Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]  (Read 62740 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]
« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2012, 07:50:14 am »

"I am a servant of the secret fire,
Brought to this place to secure my name.
Scelly, no, Tiruin shall I be called,
And I will come to claim my fame!

In the first day I did no act,
Through the second, I cast my staff.
At Zathras, no Book, I know his name.
Yet through poison went his archaic frame.

Though victory we met, all here
Seeing that no mafia near,
Nor even one such cult, oh dear!
I sing one more our names.

I should have been a bard, I know
But magic was my song, not slow,
Victory, I say again
A roguelike game, we win!"

@    @   @
@  @    @
@@    U

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - Indecision [Night 2]
« Reply #241 on: August 06, 2012, 07:57:41 am »

Zombie Urist walked in, dragging the corpse of Dariush. In his hands was the Crown.
“I told you guys it was him.  Look!”

I fucking told you it was him!! You bunch of useless nolynching motherfuckers.

Also, who the fuck poisoned me, and why the fuck did you do that?

everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.
Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison that night.

This fucking sucks! I was the fucking archaeologist, with a fedora, a whip, and a wookie sidekick, and what did I get from it? A fucking scroll of enchant weapon, an infected snake bite on my bum, and some sort of poison that killed me (which may or may not be from that fucking snake). This fucking sucks! Fuck archaeology, I'm changing careers. I'll become a smuggler. I think my wookie can get me a ship. Fuck you all, I'm outta here.

Dariush has been killed!  He was a Warrior (Serial Killer)!
How many times do I have to tell you "I told you so", you nolyching lazy lurking useless motherfuckers?

Boothras has died of poison!  He was an Archaeologist (Town)!
Game over!  Town has won!
Yay?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - Indecision [Night 2]
« Reply #242 on: August 06, 2012, 08:00:59 am »

Zombie Urist walked in, dragging the corpse of Dariush. In his hands was the Crown.
“I told you guys it was him.  Look!”

I fucking told you it was him!! You bunch of useless nolynching motherfuckers.

Also, who the fuck poisoned me, and why the fuck did you do that?
Dariush did it.  :P

Also...yeah, oops. I was offline when the tie happened.

Edit:

Huh, lookie there. UI was after my head.  :P Kaaaarma~
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:17:31 am by Tiruin »

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 06, 2012, 08:18:43 am »

...reading I find:

a) Jesus-Titty-Fucking-Christ!! NativeForeigner got Fucking GRAYSWANDIR! And then didn't use it! I always wanted fucking Grayswandir! That's why I went to fucking archaeology school in the first place! What did I get at the time? A scroll of enchant fucking weapon. This fucking sucks.

b) All chats suck. You all suck.

c) Town win on D3 dawn? That was pretty fucking impressive. I would jump up and down in cheer were it not for the fact that I'm fucking dead of poison because you losers failed to lynch the fucker I told you to lynch D2.

... swearing aside, that was pretty good! Much faster and more efficient than I imagined. I'm really surprised there was no cult. Kudos to the town for lynching true and killing true D1, N1, and N2! That was pretty impressive. Fun game! Great aim, and good job!

Now Toaster: run another one! and please be less creative with the alignments... What's wrong with just some town and some scum?

ETA: sigged!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:49:06 am by Bookthras »
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2012, 08:20:38 am »

Now Toaster: run another one! and be less creative with the alignments... What's wrong with just some town and some scum?

Yes please, DM Toaster!

I was useless!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2012, 08:30:27 am »

Ass.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2012, 08:44:45 am »

Just because the flavor has the world cult in it doesn't mean that there is one.

...reading I find:

a) Oh Titty Fucking Christ! NativeForeigner got Fucking GRAYSWANDIR! And then didn't use it! I always wanted fucking Grayswandir! That why I went to fucking archaeology school in the first place! What did I get at the time? A scroll of enchant fucking weapon. This fucking sucks.

b) All chats suck. You all suck.

c) Town win on D3 dawn? That was pretty fucking impressive. I would jump up and down in cheer were it not for the fact that I'm fucking dead of poison because you losers failed to lynch the fucker I told you to lynch D2.

