Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 7: Saving Lives of Rats and Renegades  (Read 20768 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 5: Crimes Against Nature
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2012, 12:50:29 pm »

Smash the bottle on her ugly face! She brings up nightmares from Murkals past...That dungeon...Those succubus's...Oh, gods, the agony...Get the hell away! Exert all available magical energies in an explosive wave of air to push her back, then run!

Ooh, I like fast turns like this. It's always fun, and we don't have to wait for stragglers!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2012, 01:19:58 pm »

Smash the bottle on her ugly face! She brings up nightmares from Murkals past...That dungeon...Those succubus's...Oh, gods, the agony...Get the hell away! Exert all available magical energies in an explosive wave of air to push her back, then run!
[Murkal, Lv1 Misc. Obj.: 1] vs. [Raven, Lv2 Flesh: 6; 5] You raise your bottle to break the little succubus bitch's nose with a well-aimed stri-..
Succubus: "Stop. Give me the bottle. Obey my every word."
The offer sounds sensible and you immediately hand over the bottle, but... [Roll to Retain Free Will: 6; 6; 4] Fuck that. You've been seduced before, you won't fall for it again!

[Murkal, Lv1 Air: 1] [Leaving: 4] A massive jet of air erupts from somewhere within your robes, and propels you back at the stairway. Something crunches when your ribs hit the steps, but that doesn't matter: what's important is, you've finally touched the stairs! A wild idea visits your head as it slams against the cold, hard stone: maybe leaving with your back in front of you will work better than trying to turn around?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2012, 01:48:08 pm »

It doesn't matter! Murkal has no thoughts other than terror at this moment. He's going to run, and get the HELL up those stairs. Demons won't take his soul! At least, not what's left of it...

This is fun! Heheh.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2012, 09:28:55 pm »

It doesn't matter! Murkal has no thoughts other than terror at this moment. He's going to run, and get the HELL up those stairs. Demons won't take his soul! At least, not what's left of it...
Murkal: "Leave me alone, you two fiends! No succubus gets my soul! No more!"
[Leaving: 6; 1] With a shriek, you crawl up the stairs. It seems to go quite well, but then you realize that the orange-ish stains have touched your body quite a lot of times in the process. THE PAIN, THE PAIN!

Succubus: "It's fascinating how fast you've circumvented my mind-blocks. Quite ingenious in its own way... too bad you won't be around to see me and my friends shape the world. Goodbye, Murkal."
[Raven, Lv3 Flesh: 6; 1] While you're lying on the stairs, incapacitated and slightly twitching, the black-haired succubus says something, casts some spell... and an array of long, slimy, thick tentacles with some things bulging on their ends sprouts from behind her back.
Succubus: "Oh. Well. That didn't go as planned... but I guess I'll have to make do."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:39:55 pm by HmH »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2012, 09:35:18 pm »

Suggestion, Carewyn - you're an air mage, right? Make her lungs explode.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2012, 09:48:46 pm »

Del wasn't shocked by the changes-she could only ever be perfect to him-a stunning beauty. Hopefully she would crush this impudent insect...and they could remake the world. Together. The vision of a new world, clean and bright-no more war, or crime-no more pain, or suffering. Nothing whatsoever. Only Love and Joy, in the service of the one who wielded the Rings.

It brought a few tears to his eyes-the beauty (and horror) of it intertwined.

"You should have taken her offer of your own free will. I was never given a choice in the matter." He said to the doomed man, regret heavy in his voice-but it cracked at the end, as if he had been trying to send a message to him. "She could have shown you the Raptures...but I suppose you are part of the problem we must cleanse." Del finished, his tone turning icy and cold.

Yet...there was a part of Del that was not here. It whispered.

Fight her. Fight, you worthless bastard. Give me this one chance-one singular moment, let her control slip. Let me out. Or we're both...dead. Or worse. Fight. FIGHT!

But most of him just stood back, as per orders-letting her deal with it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2012, 10:05:25 pm »

((That'll be playing with air pressure.

Science aside, shift the air pressure around your target to destabilize her, or incapacitate. Easier than forcing the target's air to explode the lungs.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2012, 07:28:59 am »

"Um Derm... Can i get some help just a little bit?.....Please."

