Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Act 2: Gotterdammerung  (Read 30733 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Act 2: Alone in the Woods
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2012, 12:39:40 am »

Eri gazed at the fence.

"It's a fence."

Seeing the look Ashley gave her, she decided to use the binoculars to try to recognize whatever is on that fence and their meaning.

"Alright, I'll try..."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2012, 04:13:20 am »

Travis caught himself taking a somewhat involuntary step forward. The scent was drawing him in, and he was less than inclined to resist. The dream, this place.. It was all too interesting. Of course if we're being honest, more than half the reason for approaching the cottage was the potential of a mysterious dream woman.

Okay, I cant stop you. No one could stop you short of tackling you. So yknow what? I'm in. Lets go into the mysterious cottage in the woods that smells like gingerbread. Maybe we'll meet a witch. I hear they love gingerbread.

"Enough of this, we can hem and haw about this all day. I'm going in there."

Travis walks towards the house, intent on knocking and seeking entrance.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2012, 11:50:03 am »

Eri Spot=18+7=25

Eri takes a look at the house, as well. She gets the same vertigo sensation, but it quickly passes. She begins to read the length of the fence.

From left to right, there seems to be small Asian Hieroglyphic words, intersped with pictograms-each strut seems to have some sort of pattern. She reads the ten in the center bracket.

[Symbol of a Man Raising a Cup-WATER-A Fairy(?)-AWE-A pregnant woman-LIFE-three crossed spears-DEATH-The Sun-FIRE]

What these mean, she has no idea.

Travis can't wait...he walks forward, weaving his way through the fence, over the well manicured lawn and up to the porch. He spots a finely carved wooden knocker in the shape of a Crows head on the door, and uses it to knock.

He's not surprised when She opens the door. The Woman from his dreams. A young woman. Slim, delicately Asian, well built. And those dark-almond shaded eyes. Almost...exactly right. He blinks once, and she is perfect. What was he thinking before?

She gives him a conspiratorial smile, standing in the doorway. Behind her, Travis can indeed see what amounts to humble one room home, with sparse amenties-Her house seems somehow smaller inside than out, but that must be a trick of dimension. Most of it seems well taken care of, and her home is neat and perfect-in fact, he gets a distinct feeling of homesickness.

This could almost be...his home. When he was a child, and had one anyway. His family was never rich, but they treasured what few things they did have, and took pride with their few possessions-and he can see that here, as well. The pain-stakingly carved table-leg, to remove the creak. The hand spun bed-sheets and curtains, done with patience and care. The chipped cups and plates, lovingly mended, redecorated and put back on the shelf...it all points to someone who goes to no lengths to hide their lack of wealth, but instead takes joy in making do with what they have.

"...Well. I knew you would come to me. Few men resist The Awe.

Why don't you tell me your name, and I'll invite you inside...your full name. Such is formality, I must observe.

I'm making tea, and something sweet. I thought you'd like it."
She says placidly, speaking in perfect English. Her lovely eyes gaze up and down the length of your body. That is...at least...a look you know.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2012, 12:59:54 pm »

Travis moved subtly to block any attempts at lip-reading from a distance, and block Her from sight by the party. It was Her, the woman from his dreams. How about that?

Witch! WITCH! SHES A WITCH! BURN HER! ...That aside, seriously. Witch! Called it! CALLED IT!
"As far as resisting you..Well." Travis looked her up and down, letting his gaze linger occasionally. "Its not every day a man finds the woman from his dreams. Quite the invitation. I'm Travis, as I'm sure you know.

But something tells me it would be a bad idea to step into your home. So why don't you just let me know why it was that you summoned me."

I -probably- should have waited for backup. Oh well, whats the worst that can happen...

Travis diplomatically attempts to gather information.
Diplomacy +8

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2012, 01:43:24 pm »

She looks at you for a few seconds.

"...Well, two reasons.

The first you already know, if your lingering gaze is any indication..."

She smiles warmly, settling into a more...comfortable pose. More revealing as well. You give her that winning smile.

[Travis Diplomacy Roll: 13+8+1 (Charm Talent)=21, Success! NPC Attitude Raised]

Witch or no, she's still a woman-and you've got magic of your own. She seems a bit pleasantly flustered.

"Yes, ahm. Aside from that.

Second. You and ones with you have been the targets of...not exactly a rival, but she didn't ask my permission to practice her crafts near my home. This one took down your flying...whatever. Your 'Cezznah'? The metal bird I saw screaming from the core of the storm last night-I slowed it's descent to spite her, and because I thought it was funny to undo her entire plan with far less power than she put into it...I felt the thoughts of those afar, wondering if I should ignore or kill you all, but then I found yours...and here we are.

I see you're confused. You needn't ask questions why or how-they'd just confuse you. Just accept it. Accept me.

Know that I want to help you...but I need your name...your whole name. I'd much rather talk...inside. And I cannot come out to see you. So...we are at an impasse."
She finished, folding her hands over her chest.

[Travis Sense Motive= ?-1=?]

