with a snap!

He surges up out of the cold water, leaning on the lady for support. Now they both need to get out of here...

Quote from: Richard Status
(17/20 HP remains, now 3 total NLD)
Carrying Nothing

OOC: I appreciate the math, but don't hold me to getting that amount of tries. While one round/a turn is general, it obviously doesn't work in situations like this. :P

Rachel Fergusson

Rachel begins tossing things around, looking for her pack specifically.

(Dc 10 to find a random thing, DC 15 to find a specific thing)

[Search Roll=14+2=16]

She finds her bag where she tossed it-apparently it was the thing that flew out of the overhead compartment and collided with her chest. She adjusts the shoulder strap.

Quote from: Rachel finds...
Day Pack (On left shoulder)
-Flashlight (Battery 100%)
-Trail Rations (36 bars)
-Rope (30 ft nylon)
-Knife (1d4 piercing damage, 19-20 crit range)

Rachel, then taking the idea of every (wo)man for his or herself, to heart, ignores her allies cries for help and makes her way out of the plane without much difficulty-feeling only a twinge of guilt in her heart. Or maybe that's just lingering heartburn from the in-flight meal.

(Balance Check is 10 to make your way up and down the sinking plane-failing means you fall back. Reflex check 15 to catch yourself from a fall, and if you pass your reflex you still move forward)

[Balance Check 10+2=12, pass!]

She looks out and sighs. The swim back to shore is about 40 feet away, in rough water (Base DC 15 Swim check, 3 checks in a row to pass)

Rachel stops to catch her breath, idly batting away a piece of floating junk-there's lot of debris scattered around on the surface.

Quote from: Rachel Status
(16/20 HP remains, now 4 total NLD)
Inventory
Day Pack (On left shoulder)
-Flashlight (Battery 100%)
-Trail Rations (36 bars)
-Rope (30 ft nylon)
-Knife (1d4 piercing damage, 19-20 crit range)

Renard Brosac

Renard stumbles around, his eyes unable to fix on any one thing. He falls back into his seat with a groan. He gets the nasty feeling he's not going to get out of this plane without help.

((Searching is a Full Round action, and you're too staggered to do those. You're going to need help.))

Quote from: Renard Status
(9/18 HP remains, now 9 total NLD)
Staggered*
Carrying Nothing

*Staggered: Having nonlethal damage exactly equal to current hit points. A staggered character may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can she take full-round actions). A character whose current hit points exceed his nonlethal damage is no longer staggered; a character whose nonlethal damage exceeds his hit points becomes unconscious. Note, in our case, rounds equal game turns.

Nose Group
Wesley, Travis, Abby O'Brian (and her brother), along with Mica all try to escape their increasingly precarious position.

[GM Evil=10]

Something snaps-the plane abruptly shakes...

======================================================================================
Abby

Responding to the cries from the cockpit, Abby begins her precarious climb...

(Balance and Climb DC is 10 to move up and down the cockpit. Passing one of them reduces the DC of the other by -5, possibly averting a fail.

Reflex check 15 to catch yourself before a fall)

[Balance Roll=13, Pass!]
[Climb Roll: 11+1=12, Pass!]

Despite the planes abrupt tremor, she manages to snag a nearby seat and ride out the tremors. A few moments later, all is quiet...for now.

She makes her way up to the pilots door, reaching for it...

[Bad Luck Roll: 4]

It shifts a bit, then crunches to a stop. The sound from within grows louder. She grits her teeth and pulls harder..

[STR Roll: 18-1=17, Pass!]

The door opens to her frantic efforts with a metallic screech. She goes to the pilot, trying to comfort him...but it's not what she suspected.

It looks like a massive spear like branch punctured the cockpit. He's been entirelly skewered, pinned into his seat...the sound she heard was the branch creaking and swaying in the strong wind. Abby stumbles back, eyes averting from the horror.

Her brother calls from behind her.

"Abby? Is the pilot alright? Can we move him?"

Quote from: Abby Status
(16/16 HP remains)
Carrying Nothing

Mica

Mica kicks the propellor out of spite-and feels the plane start to shake in response.

Cursing, she makes her way out to the nearby rain slicked foilage...it's an area thick with knotted vines and heavy bark-easy to climb with lots of handholds, but slippery.

(DC 15 Climb to exit the plane and climb down 10 ft, DC 20 Reflex to catch yourself before a fall. You can take 10 once you've exited the plane to climb the rest of the way down, but perform no other actions that turn.)

[Climb Roll: 3+1=4, FAIL!]

The first branch she puts her weight on cracks in two with a bitter snap.

[Reflex Check: 19+5=24, Pass!]

Mica quickly grabs back at a heavier branch, averting a painful drop.

[Climb Roll: 15+1=16, Pass!]

The next one doesn't crack, and she begins brachiate her way down like a monkey.

(Climbed down 10 of 20 Ft)

Quote from: Mica Status
(16/20 HP remains)
Carrying Nothing

OOC: Taking ten can only be done when you're being immediately threatened. The plane about to fall, meaning you can't take 10 while escaping from it.

