Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]  (Read 62787 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper [Day 1]
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2012, 02:57:33 pm »

BMC:
I'm more worried about the experienced players who would be better at looking town, which spells bad things when combined with enough newbies for them to mislynch.

BMC, why is Mr. D not worth a vote, considering you're not voting anyone?
How many times have you been in a game that lynched a mafioso on D1? I feel like Irony is making a mountain out of a molehill and Mr.D is being strung along to look scummy and is cracking under heavy pressure. I think you were right in saying that experienced players both know what to look for and are better at looking town, combined with people who aren't good at looking town, we are set up for a mislynch. I'd rather wait until after we get a report on the night actions to start to draw concrete points.
So you think I'm intentionally mislynching Mr. D, but would rather wait for night to do anything about it.

Care to explain why?
I don't think you're intentionally mislynching (for now), but I think that these are newtells more than scum tells. I mean, sure, he doesn't want to die, but that's a normal thing for someone who's only played a few games. I think he's been making the mistake of posting late at night as well, which could attribute to some of the mismatched stories, but not all of them. That's why he got the FoS, because it's sorta suspicious, but not enough to warrant a vote. This is mostly for fear of a mislynch, which, combined with a cult leader (we all saw the warnings of a cult in the flavor and that bit about the converting parties), could lead to  the loss of three members of town over the first cycle! I need to see a bit more cracking before I'm going to commit a vote.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2012, 03:17:30 pm »

zombie urist:
Irony Owl: Why are you tunneling Mr. D?
What makes you say I'm tunneling him?
You haven't really interacted with anyone else. 
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2012, 03:23:34 pm »

Sorry for not replying a lot yesterday, I'll start shooting out replies to IronyOwl's fifty questions later today when I don't have stuff to do.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2012, 08:42:18 pm »

Vote Count:

Bookthras:
Hapah:
Urist Imiknorris:
NativeForeigner:
Dariush:
blackmagechill: Urist Imiknorris
Scelly9: Mr. Dwarfinton
Mr. Dwarfinton: Scelly9, IronyOwl, Dariush
zombie urist:
IronyOwl: Bookthras

Not voting:  NativeForeigner, blackmagechill, Hapah, zombie urist

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 7/24 at 11 PM EST, ~25 hours from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2012, 10:02:07 pm »

BMC:
How many times have you been in a game that lynched a mafioso on D1? I feel like Irony is making a mountain out of a molehill and Mr.D is being strung along to look scummy and is cracking under heavy pressure. I think you were right in saying that experienced players both know what to look for and are better at looking town, combined with people who aren't good at looking town, we are set up for a mislynch. I'd rather wait until after we get a report on the night actions to start to draw concrete points.
So you think I'm intentionally mislynching Mr. D, but would rather wait for night to do anything about it.

Care to explain why?
I don't think you're intentionally mislynching (for now), but I think that these are newtells more than scum tells.
The "being strung along to look scummy" part sounds like you think somebody's intentionally trying to make him look scummier than he is. Was that your intention?

What did you mean by the waiting for a report on the night actions bit, above?

I mean, sure, he doesn't want to die, but that's a normal thing for someone who's only played a few games. I think he's been making the mistake of posting late at night as well, which could attribute to some of the mismatched stories, but not all of them. That's why he got the FoS, because it's sorta suspicious, but not enough to warrant a vote.
So it's not so much that you don't think he's scummy as that you don't think he's scummy enough to lynch? Is that the entirety of your... complaint here?

This is mostly for fear of a mislynch, which, combined with a cult leader (we all saw the warnings of a cult in the flavor and that bit about the converting parties), could lead to  the loss of three members of town over the first cycle! I need to see a bit more cracking before I'm going to commit a vote.
Oddly enough, that part went completely over my head. Are you a cultist, blackmagechill?

zombie urist:
I've been poking Scelly, and given the timeframe I don't think it's odd to have been focusing on only one person so far.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2012, 11:10:52 pm »

Irony:
Spoiler: cult mentions (click to show/hide)
And, in addition to that, it was mentioned that the town would win if all the mafioso and converting roles were eliminated. Or did you not receive that message? Maybe you got something different.

