Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]  (Read 62763 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - Priest with a Plan [Day 2]
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2012, 07:12:16 pm »

NF: We got one already. Day ends approx. 29 hours from the time of this post. Do you need another?

Yeah, probably. I'm finishing packing everything all day today and by the time I'm finished moving tomorrow the day will be just about to end.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2012, 10:20:06 pm »

ZU: Concerning no N1 Tir action: Could be that Scelly didn't even check in during the night (I had no action N1 in the last RL because Flandre vanished). It could be that he just didn't have any activate-able items. It's still unusual, sure, but I wouldn't paint it as too sinister.
Why are you speculating on this if it isn't 'too sinister'?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper [Day 1]
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2012, 10:34:53 pm »

Vote Count:

Bookthras:
Hapah: Tiruin
NativeForeigner: IronyOwl
Dariush: Bookthras, zombie urist
blackmagechill:
Tiruin:
zombie urist: Dariush
IronyOwl:

Not voting: NativeForeigner, blackmagechill, Hapah

Day 2 will last until Thursday, 8/2 at 11 PM EST.

Do we get another extension?

I don't limit extensions, so if there are two more votes for one, yes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2012, 03:52:44 am »

ZU:
Could you explain how he was being passive? Why would being useless (please quote or explain how he was being such), merit that vigkill of yours?
Read through his posts. He mostly asked and answered RVS questions.
And that gives him your item of death? Asking and Answering RVS questions = vigkill, then? I mean, out of all of us, you decided to kill that type of person, as you had a scroll of death? Uncommon item...

In accordance with those questions, why did you decide to use it N1 before questioning UI about his antics?

While, yes, he mostly asked and answered RVS questions, he also asked pertinent scumhunting questions and I can't follow why you direct me to his posts to perhaps come up with my own explanation in your stead.

From where I see this, I'm guessing you're attributing scumminess to how much action//posts someone puts up. Why? If wrong, why?

Dariush
I used a ?o Door Creation last night, got randomised, and it landed on Dariush. His being blocked could also explain the assumed lack of a kill.
I indeed got blocked, but I was trying to use a Scroll of Tracking on BMC. I can confirm this by tracking the person of town's choice tonight.
A person of 'town's' choice tonight?

That gives me a feeling that you're subtly putting in alignment there. What did you mean by that, and how would you confirm such? Saying what that person did, and waiting for their confirmation?

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
Thoughts on that? Well, one is that he has a scroll of death [used on UI] or any other item that has a chance to kill, two is that he's an SK, three is that he's mafia.

He stated that he vigkilled UI, so either there actually is no Mafia NK, or someone protected someone else successfully yesternight.

On your statement to ZU: Scelly has a useable item, but he didn't act on N1. Guessing due to his workload.

Mod: Do SKs have a NK? If so, can it be used in addition to their item?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2012, 04:47:46 am »

Everyone: At a glance, ZU would have very little to gain from claiming either flavor (SK or Scum) of NK. He had to know it would invite scrutiny, and if he was an SK would probably want the town to operate under the assumption that the game is within normal bounds. I just can't see a solid reason to claim that kill like that unless you legitimately want to warn the town that the setup isn't typical. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Yes. My thoughts can be expressed with a simple five-letter abbreviation. Can you guess what it is? (hint: it's WIFOM).

A person of 'town's' choice tonight?

That gives me a feeling that you're subtly putting in alignment there. What did you mean by that, and how would you confirm such? Saying what that person did, and waiting for their confirmation?
Wait what? What I meant was 'everyone says whom he wants me to track', I do that and claim so tomorrow. Either somebody else also tracks him or the person claims his action, which I then confirm/deny.

Extend meanwhile.

Hapah and BMC: why aren't you voting anyone, with... what, 20 hours until day end?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2012, 07:38:55 am »

Two extend requests heard.  Three total needed to extend the day.

Mod: Do SKs have a NK? If so, can it be used in addition to their item?

Maybe.  I reserve the right to give third parties free starting items as balance dictates.  (Clarification- they don't have a factional kill, but they might start with some form of killing item that may or may not be on the item list.  See Roguelike 3 for an example.)

I can tell you that everyone has just one action, though, and a kill is an action.  The Mafia factional kill is subject to that as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2012, 09:13:27 am »

ZU:Because you seemed rather worried by the fact that Scelly/Tir didn't act N1. I was just pointing out that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

Dar: Concerning vote: At least we've got another day now.

Concerning ZU: I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an angle I was missing. I only see downsides with very few benefits.

Extend.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2012, 11:04:32 am »

ZU:
Could you explain how he was being passive? Why would being useless (please quote or explain how he was being such), merit that vigkill of yours?
And that gives him your item of death? Asking and Answering RVS questions = vigkill, then? I mean, out of all of us, you decided to kill that type of person, as you had a scroll of death? Uncommon item...
No. Not doing anything useful other than asking and answering RVS is scummy. BTW, looking at what Toaster wrote, my ?oDeath could have belonged to Mr. D.
In accordance with those questions, why did you decide to use it N1 before questioning UI about his antics?
Because I felt I had a solid enough read to do so. Also waiting would be disadvantageous because it gives scum more chances to act.
While, yes, he mostly asked and answered RVS questions, he also asked pertinent scumhunting questions and I can't follow why you direct me to his posts to perhaps come up with my own explanation in your stead.
Well, I didn't think he had good scumhunting questions. And if you read through his posts and didn't think he was scummy, then you're wrong.  :P
From where I see this, I'm guessing you're attributing scumminess to how much action//posts someone puts up. Why? If wrong, why?
Partially. I'm doing it because it works.