Travis
Travis distinctly recalls his lack of upper body strength as a significant disadvantage when trying to negotiate down a rocking, slippery slope.

[Climb Roll: 17-1=16, Pass!]
[Balance Roll: 4+2=6, Pass!]

He almost falls several times, but manages to keep a firm grip as he makes his down to the stricken doctor.

Travis catches himself at the end, not touching Wesley until he knows what to do...

[INT check 10+1=11]

He thinks about it, quickly deciding he's going to have brace himself and undo the mans restraints-then physically lift him up before he falls. It's going to require alot of strength to lift that much dead weight, and the man seems groggy and insensible right now.

He doesn't have much time until the seat falls out-maybe less than a minute.

Quote from: Travis Status
(13/17 HP remains, now 4 total NLD)
Carrying Nothing

Wesley
Wesley...Wake up. The Patient is going into cardiac arrest...Wesley...we're going to lose her.

He staggers back to consciousness, an old, painful memory coming back to him. Travis is looking at him, judging how best to help.

Quote from: Wesley Status
(10/17 HP remains, now 7 total NLD)
*about to fall*
Carrying Nothing
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:09:35 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

((I think you mean "while I'm -not- being threatened" xD But yeah, it wouldn't have worked anyways. 10+1 = 11 < 15))

Mica continues~

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

"Oh lord..." Abby mutters as she forces herself not to shy away from the sight.  This sure isn't what she expected when she woke up this morning.
"James, the pilot bought the farm!  You all need to get out... I'll just be a second!"

Hurriedly Abby scans the console in front of her looking for the communications.  She can't spare more then a few seconds in this deathtrap but if she can see how to broadcast she will pick up the handset and hurriedly yell "Plane down, Plane down!  Send rescue!  Survivors evacuating plane!" before abandoning the cockpit.  Once clear she will climb down to her brother as quickly as she hurriedly scrambles to her brother and helps him free if he isn't already loose.  She hurriedly urges him out the tree in the direction that Mica traveled, making sure her injured sibling is out before stopping to help Travis save Wesley.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Doing this quick since you passed your luck check, Maniac)

Abby creeps forward-not looking at what's left of the pilot-and picks up the hand radio, asking for help.

[Bad Luck=1]

To her surprise, a voice answer back! In an unintelligible foreign language, probably native Malay.

"Ya, yang ini? Di mana kamu?

Apakah nombor berdaftar anda?

Memberitahu kami di mana anda berada!"

Abby can already smell bitter smoke rising from the shattered controls.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Abby will try a mayday call in every language she knows and see if they recognize her before evacuating.

On second thought she will start saying mayday in every language she knows but decide not to keep wasting her time in a precarious situation once she tries English and Mandarin.  Instead she will just make a request for rescue in English and hope the person on the other end gets the recording to a translator.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:37:52 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous

"Ferrah.." Wesley whispers before opening his eyes.  He began to actually take a look at his surroundings.

If possible, use an action point to get a surge of adrenaline so I'm not just dead weight.  Assist Travis in getting me to safety to the best of my abilities.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:41:37 pm by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Abby quickly recalls her language lessons-all the years of constant practice and tedious memorization finally paying off. She quickly deduces Mandarin and English to be the best chances.

"May Day, May Day!

Wǔyučtiān, Wǔyučtiān?"

She cycles around to Chinese Mandarin-and immeditely gets a response she can understand. She breathes a sight of relief. The radio crackles to life.

"You speak Mandarin? I speak Mandarin! Why didn't you tell me right off? Who am I speaking to?

...Uh, you needed help right! I'm here to help! But, I'm new at this job. I'm the only here in the control room right now. You know, I'm somtimes very lonely in the night. I wish I had a girlfriend..."

[Bad Luck=5]

The Radio sparks-catching on fire. Abby can still hear the man babbling away...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:54:21 pm by Dwarmin »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

"I'm a passenger on a crashed plane.  I need to evacuate right away!  Please, send rescue where we went down, I need to get out now!"
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rachel starts swimming to shore. About 15 meters. Hopefully it would go well, she did pass he swimming lessons very well...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Damn it! Everyone, grab your stuff and get out of here, quick, before we sink!" Ashley yelled as she looked around frantically.

Search for my bag or anything else that's useful. My bag should be in the same place that I left it, in the overhead locker. Then help the others climb up and follow them.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm a passenger on a crashed plane.  I need to evacuate right away!  Please, send rescue where we went down, I need to get out now!"

"Yikes! That sounds serious! I'd better call this in. Wait, I shouldn't leave you here. And it's rainy outside. I hate the rain. It makes me feel sad and lonely.

Hey, Passenger-where did your plane go down anyway? I've got a piece of paper here, I'll write it down. It's an old piece of newspaper. Wow, I didn't even read this! The Pope is dead. Very sad.

Here we go, tell me where you are. Whoops, my pen is out of ink...one moment, passenger."

Abby facepalms. She doesn't know exactly where they went down, but the Terangganu Region is a good guess.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

"I'm in the Terangganu region I think.  Can't you just use the air traffic controller's records to know where we went down?  I don't have time for this, the plane's catching on fire around me!"
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17