BMC:
The "being strung along to look scummy" part sounds like you think somebody's intentionally trying to make him look scummier than he is. Was that your intention?
You're scum hunting on what looks like scumtells, which could also be new tells. I think they're new tells, but the changing stories around does seem a bit suspicious, but not enough to warrant a vote. Nobody's stringing him along but himself.

What did you mean by the waiting for a report on the night actions bit, above?
Every morning we get to see any night action that results in a kill, in addition to what people have to say about other actions, such as thefts, protects or visits.

So it's not so much that you don't think he's scummy as that you don't think he's scummy enough to lynch? Is that the entirety of your... complaint here?

Yes. There might be something there, but not enough for a lynch. I'll get to that though. Or Mr.D will answer your questions, which is what I've been waiting to see. If he makes up a bad excuse about his ever changing opinions, I'll probably vote him. He's a potential vote.

Oddly enough, that part went completely over my head. Are you a cultist, blackmagechill?
Nope. There's enough possibility between the mention of the converting third party in the role PM that you should've gotten and the flavor (bolded the mention of cult for your convenience).

zombie urist:
I've been poking Scelly, and given the timeframe I don't think it's odd to have been focusing on only one person so far.
[/quote]

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2012, 12:11:13 am »

I don't have a lot of time to reply to IronyOwl's questions right now and the day ends tomorrow so can we extend it? Getting lynched on day 1 sucks, especially when you're town.

Irony, your first question is explained in one of my posts. If youre so intent on digging up evidence against me and asking me a bunch of questions then at least acknowledge things I have already answered before asking twenty more questions.

I voted Scelly because he voted me and he was giving me a bad vibe.

I'll answer all the other questions when I have time tomorrow.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2012, 03:24:59 am »

Extend.

PFP, but we really need an extension.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2012, 03:30:25 am »

How many times have you been in a game that lynched a mafioso on D1?
Damn, I've seen this fallacy over nine thousand times and it never stops being amusing. Anyone lynched on D1 automatically becomes town, my ass.

...Did you just admit to an OMGUS?

And yes, extension would be nice.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2012, 06:37:13 am »

Yeah, Extend.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:05 am »

Scelly:
Scelly:
For warrior, my suspicions would be slightly higher. Pally and Ranger the same. I wouldn't base a case on it though, since I'm sure several people are going to choose random.
What if it was confirmed that they had not chosen random, and that their current class was a deliberate selection?
My suspicions would be higher for a Ranger or Warrior, even more so for a Pally.

If you could eliminate a third party at the expense of your life, under what conditions would you do it and why?
I'm not sure if I would. If they where a third party that was damaging to town, then I probably would. But if they where just a third party that didn't hurt town, I wouldn't.

Niiiiiicccceeee.

Extend.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2012, 09:07:42 am »

Vote Count:

Bookthras:
Hapah:
Urist Imiknorris:
NativeForeigner:
Dariush:
blackmagechill: Urist Imiknorris
Scelly9: Mr. Dwarfinton
Mr. Dwarfinton: Scelly9, IronyOwl, Dariush
zombie urist:
IronyOwl: Bookthras

Not voting:  NativeForeigner, blackmagechill, Hapah, zombie urist

Day has been extendedDay 1 will last until Wednesday, 7/25 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2012, 10:35:21 am »

I don't have a lot of time to reply to IronyOwl's questions right now and the day ends tomorrow so can we extend it? Getting lynched on day 1 sucks, especially when you're town.

Irony, your first question is explained in one of my posts. If youre so intent on digging up evidence against me and asking me a bunch of questions then at least acknowledge things I have already answered before asking twenty more questions.

I'll answer all the other questions when I have time tomorrow.
A bad vibe or he already had two votes so he'd be a lynch canidate? I was wondering why he had three, and between your failure and disdain to deliver on questions, you're looking pretty scummy, Mr.D. Until you answer  (and possibly after) Irony, I'm keeping the vote on. You better be able to explain all of this, bud.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2012, 01:31:09 pm »

UI: Why haven't you done anything other than ask and answer RVS questions?

Yay, the game took off while I was away!
I'll try to catch up and make a post tonight.
Where is this post?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2012, 01:31:40 pm »

Apologies for lack of posting, I was unexpectedly away yesterday. I'm glad to see the extension passed, and hope to catch up later tonight.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18