Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 95199 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2012, 06:32:15 am »

Urist Mcminer:  its a good thing I know aquafers don't stretch over whole regions indiscriminantly, and even uf onw where to happen to a thousand years of coping with them let's us dwarfs nerf or circumvent them easily.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2012, 07:06:37 am »

Urist McAxelord: "Well, I'm quite tired by now, but there is still a shitload of small green stinkers out there.  Although they are just standing around now, they may attack every second. So I guess taking a nap outside the walls, just where I'm standing at the moment, will not be the safest decision in my life."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:56:27 am by Iceflame »

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2012, 07:43:04 am »

Urist McAxelord: "Well, I'm quite tired by now, but there is still a shitload of small green stinkers out there.  Although they are just standing around now, they may attack every second. So I guess taking a nap Inside the walls, just where I'm standing at the moment will not be the safest decision in my life."

i think thats what you ment
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

oven_baked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2012, 09:15:15 am »

Goblin Child Snatcher "Hmm those 3 guards at gate seem rather well armed, and I can see a pair of gaurds at the inner entrance and the rows of traps behind them. Maybe I should come back another day..."

Elf McMerchant "Wow there's a lot of dead elves around this trading depo, and a massing force of heavily armed dwarfs... maybe we should pack up and leave..."
We just need to get Toady to embed a Lisp interpreter into DF.  Learning lambda calculus in order to play the game wouldn't make DF's learning curve much steeper.

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2012, 09:32:25 am »

Urist McAxelord: "Well, I'm quite tired by now, but there is still a shitload of small green stinkers out there.  Although they are just standing around now, they may attack every second. So I guess taking a nap Inside the walls, just where I'm standing at the moment will not be the safest decision in my life."

i think thats what you ment

Well, no. The idiot slept outside and was killed by the goblins a few moments later.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2012, 11:36:48 am »

Overseer McPlayer: "Gee, I have to get up in the morning.  I'd better go to sleep at a reasonable time."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 25, 2012, 12:32:39 pm »

Overseer McPlayer: "Gee, I have to get up in the morning.  I'd better go to sleep at a reasonable time."

Now come on, Rolan7, this thread is about things that don't happen, not unbelievably absurd figments of imagination.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:25 pm »

Expedition leader: "Hello, Liaison. I know that your time here is short, so let me conduct our meeting immediately. That way, you can finish your business here without having to make a summer home in the fortress"
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2012, 11:43:18 pm »

Expedition leader: "Hello, Liaison. I know that your time here is short, so let me conduct our meeting immediately. That way, you can finish your business here without having to make a summer home in the fortress"
Laison: Your time is also short, let's get down to business.  [i.e. no huffy, "you didn't say bye!" or "You didn't review your requests -waaaah!"]

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2012, 10:42:31 am »

Urist McUrist: Hey guys, it's already summer. I know it was a frozen spring when we arrived, but unless we like drinking alcohol flavoured pondwater, don't you think we should all haul our provisions inside, RIGHT NOW, and collect the logs from our woodcutter's efforts later? [for those times when the wagon parks itself over a bit of frozen water, and you're not sure if the water will melt at season change.]

Mayor: Welcome, all of you, to our fine new mountain home. Congratulations for actually deciding to move your selves out of the way of that incoming siege and into our nicely guarded gates. Since you're smart enough to decide to stop taking the air and scenery and run for your life when you need to, you won't have to earn the privilege of living here by serving out a term of service in the guard! (aka what I wish migrant waves would do when I'm besieged just after they arrive. Any survivors usually get drafted straightaway, since if they have no self-preservation instinct, it may as well benefit the fortress in its' expression)
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Darkgamma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2012, 12:09:20 pm »

Urist McMiner cancels Dig: not that f*cking stupid.
if it's a blob made of steel, don't fight it. it may not heal, but it probably doesn't need to.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2012, 12:36:27 pm »

Urist McBrewer cancels Brew: Needs empty food storage item
Urist McMugMaker cancels Craft Stone Mug /R: Making stone pots for Urist McBrewer
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2012, 12:50:58 pm »

Urist McCheesemaker cancels Migrate, no useful skills.

aoxoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2012, 01:08:30 pm »

Sorry if this has been said;

Urist McFloorDwarf cancels build Floor: Giant Sponge that cannot move and is under water is scaring them :(

Had this happen to me before. Sorry I think im meant to have stated;

Urist McBrave builds Floor over River. Not scared of immobile giant sponge under water!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2012, 02:12:15 pm »

Immobile giant sponge under water cancels assault Urist McEasytarget: fails to acknowledge or reach target due to a lack of complex anatomical structures necessary for movement or light-based sense organs.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34