Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 96620 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #300 on: October 04, 2012, 06:19:32 pm »

@pisskop

That's where most of his votes come from. People who think that a black president is automatically good. I was listening to this radio show, and they went to Harlem and asked people who they were voting for and why. Most people were voting for Obama because he's black. They don't know what he's done, what he hasn't done, and they can't even name the vice president!
 Also interesting: after the debate, a (supposedly pro-Obama) comedian tweeted: "My god, they're right! The man can't do anything without a teleprompter!"
(No racism intended. I attend school in KCK, so I'm white, my girlfriend's Latino, and some of my best buds are black.)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 04, 2012, 09:06:35 pm »

Oi. Stay on topic. :|

Urist McCompanion: "Great team effort there, McAdventurer! I know I was the last one to punch the dragon before he went down for good, but your axe work went a long way toward taking him down. What say we share the kill credit?"
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2012, 11:54:25 pm »

Urist McCompanion: "Great team effort there, McAdventurer! I know I was the last one to punch the dragon before he went down for good, but your axe work went a long way toward taking him down. What say we share the kill credit?"
In Bay12, every thread has a bright red derail buttom LEVER.
That's where most of his votes come from. People who think that a black president is automatically good. I was listening to this radio show, and they went to Harlem and asked people who they were voting for and why. Most people were voting for Obama because he's black. They don't know what he's done, what he hasn't done, and they can't even name the vice president!
 Also interesting: after the debate, a (supposedly pro-Obama) comedian tweeted: "My god, they're right! The man can't do anything without a teleprompter!"
(No racism intended. I attend school in KCK, so I'm white, my girlfriend's Latino, and some of my best buds are black.)
Seriously? The Best friend excuse? Thats just terrible. I'm not even calling you rascist, I never thought you were, but then, all of a sudden:
some of my best buds are black.)
I almost AUTOMATICALLY assume someone is rascist/sexist/bigoted by that statement. I should know, some of my best friends are bigots.

Paradox time, off-topic AND on, simultaneausly:

Bay12er: NEVER!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 05, 2012, 01:20:45 am »

I almost AUTOMATICALLY assume someone is rascist/sexist/bigoted by that statement. I should know, some of my best friends are bigots.

If it makes you feel any better, my best friend isn't black. 

Obligatory On-Topic:
Urist McEmbarkQuartermaster: Take as many plump helmets as you want, after all, we have so many that they rot on the farm half the time.  But make sure you pay for all of your barrels.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 05, 2012, 08:58:25 am »

UristMcWorker: I should leave that monster alone and not provoke it into attacking me.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2012, 09:03:51 am »

If it makes you feel any better, my best friend isn't black. 

Obligatory On-Topic:
Urist McEmbarkQuartermaster: Take as many plump helmets as you want, after all, we have so many that they rot on the farm half the time.  But make sure you pay for all of your barrels.
Sorry, didn't realize that would sound racist.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 05, 2012, 10:53:09 am »

IvoryMc Elephant: I should leave those little hairy guys alone. It's not like they can actually hurt me, right?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 05, 2012, 11:47:16 am »

Hopefully not self fulfilling:
Goomba Mcplayer: the arrows/bolts are so realistic.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 05, 2012, 01:01:58 pm »

Urist McBusy: "Hey mayor, I've got a wife and 4 kids.  How about giving us a bedroom with more than 1 bed, 1 coffer, and 1 empty square?  It's pretty cramped in there..."

Urist McRecruit: "Okay, run this past me one more time."
Urist McDrillSergant: "Stand here, and we will drop 100's of seeds and socks on you."
McRecruit: "Which will ...?"
McDrillSergant: "Make you super tough (like me) and give you some AMAZING training on how to use that armor."
McRecruit: "Is that so?  Take off that helmet, I'd like to check for head wounds."

Urist McMilitiaCaptain: "I'm off duty, guess I can put all my equipment on the Armor Stand in my office."

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 06, 2012, 02:32:24 am »

Urist McMilitiaCaptain: "I'm off duty, guess I can put all my equipment on the Armor Stand in my office."
"And I'd better not forget to hang my ☼adamantium battle axe☼ on its custom-made ☼crystal glass weapon rack☼."
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2012, 02:43:10 am »

Demon cancel attack dwarves: on trade agreement for fresh elves.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2012, 02:46:35 am »

The Forgotten Beast Blargo Eldritchbeast has come! A tall humanoid, indistinct and terrible. Beware it's horrifying visage!
Urist McDumbass cancels fight: gone mad from the revalation.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 06, 2012, 03:04:13 am »

Elf: "Hmm. They aren't felling trees to mock us. They need them. Maybe we should teach them how to conjure wood"

untransformed Peasant werecreature cancel live in recluse: do not want to be found out
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 06, 2012, 11:38:25 am »

Urist McMerchant: I'll make sure those 500 gold and 1500 silver coins go to your bank account back at the mountainhomes, in case you run into problems next year. Now, how much for that Ξchalk figurine of a dwarfΞ?
Urist McBroker: 120 copper coins, or 1 silver and 20 copper.

Selecting where to fire a catapult and the impact area:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If that's not real, then that should immediately go over to the Suggestion board. Because that's seriously awesome.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 06, 2012, 02:07:51 pm »

Selecting where to fire a catapult and the impact area:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy shit that looks real. When I saw this I thought it was a actual feature I had never seen. HOW U DO THIS MAGIC MAN?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34