You feel she's telling the truth to you. As if you could read those inscrutable eyes.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2012, 01:49:22 pm »

Ashley's stomach sank when she saw Travis walk up to the door. Seeing how he was still standing, alive and not screaming, she guessed that it was at least somewhat safe to approach. But she got the feeling that she needed to do so before he did something stupid.

"Idiot. Well, at least he's not dead yet. Time for a chat I think."

As she jogged over, she waved and called out to Travis.

"Hey, are they friendly? Can they help us get to a town or something? We've got an appointment to keep, remember?"

Get over to check out whatever Travis is looking at. Get his attention on the way.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2012, 02:00:45 pm »

The woman in the door sees Ashley approaching. She doesn't seem to like that.

"I'd warn your friend back before she gets too close...I don't like her. And for one such as me, that can be a dangerous thing, no matter what I choose to do, and not to do. Free will is hardly a factor in it." She says to Travis, a bit sadly.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2012, 02:09:42 pm »

Travis held of his hand in a sort of 'stop' gesture and called back over his shoulder without breaking eye contact. The eye contact was always important.

"No worries, I've got this handled."

Turning slightly back, to face the lady once more, Travis cocked an eyebrow "Would that I could, for the first thing, but we do have an appointment and the plane crash ...they're called airplanes, or planes for short... wasn't precisely what you would call scheduled. And this isn't exactly what I would call civilization. Rather more jungly than I would like. I do try not to be late for appointments..

So I suppose what I'm asking is, will this take long? And what kind of help are you offering?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2012, 02:12:59 pm »

Renard walked forward, and started to go towards the door or at least the edge of the fence to see inside at who was inside, reckless people irked him a lot. Sure he was reckless as well but he'd admit it was limited by his paranoia so as to be non-life threatening, as he walked forward he half-shouted, "Hey Travis if their friendly ask if they have a beer for me?" Not long after he mused at his words, "I really need some alcohol right now, soon enough I'll be jumping at my own shadows.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2012, 02:32:58 pm »

The woman nods, relaxing.

"I don't want to interrupt your appointment, but...

She is watching you. Even now. Her...little devils spy your movements. She will continue to harass you, unless I work up something you carry with you-an amulet, a ring, a belt. It will not take long, hardly more than an hour, and you will have some measure of protection. Even if your 'rational' self refuses to accept that, I can provide you food and water, and weapons and armor for the dangerous journey I've seen in your future-I do have a suit which would fit you...perfectly..."

She looks around again, and speaks quieter.

"As for our other business, that's really up to the fates, isn't it? I have been with men for an hour, a day, a fortnight...sometimes, years and years...of course, to the world, time will pass quickly enough no matter how long we spend. I would not keep you from your...appointment, anyway. Unless you didn't want to leave..." she says wistfully.

She leans against the doorframe like the bars of a prison.

"What is your decision?"

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2012, 02:40:54 pm »

In for a penny...

Travis shrugged. Then, speaking slowly with clear enunciation: "My name is Travis Alexander Steele. Won't you be so kind, as to invite me in?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2012, 02:54:00 pm »

"Well, I don't exactly have to invite you...since you've just given me power over you..." She says, with an odd smile. It's not a cruel smile..but it is very odd.

She leans forward, reached out, and grabs you by the collar, pulling you into the house...you seem oddly unable to resist. At this point, you don't want to.

Your senses are engulfed by the scent and desire of her-and a terrific heat and light consumes your vision...you don't quite black out, but what happens next strains the standards of sanity and decency. It doesn't hurt, if that's what your asking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The others watch with some dismay as Travis is pulled into the House by an indistinct figure, seemingly unresisting.

All becomes silent-which is really odd, in a jungle. Everyone can feel the hairs on the back stand up. The house, which seemed so warm and inviting a moment ago...is now the opposite. You all feel a strong dread in your hearts-it tells you to not to come close to the House.

What now?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2012, 04:50:10 pm »

"I can't make out any sense from what's on that fence other than symbols of natural nature, death, and...a strange cup held up by a man.

"And here I am thinking of the Holy Grail..."
Eri said as she lowered the binoculars.

Glancing around, it seemed that some of her allies decided to approach the house. "I guess I'll go help Travis. Judging by the looks of it, whoever he is talking to is friendly enough to invite him in.

"Why didn't he tell of us and-..."

Post-house feeling...

"...Ok, what just happened and why do I feel like Travis is in trouble?" She looked at the rest - everyone else who was present. "Let's go get him?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2012, 05:07:58 pm »

Renard shook his head at Eri's comment and spoke up, "He knew full well how dangerous things were for him if he let her drag him in, so all we need to do is wait and see what happens. Its out of our hands now, and we shouldn't risk our lives to make up for his mistake if it is one." With that he sat down, and leaned up against the trunk of a tree as he looked out at the water before saying again "“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.”

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2012, 05:09:40 pm »

"Her? Woah, you've some good eyes to spot that. All I saw was a vague human shape in the common outfit.

"And...you're suggesting we wait, just outside the house? Like campers? I could just knock on the door, easy."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17