Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 95148 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 03:36:42 am »

Melbil, Peasant: Cog is bleeding out! Urist, Oddom, Lorbam, hold the goblins back while I pull him out of the fight!

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2012, 04:41:28 am »

Urist McTrader: Oh, the caravan is at the depot.  Maybe I should go meet with them instead of going to eat, drink, sleep, take a break, then going to a party. 

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 05:48:17 am »

Urist McMarksdwarf: "Dammit, my crossbow can't penetrate this goblin's helmet! I better get some bolts before he wakes up."
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2012, 05:58:25 am »

Just a point, it's nether-cap that's supernaturally cold, not tower-cap.

Awesome list though.

EDIT: Oh, a bunch of people already said that...well anyway, contributions:

Urist McMiner: "Okay, breached into a lake above me. Run AWAY from the water flow, NOT up the stairs."

Urist McSpeardwarf: "Alright, dwarfs! Spread out and flank that giant cave spider! Wouldn't want to all get webbed at once, now would we?"

Goblin Hammergoblin: "Oh look, an obviously open entry into the fortress with a ballista pointing down it. We probably shouldn't go this way."

Forgotten Beast made from water: "Maybe I shouldn't attack the fortress made of rock salt."

Urist McPeasant: "Those crops are about to wither! I should go pick them right away instead of hauling this stone up from the depths of the earth."

Urist McStonecrafter: "Oh good, there's stone right next to me. I'll use that for my crafting."

Urist McGemsetter: "I should pick jewels that complement each other well and place them in an aesthetically pleasing manner on this object."

Urist McMoody: "Nah, menacing spikes are boring."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 06:06:52 am by LordRandomness »

k9wazere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2012, 06:10:05 am »

Urist McParent says, "Hey son, why don't you put on my old x_Cloth Pants_x. We won't be able to get new clothing until next season. They're in the cabinet next to my bed."

Urist McSon says, "Thanks Dad. I'd rather wear these than run around naked."

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2012, 07:11:55 am »

Urist McParent says, "Hey son, why don't you put on my old x_Cloth Pants_x. We won't be able to get new clothing until next season. They're in the cabinet next to my bed."

Alternatively:

Urist McSon says, "No thanks Dad. I love running around naked."
Urist McSon has been estatic lately. He got to feel the breeze between his knees recently.

k9wazere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2012, 07:14:28 am »

Alternatively:

Urist McSon says, "No thanks Dad. I love running around naked."
Urist McSon has been estatic lately. He got to feel the breeze between his knees recently.

;D

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2012, 07:21:35 am »

Urist McMarksdwarf: "Dammit, my crossbow can't penetrate this goblin's helmet! I better get some bolts before he wakes up."

Urist McMarksdwarf: "You know, the goblin is "sleeping". I could just take his helmet off his head and THEN bash his brain to paste."

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2012, 07:43:53 am »

Urist McMechanic:  "So let me get this straight, you want me to hook up a lever at the magma sea to a bridge 20 urist in the air with nothing more then 2 mechanisms?  Sorry overseer that just isn't possible, I would need something to link them together with."

Urist McDabblingEngraver:  "I should let the more experienced engravers carve pictures in the kings bedroom, meanwhile I'll be practicing my skill in the old mining tunnels."

Urist McEngraver:  "You want me to smooth and engrave that constructed wall?  No problem, I'll get right on it."

Urist McHunter:  "The animal I'm hunting is now unconscious, I'll now go cave it's head in with my crossbow instead of wasting all my ammo on it."
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2012, 08:01:35 am »

Urist McMayor cancels Haul Heavy Barrel to Rope Reed and Back to the Stockpile near the Thresher's: Conducting meeting with liaison.
Lolor McHauler: "That weapon in the drainage that the overseer isn't aware of is lost. There is no point of adding to the corpses that have already collected there.
Lolor McHauler cancels Suicide: Not insane enough.

Chimpanzee, to Weavers: "Had a good laugh! Keep the thread going!"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:03:18 am by Chimpanzee »
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Cthulhu Inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2012, 08:20:31 am »

The Dragon has escaped the iron cage by melting it!
The Roc has smashed through the wooden cage with its claws!
Urist McAnimaltrainer has been struck down.
Urist McHauler has bled to death. ×3

The dwarves have learned how to make weapons out of platinum.

Urist McMoody has made Nimenonol, a marble anvil!

Urist McFlier: I could just fly down this wall rather than waiting for my friends to build a ramp, it's not like I need a path over ground. (mlp mod)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2012, 09:00:10 am »

Adventure mode special!

Astes Puddlewrinkled, human thresher: "Oh boy! An adventure! Finally, time to see the world, make a name for myself! This is gonna be so much more exciting than chasing around after camels."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 09:29:52 am »

The Dragon has escaped the iron cage by melting it!
The Roc has smashed through the wooden cage with its claws!
Urist McAnimaltrainer has been struck down.
Urist McHauler has bled to death. ×3

The dwarves have learned how to make weapons out of platinum.

Urist McMoody has made Nimenonol, a marble anvil!

Urist McFlier: I could just fly down this wall rather than waiting for my friends to build a ramp, it's not like I need a path over ground. (mlp mod)
I don't think platinum is a very practical metal for weapons anyway.  ::)

And pathfinding for playable fliers is apparently a bit off, I heard this somewhere but can't remember.

Urist McCats cancels Be adopted by cat: Already owns an acceptable amount of cats.
My wooden badge was delicious.

nopil3os

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2012, 09:33:34 am »

Urist McSmartHauler: Hmmm. maybe if i roll the barrel it's going to be done easier and faster.
I'd be shocked if dwarves didn't eat the demons they killed. After all, if they're willing to eat a poison spewing monstrosity, why not a flying dinosaur thing that hates all life?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2012, 09:38:13 am »

Urist McMilitia: "Hammering on this giant sponge will not do anything to it, so i will leave it alone"

Urist Mceveryoneelse: "This giant sponge cant reach me, its immobile, so i dont care about it."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34