Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Hunters of Fortune-Play Thread/Act 2: Gotterdammerung  (Read 30746 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Ashley was slightly unnerved by the bucking of the plane, but was otherwise completely relaxed. Selling that ticket was a good choice, she needed the extra money and she didn't trust anyone enough to take with her on this trip. Still, it had been interesting on the way over, to say the least. She had been listening to the others talking and when one woman had handed out cards, she quickly darted forth and snagged one for herself. It was always good to have options for later...

"Hi, I'm Ashley! I came on this flight to see if the claim really was true, what with the 'chance of a lifetime' sort of thing on the message. What do you guys think is going to happen when we arrive? Must be something interesting, that's for sure!"

She looked over her fellow passengers, quietly sizing them up in terms of who would be more dangerous, and therefore better to be a friend to. She was interested in why a doctor, of all things, would be invited. There must surely be a reason for that...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rachel shivered in her seat from the cold, even with her windcheater on. She may've been tough but even the tough have their limits and was one of hers. The extra money gained from selling the ticket was going to be useful atleast, escpecially when it came to  getting new supplies, or maybe some new fatigues.

Of course, when people started talking about how it was odd a doctor was coming along, Rachel felt an urge to chime in on the conversation. "You think it's odd they rope in a doctor? Try a professional soldier and see where that leads you. 'Sides, it's south-east asia, there's a lot of demand for them."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

((So was I the only one who brought a friend?))
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((Don't trust NPC's. A primary rule of D&D gaming. You don't know what they've been up to when you weren't looking. And we need the money.))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Richard Dockson leaned back in his chair trying to ignore the storm that was threatening his life right outside his window. In his hands he held a book on ancient Mayan culture and artifacts, something he picked up at a tourist trap in his last outing. It was completely forgotten though as the others started moving around and talking. Placing it in his bag he got up and walked over to the woman who was passing out business cards.

"Mind if I snag one Miss Abby? Richard Dockson the name by the way, I might have need of such services as you say you render in the future. And always nice to make new contacts in my business."

((Sold my ticket))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

"Wait... Richard Dockson?  Like THE Richard Dockson?  Are you his son or something?"  When Richard indiates agreement (presumably) Abby's eyes light up in excitement.
"Oh my god this is just... cool!  I saw his presentation in Boston two years back on mysticism in the Vedic period and it's just amazing the stories he tells.  He lets you see the superstitions of the ancient cultures like you are looking through their eyes.  He's part of why I'm interested in antiquities to begin with.  Are you following in your namesakes footsteps then?"
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Jackson Nillos?  That doesn't ring a bell.  Is he involved in the East coast antiquities scene?  That's the market that I'm moving to shake up right now."

"This client of yours sure sounds interesting.  Man behind the curtain pulling all the strings?  Wonder what a facilitator like me is doing on this plane if he wants to call the shots himself."

Renard grins slightly and replies, "He may very well be involved ... just not the way you think he is." After he spoke a though came to mind, "Damnit Renard, shut up,your basically leaving road flares for the KGB to find you and your friends." With that he went silent and began to stare out the window waiting for them to arrive. Others talked around him and he listened, "How could anyone believe in that mysticism crap? Of course its fake ... I mean its most likely fake."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Fake or not, the people who contacted us think it's real enough to want to pay expensive private plane tickets, with a spare ticket, to get us to Malaysia." Ashley smiled and shrugged.

"Think about it; who would go to all this trouble of finding certain people with certain skills, sending out private messages to said people, organising plane tickets and setting up a meeting place on what is thought to be fake? This all costs money, despite the state of the flying scrap heap we're in would say otherwise. People don't shell out the big bucks without a reason. I can tell you now, there's a reason for us being here, but what that reason is, is beyond me."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wait... Richard Dockson?  Like THE Richard Dockson?  Are you his son or something?"

"Ah. Yeah. He's my grandfather."

"Oh my god this is just... cool!  I saw his presentation in Boston two years back on mysticism in the Vedic period and it's just amazing the stories he tells.  He lets you see the superstitions of the ancient cultures like you are looking through their eyes.  He's part of why I'm interested in antiquities to begin with.  Are you following in your namesakes footsteps then?"

Richard smiles at the praise towards his grandfather and replies.

"Yeah. I learned everything I know from the old man, I used to work as his assistant. Although now that he is retired I have decided to strike out on my own. And I guess that is how a ended up here."

"How could anyone believe in that mysticism crap? Of course its fake ... I mean its most likely fake."

"I wouldn't be so smug about that buddy. A lot of smart people used to believe in it. Sometimes makes you wonder what the ancients knew... Sometimes I think it may have been more then we do..."

Turning back to Abby he smiles and says "Well, that's enough about me. What got you into this. If you are a supplier and dealer I'm a bit surprised they asked you along. Or are you here with your brother?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

The captains voice comes on over the intercom, barely recognizable due to static.

*ding*

"This is your captain speaking....uh, folks, the storms getting too bad to head though...so, we'll be making an unscheduled landing at a local airstrip in the next fifteen minutes...remember to buckle your seatbelts when the light comes on."

If anything, the storm is getting worse. This plane rocks violently as he cuts off-now it rumbles nonstop, like it's about to burst apart at the bolts-and a burst of lightning strikes depressingly close to the left side of the plain-anyone looking out at the window at the time is momentary dazzled.

You all feel a momentary feeling of weightlessness as the plane begins it's rough descent.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Maybe we should talk later then." Richard says as he lurches over to his set and buckles up.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous

Wesley was already buckled up, why would he not be?  He leaned back in his chair, still straight, he wasn't sure if these chairs could even lean back.  He breathed in deeply before turning to the front of the plane.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Ashley checked her seatbelt (for the 4th time that hour) and held on, hating the feeling of weightlessness. She never liked falling, and to fall from this height was even worse. As she gripped the arm rests and ran through the crash position in her head, she could only hope the plane would hold together long enough to get them all to the ground, and that they weren't struck by lightening on the way down.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Renard quickly plugged his seat-belt in and started humming for a few seconds before saying, "Quite fun isn't it?" With that he looked at the others he could see with a grin on his face, they needed to stay calm and he had a feeling many of them weren't.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Turning back to Abby he smiles and says "Well, that's enough about me. What got you into this. If you are a supplier and dealer I'm a bit surprised they asked you along. Or are you here with your brother?"

"No, James in an author, he's actually tagging along with me for research purchases.  I'm the one interested in archaeology." she gets no further in her explanation though because the captain comes in over the intercom.

"Maybe we should talk later then." Richard says as he lurches over to his set and buckles up.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." she answers before returning to her original seat by her brother.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17