Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military Help  (Read 672 times)

Thorzog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military Help
« on: July 13, 2012, 05:55:21 pm »

I've researched DF military and I have a problem with the schedule. I've set-up a training room and a schedule so that one of three squads will be training for three months before the next squad trains. My problem is that all three squads train all the time. The only explanation that I can come up with is that in the alerts screen I set all three squads to active. I was wondering how exactly do I set this up so that these squads only train according to the schedule. Do I need to set the alerts differently or should I manually change what squads train when the time of year changes?

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military Help
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 06:24:52 pm »

Are they all training as a group (ie watching a demonstration, skirmishes) or are some of them completing individual training?

The TRAIN order means the scheduled squad will participate in Group training.

A military dwarf that has no current orders will likely go to the barracks and do some individual training.

This is what you are likely seeing.  One squad doing group training while dwarfs from other squads are doing individual training.

Thorzog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military Help
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:32:01 pm »

OK that makes the most sense. This was a previous fort abandoned because I messed up the baby/adult ratio but it wasn't all the dwarves training it was the current squad and some members of the other squads. Thanks for the info.