... swearing aside, that was pretty good! Much faster and more efficient than I imagined. I'm really surprised there was no cult. Kudos to the town for lynching true and killing true D1, N1, and N2! That was pretty impressive. Fun game! Great aim, and good job!

Now Toaster: run another one! and be less creative with the alignments... What's wrong with just some town and some scum?

ETA: sigged!

A)  Also, the Deck of Many Things was seeded into the pool at game start.  There were several pool dives- I'm disappointed no one got that.

C)  Zombie Urist actually looted Mr. D's Wand of Death instead of a Scroll of Death.  He then proceeded to blast non-town twice, so he deserves a medal or something.

We'll see about another game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2012, 08:48:19 am »

You know...I've a feeling ZU has an internal scum-dar. His intuition in mostly every game he played is spot-on!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2012, 08:48:51 am »

Sorry Book! I had a pleasant surprise in RL and was away from the thread for the last two hours.

At least I made you block one of the SK's N1, yeah?

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2012, 08:50:03 am »

Sorry Book! I had a pleasant surprise in RL and was away from the thread for the last two hours.

That reminds me- yes, that scroll you pool-dove for was the one that you discarded the previous night.  You almost saved Book though!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 06, 2012, 08:58:15 am »

Just because the flavor has the world cult in it doesn't mean that there is one.
Yeah, I am fine with the notion of the flavour being deceptive and all, but after an SK, a lyncher, and a claim of a mafiakill, I really was expecting a cult.

Not that I'm upset there wasn't one, I'm just saying it was devious and unpredictable... which I guess it was what you were going for. It worked.

C)  Zombie Urist actually looted Mr. D's Wand of Death instead of a Scroll of Death.  He then proceeded to blast non-town twice, so he deserves a medal or something.

Actually, that was quite impressive. I support and applaud the idea of giving Zombie Urist a fucking medal for pretty much winning the game single-handedly. Good work!

That's pretty much the best possible use I can think of for a townie picking up a wand of death. Impressive.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 06, 2012, 09:03:33 am »

That reminds me- yes, that scroll you pool-dove for was the one that you discarded the previous night.  You almost saved Book though!
Yeah, good job you too Hapah, you made me block Dariush N1, and almost saved me from the poison N2... Good show there too.

...I feel increasingly useless here. Other than yelling at people and as magnet for scum kills, I am failing to see my purpose here. Oh wait! I have a scroll of enchant fucking weapon! That'll save the day!

Grrmph.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2012, 09:05:08 am »

Yeah, I am fine with the notion of the flavour being deceptive and all, but after an SK, a lyncher, and a claim of a mafiakill, I really was expecting a cult.

Not that I'm upset there wasn't one, I'm just saying it was devious and unpredictable... which I guess it was what you were going for. It worked.

Roguelike, as a gametype, really lends itself well to oddball alignment combinations- it's a chance to branch out and try new things.

Most of you Archs got screwed... until D2 when Native rolled a 99 that would have been a rare otherwise.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2012, 09:14:45 am »

Roguelike, as a gametype, really lends itself well to oddball alignment combinations- it's a chance to branch out and try new things.
Yeah, you're right. I take back my previous. I like the notion of a game type where wacky alignment combinations are possible and even encouraged.

It just felt a bit... odd this time. Partly I think because it was over too fast. Damn it, I didn't even have a chance to open the Roguelike Gin that I was saving for that D5/D6 showdown like last time. Zombie Urist was just too good. He killed all the scum before we had a chance to settle down to business.

Most of you Archs got screwed... until D2 when Native rolled a 99 that would have been a rare otherwise.
Damn Native. That was MY fucking Grayswandir. I have been lusting after it for (literally) decades! He got it, and he had the gall to ignore it! Let him have the scroll of fucking enchant weapon next time, I say!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 06, 2012, 09:41:41 am »

Zombie Urist was just too good. He killed all the scum before we had a chance to settle down to business.

I WAS NOT SCUM
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18