Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 95132 times)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2012, 02:29:19 pm »

Urist McGobletlover, King: Ok, I guess we have enough goblets, I'll stop mandating that our craftsdwarves make more.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2012, 02:39:09 pm »

Bembul Velurdim, Stonecrafter cancels Make stone Scepter: Baron has mandated Rings.                      x5
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 02:43:43 pm by doublestrafe »

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2012, 06:08:37 pm »

Urist McWalkingtoDiningHall: "Alright, whose brilliant idea was it to stick a huge, useless waterfall right next to the entrance of the dining hall? And what's with the stupid little sign telling me to 'enjoy the mist'? I already live in a dark, damp hole in the ground; why in bloody hell would I be happy to be sprayed with freezing cold water every time I want to enjoy my damn stew?"
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2012, 07:45:18 pm »

Urist McWalkingtoDiningHall: "Alright, whose brilliant idea was it to stick a huge, useless waterfall right next to the entrance of the dining hall? And what's with the stupid little sign telling me to 'enjoy the mist'? I already live in a dark, damp hole in the ground; why in bloody hell would I be happy to be sprayed with freezing cold water every time I want to enjoy my damn stew?"

Maybe its magma mist? Whatever, deserters need to have their skin melted anyway.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2012, 10:10:51 am »

Maybe its magma mist? Whatever, deserters need to have their skin melted anyway.

MMMmmmmmm... Introducing Urist Mcdonalds grease patties!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2012, 07:46:58 pm »

Urist McPetowner- Doctor! My yak got mauled by something! Can you help him?
Urist McDoctor- I don't usually work on animals, but I should be able to figure something out. -gets tools-

Urist McRandom- Hey, my wound got infected. Oh well, no big deal, I'll be fine.
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2012, 07:48:45 pm »

Newish Member: Y'know what? Necroing is bad. I shouldn't do it.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2012, 07:58:48 pm »

Established member: Miss a chance to jump on a "newbie" for "necroing" a relevant thread after less than two weeks.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2012, 09:08:10 pm »

newish member: I've got a great Idea, oh wait the search function worked and I can just necro that idea and put my spin instead of starting a new thread

Established member: it's ok the search function is hard to work with

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 10, 2012, 09:18:55 pm »

Urist McLostHisFamily: Well, most of the fort just got brutally massacred, so I'd better focus and try to make coffins.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2012, 01:37:56 am »

Newbish member: I don't have any questions about this game, the UI is exceptionally intuitive, and I know exactly what I'm doing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 11, 2012, 02:18:50 am »

I had this great suggestion to make, but then I did a quick forum search and found out it's already been suggested hundreds of times.

Your fortress lived happily ever after. A winner is you!
Press Enter to close window...

conversely,
Your settlement has crumbled to its end.
"I am disappoint!  :'( "
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 02:28:29 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 11, 2012, 04:21:18 am »

Urist McAnimalCaretaker "Whosa good war dog? Why, yes you are! Oh wait, your paw is broken and you're bleeding from the stomach? I'll get right to it and patch you up. Can't afford to lose assets, now can we?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 11, 2012, 04:33:45 am »

A recent ex-member: "Hmmm, this thread has a serious question. I won't say MAAAAAAAAAGMMMMMMAA!!!!"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 11, 2012, 07:16:11 am »

Urist McRandom- Hey, my wound got infected. Oh well, no big deal, I'll be fine.
But infected wounds are horrifying in real life too!

Urist McSensitiveAndKind: "Well, we already have enough beds, and we have enough sand and metal to make everything else. Let's just agree with the elves for once, and maybe they will favor us in trade."
My wooden badge was delicious.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34