Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Helvus: Sorta a sequel but not quite.  (Read 18450 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Re: Helvus: Sorta a sequel but not quite.
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2012, 05:37:38 am »

Turn 7.1: Special Events

First Contact:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You get ready to greet the visitors. Combat robots behind you just in case.

The vehicle swings around alongside you. It's roof mounted turret remains focused on you as it does so. The vehicle looks very old, it is covered in cracks and scratches and the paint is peeling off. The technology is also very old, probably dating back to the bombardment you suppose. You've never seen propulsion fins on a hover vehicle for real before and you have no idea what type of weapon the turret is.

A roar comes from your personal communicator's audio-visual feed from the fight, oh shit.

The rear hatch opens to reveal... oh god it's, it's~

An ordinary human female.

She speaks, her voice sounds uncertain.
???: "Hail!"

Fight to the west:

The robots make a fighting retreat. None of the animals still in the water are hit, but the one approaching from the land takes a hit to the head.

This is going well.

Large animal: "[Deep roar]"

Oh shit, the big guy sounds pissed at something.

Spoiler: Author Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:41:38 am by Evil Lincoln »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2012, 09:30:17 am »

maybe we could say something like "hail, Welcome. my name is Jaskirat" *take a glance at our visual communicator*

"oh dear it seems like two of my robots have aggravated some of the local wildlife, would you be willing to assist miss..?"

the Robots need to pull back in a different direction. further invading the big things personal space sounds like a horrible idea

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2012, 06:21:07 pm »

maybe we could say something like "hail, Welcome. my name is Jaskirat" *take a glance at our visual communicator*

"oh dear it seems like two of my robots have aggravated some of the local wildlife, would you be willing to assist miss..?"

the Robots need to pull back in a different direction. further invading the big things personal space sounds like a horrible idea

+! to feigning right to be here and asking for help non chalanty
voice of evil reason

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2012, 02:47:14 am »

Turn 7.2: Special Events

First Contact:

Alright, maybe if you act nonchalant about being here enough they won't question how a building falls form the sky and then suddenly there is high tech manufacturing equipment everywhere. Maybe you can get them to help you rescue your robots even...

Jaskirat: "Hail, welcome, my name is Jaskirat"
Kathryn: "Kathryn is my name."

You glance at your communicator as you hear another roar.

Kathryn: "We have come to inquire as to-"
Jaskirat: "Sorry to interrupt but i don't have much time, it seems like two of my robots have aggravated some of the local wildlife, would you be willing to assist me In rescuing them miss Kathryn?"
Kathryn: "Oh. Um. Alright we'll help out if we get the go ahead from the team leader, I'll go ask now."
Jaskirat: "Thank you."

You think your tactic is working, Kathryn seems a bit confused and un-nerved.

Kathryn hurries into the vehicle and you can hear some chatter from inside, some of it sounds angry.

Kieren: "Okay, so that woman just tried to ask you a question, and you cut her off and them to rescue the robots from possibly deadly wildlife?"
Jaskirat: "Yes, if I act casual enough then maybe I won't seem so suspicious."
Marty: "You sound like a typical villain to me."
Jaskirat: "Really?"
Marty: "Yeah."
Jaskirat: "Alright I'll try and tone it down."

Kathryn calls out to you from the vehicle.

Kathryn: "Alright we can go save your robots but you have to leave your weapon here."
Jaskirat: "Sounds fair enough."

You drop your weapon and get in.

There are three people in here excluding you. Kathryn, the pilot and a man pointing a pistol at you. It appears to be the same kind of weapon as the one on the roof only miniaturized.

Pilot: "So where are we going?"
Jaskirat: "My team is just to the west of here."
Pilot: "Alright this shouldn't take to long."

Man with gun [muttering]:"This still feels like a bad idea to me."
Kathryn: "Shh, stop that Jonie."
Jodie: "You didn't even tell him to drop that thing on his belt! It could be a weapon!"
Kathryn: "Shut up and radio back to base, do your job for a change!"
Jodie: "You can't boss be around just because they put me in charge o-"
Kathryn: "Just do it!"

You keep quiet about the fact that the thing on your belt is in fact a weapon.

Jodie goes and talks to what you assume is their base through the console. Everyone is silent so you can't help but listen in on him.
Jodie: "This is Jodie. We are approaching coordinates 10041, 3023 to assist one of the stranger's teams. He is carrying what could be a weapon."
Radio Voice: "Keep an eye on him."
Jodie: "Will do."

Fight to the west:

The aquatic creatures have retreated back into the water and the robot's targeting algorithms appear to have decided that the large animal is the number one priority. Probably not a good idea.

The rear hatch opens and you tell the robots to get in.

In they get.
Jodie clearly doesn't like the fact there are two armed combat robots in the vehicle now.

You arrive back at the station unscathed.

Everyone gets out except for the pilot. Probably in case they need to make a quick get away.

Jaskirat: "Thank you for your timely assistance."
Kathryn: "Well I think you owe us some answers now."
Jodie: "For example where the f**k did you come from? We've got no record of any settlement here then suddenly debris falls from the sky and there is a man and all his shiny shiny equipment and robots with functioning laser weapons. Sounds like an Inpie plot to me!"
Kathryn: "Calm down Jodie! I think you should answer what I was going to originally ask: Where is the space debris that we observed crashing and can we scavenge it?"

Spoiler: Author Notes (click to show/hide)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2012, 04:15:19 am »

Clearly the "crashing debris" is the teleporter station, so we should try to tell them that it belongs to us in a way that won't alarm them too much (How recent is the teleporter technology by the way?). Do we know what we're doing here or what these 'inpies' ares?

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2012, 08:14:35 am »

How recent is the teleporter technology by the way?.
Do we know what we're doing here or what these 'inpies' ares?
I'd say that teleporter technology is fairly recent. It's just old enough to be fairly common. So they wouldn't know about it.

I never gave you a specific purpose to keep this fairly open ended. I don't recall anyone suggesting one either so anything goes I suppose.

You have no idea what an Inpie is. Maybe a pastry, but that seems silly in context.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2012, 09:49:11 pm »

Clearly the "crashing debris" is the teleporter station, so we should try to tell them that it belongs to us in a way that won't alarm them too much

I tried to do an update with just this but I couldn't think of anything Jaskirat could say. If I get at least two replies containing suggestions I'll do an update.

I think this will be my last day updating this before I put it on Hiatus and update The Mage-omatic Arts: The magical tale of Alara Zephyr just because replies are so slow.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2012, 12:58:38 pm »

I know this is a bump, but I just wanted to say that I thouroghly enjoy all your forum games. I also wanted to get this on my new replies list if it's ever updated.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]