Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 95302 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #270 on: September 26, 2012, 10:37:32 pm »

Urist McDwarf: "I'll better not eat these plumphelmets, so the brewer can use them."
z go to kitchens scroll to plumphelmets c forbid cooking them.

That does not fix them being eaten. Only stops them from being cooked.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 26, 2012, 10:39:24 pm »

Urist McDwarf: "I'll better not eat these plumphelmets, so the brewer can use them."

ah.  I'm generally so foodspammed that I didn't notice.  Or maybe they eat the prepared food first.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2012, 02:29:42 am »

ah.  I'm generally so foodspammed that I didn't notice.  Or maybe they eat the prepared food first.
I keep a prepared-food-only stockpile near my dining room and all my unprepared food near my workshop and/or farming levels. I think they just seek out the closest food when they decide to eat, so seeing a most of them are usually ideling in my dining room or are otherwise nearby due to my compact designs, the prepared food is usually closer. I'm not sure if they actually do any weighting as to preference (has anyone ever actually tested this?).

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2012, 09:00:26 am »

Dwarf: Hm thats my dead child in my room better go burry him right away!!!

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2012, 09:08:29 pm »

Urist McAnybody- Be sane.
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2012, 10:02:04 pm »

I think you won.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:00 pm »

Ral Urvashsibrek, Foreman: "What are you doing, you idiot?! Don't you realize that the floor you're ripping up is the only thing supporting the tile that Kogan is standing on? You TRYING to kill somebody? . . . Hey, YOU!! Yeah, YOU down there! Either READ the signs or get the FLUX out!!"
Asen Eturcatten, Mason: "Oooh, sorry." (puts hard hat back on)

Thothtil Esminmas, Human Pikeman: "I have sustained injuries in slaying the goblin invaders that were threatening your home."
Ingish Nishvush, chief medical dwarf: "And don't think we're not grateful. We'll sew and bandage you up right away, and looks like we'll throw in a crutch as well. Free room and board while you're in our hospital."

Are Tarathefena, Elven Bowman: "I have sustained injuries in slaying the goblin invaders that were threatening your home."
Thana Calelawa, Elven Merchant: "It was worth it, though. I mean, we'd hate to lose your business--you guys are, like, our only source of cloth."
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:39 pm »

I think you won.

Have a medal:  ___
                    /     \
                   |      |
                    \___/

/   \
                    |    |
                    |    |
                    |    |
                    -----

You've earned it.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2012, 10:30:22 pm »

Are Tarathefena, Elven Bowman: "I have sustained injuries in slaying the goblin invaders that were threatening your home."
Thana Calelawa, Elven Merchant: "It was worth it, though. I mean, we'd hate to lose your business--you guys are, like, our only source of cloth Dirty Socks!!"

FTFY

Cabbagetroll

• Bay Watcher
  • likes weiner dogs for their endless pluck
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 02, 2012, 09:10:51 am »

Urist: "I should take this stuff to the trade depot; we're somehow low on booze and the booze from that caravan will get us through 'til the next crop of helmets sprouts up."

What actually happens
Urist and everyone else: "It's nap/food/break time. I'm not doing ANYTHING."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2012, 09:14:22 am »

Urist McstartingSeven:  We should sleep, eat, and work in shifts, so not all seven of us go get chow at the same time.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2012, 10:39:21 am »

Urist McFarmer: "Guys, why don't we reschedule this party so that we don't all starve to death?"

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 03, 2012, 11:58:03 am »

Urist McFratBoy: PARTY DOWN AT THE PRISONN WHOOOOOOOOOOO
Urist McEveryoneElse: Wow, no, that's a terrible venue.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

jpvlsmv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39:50 pm »

Urist McBrewer: There's plenty of room in that Dwarven Wine[1] barrel, I'll just go ahead and squeeze this fungus into that one.*

Urist the Thirsty: Sure, I'll pour my drink into a mug so that somebody else can use the last non-empty barrel.

Urist the Thirsty: I'll go ahead and finish this nearly-empty barrel rather than walking halfway across the map to get some fresh liquor.

Urist NotMyWarren: Hmm, now where should I put this barrel I just drank from.  Well, if I drop it right now, it'll land in an appropriate stockpile, right where I got it from.  I'll do that instead of shouting to the Overseer that I don't know where to put it.

Urist McVamp: I think I'll drink this Pig's blood that we bought from the caravan rather than sucking our legendary Armorsmith dry.

--Joe
* Hmm, if "Mix food" is turned on, this could result in Dwarven Sangria or Dwarven Boilermaker or a Dwarven Black & Tan.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 03, 2012, 03:39:32 pm »

McVampire: Greetings Mayor, I've recently arrived at the fort, I'm a 700 year old vampire that is a legendary metalworker and mason, If you have a room and workplace that is up to standards as my skills and can provide me with an ample amount of blood in barrels I'd be willing to stay in this fort.
Urist McMayor: Vampire?! Get out of here you vile creature of the night!
McVampire: Shame really, I will leave without causing any issues. May your prosperity grow without my support.
McVampire has left the fortress.

Announcement: The sieging elves have brought a druid.
Announcement: A tree has spontaneously grown underneath a construction destroying it and surrounding constructions.
Announcement: Horror! Barbed vines are rapidly growing from the ground.
Announcement: The druid is healing fallen elves.
Blackscreen Text: Your settlement has crumbled to its end.

Urist McUnhappy: I've had enough of this, I'm leaving.
Announcement: Some dwarfs have migrated away from the fort.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34