Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So the dwarven caravan won't leave...  (Read 1362 times)

GhostSade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So the dwarven caravan won't leave...
« on: July 14, 2012, 08:23:34 pm »

It's been a year and a half since the dwarven caravan first came in the fall after I embarked...and one wagon, along with two merchants and some draft animals, are stuck on my trade depot. I've tried rebuilding the depot to no avail. They won't leave, and I can't receive immigrants because they aren't relaying the fortress wealth back to the civ...help? I searched around the forums minimally with some keywords but I couldn't find anything. Elves have come and gone and were able to trade with no problem. I'm pretty sure I remember the message saying they were leaving and I don't think this is the whole caravan...I think some of them did leave at the time. I only have 16 dwarves and I planned for many more, I need some migrants.
I like to approach things with a certain "mix" of insane vs. not insane...I DO have cruelty potential.  Like wanting to feed a bunch of unarmed elven women to a tentacle demon. 

Vinedragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So the dwarven caravan won't leave...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 09:23:21 pm »

Do they have wagons? Is your entrance covered in traps?

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:25:53 pm »

How much did you trade them? I remember once I traded them about 10000 in small stone crafts, and then donated another 7000 worth, and it took them a very long time to pack up and go
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »

Is your  (D)epot accessible?
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

GhostSade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 09:55:50 pm »

They have a wagon, a couple of guys and some livestock but the other half of the caravan already left I think...I have some cage traps but the depot is accessible...I did trade them a lot, but there's nothing left on the ground there.
I like to approach things with a certain "mix" of insane vs. not insane...I DO have cruelty potential.  Like wanting to feed a bunch of unarmed elven women to a tentacle demon. 

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 10:10:00 pm »

One word.

Lava.

Vinedragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 10:12:51 pm »

They have a wagon, a couple of guys and some livestock but the other half of the caravan already left I think...I have some cage traps but the depot is accessible...I did trade them a lot, but there's nothing left on the ground there.

More than likely they don't want to go over the traps. I've noticed that they simply won't go over traps in a wagon, so you may need to either deconstruct the traps or build a temporary exit for 'em. I may be wrong, but i've seen this pop up recently.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »

I've had that happen too.
Traps were the culprit.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 10:18:39 pm »

Likewise I placed traps as they were leaving. They will start there forever til they have a clear path to leave, but they won't take up booze, won't go mad, and will fight of.anything that approaches.