Attempt to create an aura of fire around myself, to repell the rats and to burn those stupid enough to face it.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2012, 10:20:56 am »

((That'll be playing with air pressure.

Science aside, shift the air pressure around your target to destabilize her, or incapacitate. Easier than forcing the target's air to explode the lungs.))

Eh. Right now, Murkal is bat-shit insane, and terrified to boot. He can't do things like that. Nice idea, however...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2012, 11:45:22 am »

Derm blinks, then shrugs. "Nidlle(Cactus Cats new name)! Sic'm!"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2012, 11:45:42 am »

Wait, Murkal is insane? Dear me, I thought he was just having a bad flashback to some prank at the University. Could you elaborate on the nature of his insanity?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2012, 12:01:24 pm »

Wait, Murkal is insane? Dear me, I thought he was just having a bad flashback to some prank at the University. Could you elaborate on the nature of his insanity?

Well, I had a four or five paragraph report written up on him, since I wanted to try and get into the "Roleplay" thing, but I lost it somewhere...Need to learn to use notepad more often.

The gist of it, however, is that Murkal suffered some very serious tortures at the hands of demonic creatures and what-not in the past. Due to that, he has recurring nightmares, and a very deep-set fear of any potential "Demons"...Whether they be real, or...Not.

I guess he couldn't be classified as insane...More like having PTSD. As such, he likes his booze. As such, don't grow horns and red skin anywhere near him. AS SUCH, I'm really bad at this role-play thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:08:23 pm by Caerwyn »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2012, 03:05:59 pm »

Use flesh magic to make the cats needles retractable! Take it with us!
[Mehrik, Flesh Lv1: 6; 1] You make Nidlle's needles retractable. They immediately retract... and never come out.

Nidlle: Needled Skin lost.

Attempt to create an aura of fire around myself, to repell the rats and to burn those stupid enough to face it.
[Spellcrafting, Fire Lv2: 3] You think you can make a small, scary-looking, expanding halo of fire around your hand. You'd need something to provide you with the flames for the halo, though, and that's an entirely different question. [Fire: 4] Which you solve by setting the trash pile on fire with a well-placed spark.
[Bruce, Fire AoE Lv1: 5] The rats hanging on to your hand fail to escape before your spell gets them, and get cooked quite thoroughly.

"Nidlle(Cactus Cats new name)! Sic'm!"
[Nidlle's Best Judgement: 6; 6; 6; 6; 6; 4] Nidlle shows the amazing cunning of a predator and goes into the fight immediately aiming for the rats' weak points. You didn't even know rats had weak points!
[Nidlle, Lv1 Claw: 3][Critical Lv1: 1] vs. [Rat, Lv1 Bite: 5] He mauls at one of the rats cautiously, trying to turn it over onto its back. This strategy doesn't seem to work, and the rat gets a bite out of him.
[Regeneration Lv1: 5] Some whitish-red liquid starts leaking out of Nidlle's wound, but it not only closes soon after, but seems to regenerate as well.

Nidlle: still 40/40 HP despite having been bitten, Born to Kill perk added.

[Rat 4, Lv1 Bite: 4] The other rat, the one not being attacked by Nidlle, approaches [Derm/Bruce/Mehrik/Nidlle D4: 2] Bruce and plunges its teeth into his lower leg. This time, it doesn't try to drag Bruce into the rats' nest... probably because said nest is on fire.

[Bruce, Regeneration Lv1: 2] The wound seems pretty bad. He'll probably need some medical attention after this is all over.

Bruce: Lv1 Bite Wound added.

Spoiler: Giant Rats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:59:50 pm by HmH »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2012, 03:11:12 pm »

Did my cat seriously get five extra magnitude levels? AWESOME.

Did you just make him lose his cactusy powers? NOT AWESOME.

My cat now has regeneration? AWESOME.

"The hell was that for?! Put the needles back! The name loses the pun otherwise!"

Put the needles back.

Nidle: Fury swipes!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 03:26:44 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2012, 03:24:22 pm »

((I'll wait for Talarion's turn before I make mine. If you want to do another 'combat' turn, just have me fireball the water mage))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16