Dariush: You can't explain everything away using 5 letter acronyms you know... Also why aren't you pushing your case instead of asking others to vote?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2012, 11:08:09 am »

Dariush: You can't explain everything away using 5 letter acronyms you know... Also why aren't you pushing your case instead of asking others to vote?
Wait, are you asking me to get you lynched? Yes, sure, do that. Because you weren't scummy at all previously. That was sarcasm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2012, 03:31:39 pm »

ZU:
No. Not doing anything useful other than asking and answering RVS is scummy. BTW, looking at what Toaster wrote, my ?oDeath could have belonged to Mr. D.
Your ...huh? What terminology is this, because I don't know where you got it. Does this mean ? of Death?

So you admit to using a scroll of death? If the ? - item, then I don't see any other variants that could give death but a scroll.

* Tiruin is confused with that '?' and that 'o'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hmm, under the option that Lyncher - scum, if that's what I think you're thinking, I'll ask in that stead.

Mod: If the Lynchee dies//is NK'd by another hand and not death-by-lyncher's lynch-vote, what happens to the Lyncher's alignment? If scum > scum, or if town > town? Is it possible for a lyncher to be town, and his target to be town also? Is the lyncher considered a third-party?

Nonetheless, he did scumhunt. Did you prod him on why he was doing what he was doing? Nope. This is all your stuff on him. He had an excuse, albeit a RL one.

And then ZU killed him without further prodding.

By your attitude, I have two conclusions. A, you're scum. B, you're the lynchee, the latter meaning you are either town or third-party, veering on town due to inadequate defense of why you killed him.

A lyncher does not = scum. A lyncher just has a different win condition, but is not necessarily a threat to town, from what I can see. He turns pro-town when lynchee dies via not-his-hand.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2012, 03:58:36 pm »

Mod: If the Lynchee dies//is NK'd by another hand and not death-by-lyncher's lynch-vote, what happens to the Lyncher's alignment? If scum > scum, or if town > town? Is it possible for a lyncher to be town, and his target to be town also? Is the lyncher considered a third-party?

The Lyncher is a third party, with this wincon:

You win if PLAYERNAME is lynched.  If PLAYERNAME dies in any other way, you become Town.

The lyncher's target, in most cases, is town.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2012, 03:59:43 pm »

Your ...huh? What terminology is this, because I don't know where you got it. Does this mean ? of Death?

I'm a bit pressed for time today, but this is an easy one to answer: it's roguelike terminology, based on how different items appear on the games. ? for scroll, " for amulet, ! for potion, / for wand, and so on. More here.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2012, 04:03:09 pm »

Wait, are you asking me to get you lynched? Yes, sure, do that. Because you weren't scummy at all previously. That was sarcasm.
Hmm... I thought you were voting Hapah. Well this is awkward.
So you admit to using a scroll of death? If the ? - item, then I don't see any other variants that could give death but a scroll.
Its from Nethack. '?' represented scrolls. 'o' is short for 'of'. There also is a wand of death.
Hmm, under the option that Lyncher - scum, if that's what I think you're thinking, I'll ask in that stead.
Nonetheless, he did scumhunt. Did you prod him on why he was doing what he was doing? Nope. This is all your stuff on him. He had an excuse, albeit a RL one.
And then ZU killed him without further prodding.
By your attitude, I have two conclusions. A, you're scum. B, you're the lynchee, the latter meaning you are either town or third-party, veering on town due to inadequate defense of why you killed him.
A lyncher does not = scum. A lyncher just has a different win condition, but is not necessarily a threat to town, from what I can see. He turns pro-town when lynchee dies via not-his-hand.
Huh? Lyncher is 3rd party and generally a threat to town as he doesn't care about scumhunting, only lynching his target. Also I'm pretty sure the lynchee does not know he is the lynchee.

PPE'd by Toaster and Bookthras.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2012, 04:06:17 pm »

I'm a bit pressed for time today, but this is an easy one to answer: it's roguelike terminology, based on how different items appear on the games. ? for scroll, " for amulet, ! for potion, / for wand, and so on. More here.
Good thing we have Book.  :D

Yep, I was thinking the ? meant scroll, and was confused on the 'o', hence the reason why I stated both to be sure. Thanks for the link!

And, thanks Toaster for clarifying.

Fix'in this, what I mean by veering on town is because of the info from mafiascum wiki, where it says that the chance of a third-party to be the lynchee is lessened.

PPE: You.

Mod: Does the lynchee know he is the lynchee in Roguelike Mafia?

And PFP, going off soon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper [Day 1]
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2012, 08:23:27 pm »

Vote Count:

Bookthras:
Hapah:
NativeForeigner: IronyOwl
Dariush: Bookthras, zombie urist
blackmagechill:
Tiruin:
zombie urist: Dariush, Tiruin
IronyOwl:

Not voting: NativeForeigner, blackmagechill, Hapah

Day has been extended.   Day 2 will last until Friday, 8/3 at 11 PM EST.

Mod: Does the lynchee know he is the lynchee in Roguelike Mafia?

No.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18