Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 95150 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 07:51:04 pm »

GoombaGeek: "It's nether-cap that's below freezing, not tower-cap."
Everyone: " >:( "

That was a great read, though :D
My wooden badge was delicious.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 07:54:40 pm »

GoombaGeek: "It's nether-cap that's below freezing, not tower-cap."
Everyone: " >:( "
I already said that!
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

nopil3os

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 08:34:04 pm »

Urist McMason: "Okay lets build these few floor tiles in an order so that nothing will cave-in."

Urist McMechanic: "Folks! Gather around and help me clear this area from rubble so that i can build this bridge in a reasonable time, that would be terrific"

Urist McNoble: "So the copper buckets i keep ordering for 10 years now are getting melted down the moment they are finished. Maybe i should just stop bore the smiths."

Urist McClothier: "The order is to continuously make clothing but we are out of cloth. Lets take a short break while Urist McWeaver makes some more and then continue working."

Urist McPeasant: "Uh oh. Railtracks. Better watch out for minecarts."

Urist McFisherdorf: "Holy crap, an ambush! Don't freak out. Remember the drill: Just run directly towards the gate and you can make it safely back into the fortress. Not that hard, really..."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:50:28 pm by nopil3os »
I'd be shocked if dwarves didn't eat the demons they killed. After all, if they're willing to eat a poison spewing monstrosity, why not a flying dinosaur thing that hates all life?

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 08:45:48 pm »

"Maybe I'll build the wall so I am on the inside of it instead of trapping myself out here.."

"Goblin attack! Everybody organize and follow the battle plan!"

"Phew.. You know? I was mad there for a minute.. But I think I'll settle down, have a nice cuppa tea, and we can just talk this whole thing out.."

"No bones for my special project eh? Oh well, better luck next time I guess.."

"Hey friend! We already have a triangle carved in the wall right over there, we should probably carve something else.."

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 09:08:31 pm »

Urist Mc1stMiner: Hey, if we channel this out in a crazy way, we will fall to our deaths.
Urist Mc2ndMiner: Excellent point Urist! Let's channel it out in an orderly manner which does not leave a hole in the middle and leaves us a way out!

Urist McFisherdwarf: Okay. There's nothing to catch in this aquifer, or in the volcano... so I'm gonna fish out of the brook that's right over there!

Urist McCheeseMaker: Hey, the new fortress doesn't need me to immigrate, so I'll just stay back here at the mountainhome.

huskerman84

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 10:01:49 pm »

Uristmccraftsdwarf: Hey lets not run out into the middle of that goblin army to get that dead dwarf's stuff.
Uristmcminerdwar: Good idea running out there would be crazy!

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 10:27:26 pm »

The Dwarves have suspended construction of a wall-oh wait, nevermind it was just a dead butterfly in the way, the Dwarves have resumed construction. OH MY GOD STOP THE CONSTRUCTION WHAT THE F**K WHY IS THERE AN OBJECT IN THE WAY WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE OVERSEER HAS TO BOTHER HIMSELF TO MAKE US MOVE IT ONE TILE RATHER THAN DOING IT OURSELVES!
ftfy.
Whooosh. Point of this thread just passed by you.

Not really. It started to pass me, I caught it, injected some sarcasm and humor, before shooting it ahead of me.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 10:52:12 pm »

Cog Mezbuth, marksdwarf: Damn, out of bolts. Better run back to get some more before that gurgling thing without any skin reaches us!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:00:22 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 11:32:38 pm »

Cog Uklaamil, Animal Trainer: This thing in this here cage looks kinda vicious. I definitely shouldn't let it out.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2012, 11:41:06 pm »

Urist McMiner: Maybe I should go ahead and dig out the room I'm working on instead of darting around from room to room when there's unmined rocks right where I just was.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 11:41:49 pm »

Catten McMiner: Broken legs hurt, but dehydration kills.  It's only one z-level, I'm jumping.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Eldestish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 01:00:36 am »

Urist Mchauler:Since that miner just melted perhaps his clothes and pick are a lost cause...

Urist Mchauler:Maybe I should leave the bin in the storage room and bring the stone craft to the bin...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:05:37 am by Eldestish »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 01:07:06 am »

Urist McHauler: "Wow, this part of the fortress doesn't get used much. Hey, a puddle of blue goop on the floor! Maybe it's from that blob of blue vomit we had last month whose flesh caused horrible rotting when it contacted skin. I'm barefoot so I'll just avoid it."
My wooden badge was delicious.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 02:17:20 am »

Mezoth Urgleflonk, former mayor: Ah, it was a good run. Here are the keys to the mayoral office and dining room!

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 02:51:34 am »

Urist McMason: Let me get this straight Overseer, you want to designate a large construction all at once, in chunks larger than 11x11 nontheless, and have us intelligently complete it without further interference from you? I think we can do that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34