Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 95219 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2012, 07:32:31 am »

Urist McDungeonMaster:  Let's capture and retrain these mounts.  Hell, let's breed some gobs and use them as underground defense!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2012, 10:57:43 am »

"Urist McBridgebuilder Ignores Fish: Not in any danger."

"My baby has been injured! I'll have to get it medical help immediately rather than ignore it until it's old enough to walk."

"Oh we're digging under the river? I guess there's no need to report to the Overseer every three seconds that the dirt is damp."

"Oh no, my masterwork barrel was destroyed! I guess that's okay, as I improve as a carpenter I'll make hundreds of masterpieces and that barrel was only used for storing putrefied animal fat."

"The hunter is having a hard time carrying that entire elephant, I better give him a hand."

"I'll move this butterfly so I can close the door."

"There's a bunch of meat in the butcher shop, I should probably focus on getting it to the stockpile before it rots."

"Battle? I better grab my weapon."

"Battle? This is probably a bad time to see if there's any other armor I'd like to wear."

"Battle? I'll just set this stuff I was carrying down."

Urist McSoldier Cancels Sleep: Battle.

"There are childsnatchers everywhere. I should play somewhere within earshot of an adult."

"It doesn't make sense to replace crossbow bolts as I fire them."

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2012, 11:13:40 am »

Dostngosp Terrorpants, Goblin Spearman: "Look, they haven't opened the gates all year. Screw you guys, I'm going home."
[edit]Actually happened in Trialfires.[/edit]

Båx, Giant toad cancels Take bath: protecting the spearmaster from drowning

Ûsbu, Giant bat cancels Hover in place: there's supposed to be a battle going on here.

Urist McLoiterer cancels On Break: Nearest dwarf to an important lever to pull.

Litast McCivilian cancels Path through caverns: There be Forgotten Beasts and unknown monsters here. Also, people seem to die in there a lot.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:22:41 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2012, 03:51:13 pm »

Goblin McJarhead cancels Assault front Gate: Seven hundred cubic metres of Goblin/Troll debris spotted, not fucking stupid.

The Goblins have gained some insight in train: Abducted Dwarven children.
Urist McAbductedasbaby has become a miner.
UMC equips copper pick.
UMC uses copper pick on undefended rear wall made of sand. Its super effective.
You have discovered a vast underground dwarven fortress.
Raw Dwarven Flesh! Praise the abducted miners!
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2012, 07:06:49 pm »

Urist McRandom- Hey, my wound got infected. Oh well, no big deal, I'll be fine.
But infected wounds are horrifying in real life too!

Urist McSensitiveAndKind: "Well, we already have enough beds, and we have enough sand and metal to make everything else. Let's just agree with the elves for once, and maybe they will favor us in trade."
I generally play that way.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2012, 12:25:32 am »

Unil Ezaroddom, Furnace Operator: "Hey, did the caravan bring any more flux stone? We've got all this goblinite to smelt into steel."
Bekar Nishlitast, broker: "Um, they've got some dolomite, but it's already been formed into blocks."
Unil Ezaroddom, Furnace Operator: "Oh, that's fine, it all grinds down to powder just the same."

"She is short and skinny. Her very long hair is neatly combed. She is noticeably pregnant."

Urdim Kovashberul, Miner: "Now that the earthen ramps have been removed, those wild deer are trapped in that wooded valley. They are safe from attack and have plenty of grazing land, so now they will reproduce, and once there are enough of them, we can hunt them any time we want to."
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2012, 03:11:14 am »

Urist McIncumbent: Vote for me, because I personally forged our military's armor. All of it. Spears, helms, the whole nine yards. All my handiwork.
Urist McRival: Vote for me because I'm idle all the time and talked to you lazy bums.

Urist McVoter: McIncumbent still has my vote this year. I don't even know why McRival bothered running, he never contributes a thing...
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2012, 03:26:17 am »

Urist McSpeardorf stabs the Goblin bowman in the upper body with his *candy spear*, tearing apart the muscle and tearing the liver!
The *candy spear* has lodged firmly in the wound!
Urist McSpeardorf rips the *candy spear* loose from the Goblin bowman's upper body, spilling his stinking liver!

Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2012, 05:16:59 am »

Urist McIncumbent: Vote for me, because I personally forged our military's armor. All of it. Spears, helms, the whole nine yards. All my handiwork.
Urist McRival: Vote for me because I'm idle all the time and talked to you lazy bums.

Urist McVoter: McIncumbent still has my vote this year. I don't even know why McRival bothered running, he never contributes a thing...
Wow! another way that DF mimics reality -- uncanny!

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2012, 01:30:22 pm »

Urist McPlayer cancels Complain About Babysplosion on Forums: taking a few seconds to edit the child cap.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

decev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2012, 03:15:56 pm »

Urist McAnimalCare cancels No Job: Caring for wounded animal

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2012, 11:38:26 pm »

Urist McPlayer cancels Complain About Babysplosion on Forums: taking a few seconds to edit the child cap.

Urist McPlayer cancels Make Automatic Miscarriage Generator: taking a few seconds to edit the child cap.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2012, 03:26:41 am »

hm, why do we need to abandon this massively amazing and expensive city we have worked for so long to build? a great home built on the backs of many dwarven laborers? why not just... you know... start a new settlement without abandoning our fantastically adorned and well defended home?

urist mcminer; hm according to these survey marks, this stone is damp but it isn't anything that will actually seep into the tunnels, I guess Ill keep digging.

urist mcurist; woah! cog over there just turned into a werewolf, killed several people, then changed back. we need to get him into a cage quick!

urist mcguardcaptain; alright, well dont let it happen again, I wouldn't want to have to slap a fine on you or something. what? you didn't have anything to do with the production orders? oh, well im very sorry for the mix up ma'am, have a nice day.

urist mctrader; damned crows, I wish they would build a roof over this depot. still though, its no reason to up and leave. its not like they are threatening or anything.

goblin mcambusher; damn boss! you fell for that one! haha! let me just let you out of that cage. heh, those dwarves sure can be tricky sometimes eh?

urist mcplayer; maybe covering the entire map in burning molten rock isn't such a good idea.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2012, 03:37:54 am »

Urist McPlayer cancels Make Automatic Miscarriage Generator: taking a few seconds to edit the child cap.
Urist McPlayer cancels Edit Child Cap: Throwing Babies in Danger Room

now that's the dorfy thing to do.

"Getoff, you're heavy and I can't fly with your fatass on my back"
Cave Swallow mount to his Goblin.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2012, 05:05:32 am »

Urist McPlayer cancels Edit Child Cap: Throwing Babies in Danger Room

now that's the dorfy thing to do.

And completly practical. 

With training militiadorfs training in the dangerroom when uri Mcdumpsterbaby is thrown in they get hardened to atrocity and death.

If urist Mcbaby survives he gets TON of cool skills/scars.

you get rid of babez.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34