Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 95078 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2012, 07:42:13 pm »

Urist McMiner: Well, I've finished my assignment of work. Huh, Urist McOtherMiner is far away, and the stone hes designated to dig is blocking everything else. I'll do it for him.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2012, 02:53:07 pm »

"The Giant Sponge has been struck down.
The Fisherdwarf stands up."

Eldestish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2012, 05:58:33 pm »

Planty Mcplump helmet man: I'm a plant *Melts in magma*

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2012, 07:07:34 pm »

Urist McNoble; "Lets get to work!"

Urist McHauler; "Done"

Urist McMiner; "Run from the Magma!!!1"

Urist McLegendaryBadass; "Im alive
Urist McUslessRecruit; "Im dead"

Urist McFisher; "That was a nice, uninterrupted day of fishing!"

Urist McSockcollecter; Better move this sock out of the doorway and put it back were it belongs"

Urist McEveryone; "Aw man, my pet died! Il have to get a new one!"

Urist McMilitary; "Better put on my armour and get my weapon!"

Urist McArcher; "Out of ammo! Better get some more!"

Urist McBrewer; *makes booze*

Urist McAssistant; "Sir, sir! We have an emergancy! Urisy McLegendaryBadass, the only reliable defence for this fort, is fataly wounded! We have to get to him quick!
Urist McDoctor; "Someones life is at stake? Get my tools!"

Mr and Mrs Urist; "Son, can you go get us some steak and a pint of milk?"
Urist McChild; "Yes mom....."

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:16:07 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2012, 10:37:14 pm »

Xnob Stusongast, Goblin Spearman: "So, guys, I stood up on that hill over there and looked down into the dwarves's fort, and it seems that the only thing between us and them is a thin little "wall" made of nothing but sand. Hey, look, I can poke my spear right through it. Let's get digging."

Mestthos Ovoddastot, Dwarven Child: "Man, I just can't wait until my beard starts growing in!"

Lokum Hildesh, Dwarven Merchant: "Wait--hold on a second. There's no WAY I'm going to trade away our entire caravan of raw materials for nothing but a waterskin and a piccolo, no matter HOW nice they are."

Atru Flanrang, Goblin Engineer: "I see that the dwarves have underestimated us once again. How can they be so stupid? I mean, they know we forge our own metal weapons and armor. Do they really think we're incapable of carrying ladders, or bridging a 'moat' that's only 5 feet wide?"

Raccoon: "Well, I'm pretty sure they have gems or string or something in there, but I can't seem to get past this door. I don't think banging my head against it for 2 months is going to solve anything, I'll just give up and go away."

Rovod Fathlitast, bookkeeper: "Wait--you actually think that I know exactly how much we have of every type of good in the fortress, and that I even know the locations of things that are constantly moving, such as fish and logs currently being hauled inside? Whatever the hell gave you THAT idea? I mean, if I had that kind of mystical omniscience, what the hell am I doing working for someone like YOU?"
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Ria Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2012, 01:02:06 am »

Urist McMechanic: Well, that automatic door's installed. ... Maybe I should move that dead butterfly. Nah, it's just a butterfly, the door will squish it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2012, 02:18:57 am »

"My family is dead, I must go mourn them. Go on homicidal rampage, what? What is wrong with you? Why would I beat people up?"
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kumquat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2012, 06:10:11 am »

Urist McAnimalCaretaker: Aww poor wardog, did the mean goblin you killed smash your leg? Here, let me wash it and put a splint on it and this piece of cloth around it.

Urist McHunter: Meh, there is hardly a meal's worth of meat in a chinchilla. I'll go find something worth my time rather than waste bolts on that.

Urist McHunter2: What, the overseer wants me to catch that jaguar alive for the animal trainers? Okay, no problem.

Giant Kea: damn, this minecart made of lead and filled with galena is too heavy to fly with!

The flying (copper bolt) hits the wagon! It is not very effective...

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2012, 06:21:05 am »

The heroine of our fort is mildly injured and bedridden, her new born child is wandering the halls starving, let us have the father care for it, or else just have kndly strangers ensure that it doesnt simply die.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2012, 06:32:54 am »

i've been practising my stonecrafting skills for 5 years now. i think i'd class myself as proficient. my father died at 80, an acomplished engraver, having worked at his trade his entire life. elves, being immortal, spend thousands of years perfecting their skills to legendary, but every once in a generation, this fort sees a dwarf so gifted at his trade that he rivals even the elves

so, you want me to pull this lever that is connected to that training spear trap in the barracks? sure. haha! right in the balls, that will teach urist to pay more atention. again? ok... three times? man, that's sadistic... what? you want me to do continuously for 3 months? fuck this shit, i'm outa here. sadistic sick fuck...

the goblins are sieging, the fortress is counting on my axe! i'll just leave urist mcjunior with his daddy, i'd give my life for my child's safety. besides, it'd be fucking retarded to take a baby to a battle

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2012, 06:56:11 am »

(around 60 Urists in my fort): "Grandpa just died of old age. He had 160 great years and he die peacefully in his sleep. It's sad, but at least he was not killed by goblins, so we're not gonna be too upset about this."

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2012, 12:41:51 pm »

Toady One "The Great" cancels work on Dwarf Fortress: Going on vacation.

Urist McChild has grown to become a teenager!
--Some time later--
Urist McChild has been arrested for vandalism.
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2012, 01:59:12 pm »

Urist McHunter, "Maybe if I leave the Alligator alone it won't num on my face..."

Urist Mchunter cancels haul corpse: in evil biome.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2012, 08:28:39 pm »

Uris McIdle:

"OK, let's see here. 
Option A: I can take 30 seconds to pull the lever that will save the fortress -- and myself -- from the marauding goblin horde, and THEN finish placing this sock into the stockpile.
Option B: I can go finish placing the sock on the stockpile and then pull the lever if I'm still alive.

I'll take option A!"
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2012, 11:12:53 pm »

Goblin O'Footsoldier: "Da boss gots killed by lotsa blades inna trap!  Let's run now and not stand and watch'm rot!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34