Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 7: Saving Lives of Rats and Renegades  (Read 20813 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 2: Naivete and Paranoia
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2012, 04:21:34 am »

[...]Terribly sorry about the holdup, guys. I[...]From now on, however, I will make as few promises as I can. :P
((If only I could be like this.  :-\))
((Just don't worry about it so much. :x))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2012, 04:39:52 am »

[...]Terribly sorry about the holdup, guys. I[...]From now on, however, I will make as few promises as I can. :P
((Er... I believe I am missing some important social cue here. What are you guys talking about?))

((If we cast a lv 0 spell at lv 1 or higher, is it still a free action?))
((The Level of a spell only determines its starting Level of Magnitude. If it was a free action at Lv0, it will be a free action at Lv1, too.
However, your Spark is a specifically non-combat-oriented spell, which means that it will only be able to inflict Level 1 Wounds if it is used in combat.))
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:44:49 am by HmH »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2012, 10:23:16 am »

Bruce went into the pub and looked around for a group of adventures, if he findes a group he will say "Hail adventurers, I am but a humble fire mage, looking for adventure, and knowledege."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2012, 05:30:15 pm »

~BUMP~
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2012, 05:40:39 pm »

((Er... I believe I am missing some important social cue here. What are you guys talking about?))
((Oh yeah, and for this I just assumed Tiruin was talking about the "Whoops, oh well, next time I won't promise anything" part, since he tends to be a bit self-conscious. :x))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 1: First Time For Everything
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2012, 05:42:53 pm »

~BUMP~

Don't be a pest, Orb. It'll be done when it's done!

That said, GM must be careful of making promises to overeager players. :P

:P
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2012, 05:46:17 pm »

Your Snarky bumps deserved special attention, Orb. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2012, 09:16:25 am »

"Is there anywhere for me to train? And, where am I?"
Barkeep: "You're in the City's slums, son. No instructors here, 'far as I recall. No guards, either. Want to practice fighting, go into the gang territory and fight. Can't guarantee you'll survive, though, they're mighty fierce around here."

A young man in a dirty robe and glasses comes in through the door, shaking with cold. He seems like he's about to introduce himself, but then looks at the room's unconscious residents and mutters a curse under his breath. He then approaches the counter and sits down next to you.
Bruce Grothinime: "Hail, fellow adventurer! I am Bruce Grothinime, a humble adept of Fire. What do you say to embarking on a quest together?"

Vira cleared her throat, thinking about his proposal. Where to start...

On the one hand, she really didn't want to be drawn and quartered in the public square. That meant turning him down, or at least remaining more distanced from the whole affair, was wise.

On the other hand, she also didn't want to be turned into a malformed brute to be puppeted around by people who were going to be drawn and quartered in the public square, so that made turning him down rather unwise. She wasn't nearly confident enough in her abilities to risk taking them both on at once, which meant...

Vira smiled politely.

"Could you tell me more about this organization? And this spell, surely there's some downsides or risks involved? Is that thing there your partner or your pet?

Might I ask your name? I'm Vira."
The muscled creature harrumps and strokes its beard when you call it a 'thing', and answers your questions in its partner's place:
Brute: "My name is Morul, young witch. I am the brains and the muscle behind all of our operations; Cohen, my apprentice, provides the face."
[Lore: 4] 'Morul'... it's a dwarven name. You've heard of dwarven wizards before, but you've never seen one yourself due to how reclusive they are. Dwarves were famous for their survivalist lifestyle, and their renegade mages have mastered the art of settling in places that would easily kill anyone else. From what you've gathered, the few dwarven renegades who have reached any success tend to live long enough to become very, very, dangerous.
Morul: "All you need to know about our organization is this: we seek to unite all mages branded as 'renegades' into one tight-knit group, which would then work towards lifting the numerous restrictions on Soul and Flesh Magic. The spell is a two-part enchantment, requiring both Soul and Flesh magic to work properly, and has no known risks aside from the ordinary miscasts."
Suddenly, Morul's hand jerks to the side, as if zapped by a small lightning. He rushes to the wall, takes a brown robe and throws it upon himself; while wearing it, he almost looks like a normal hunchback instead of a horrendous crime against nature.
Morul: "Cohen, someone's trying to burn down the mansion. I'll go give them a warm welcome; you stay here and keep an eye on our agents-in-training. We might have been discovered by someone big, so wrap it up with the witch and get ready for a fight."
With these words, Morul goes through the wall and disappears in the dark passage beyond.

[Cohen's Preparations: 6; 6; 6; 4] The goatee-wearing mage whom Morul called Cohen rubs his chin, then bars the room's door right behind you and casts some spell onto it. Grinning at his own ingenuity, he turns back to you and asks politely:
Cohen: "No more questions, I hope? Then let's cut to the chase: are you in or out?"

Spoiler: Lore: Dwarves (click to show/hide)

"I'm just an Earth Mage! I woke up down here, I got drunk last night!" protest my innocence.
Nathair Siliar: "I'm an Earth mage! I graduated yesterday, got drunk last night, and woke up down here! That's all I remem-mmph!"
[Bluff: 5] The adventurer seems inclined to believe your lie, seeing as you smell of both a distillery and a trash bin. He's almost about to let you go when a hand covers your mouth and the adventurer's companion - a mage - starts whispering to him.
[Listen: 1][Recognition: 4] You can't hear what they're whispering about, but you certainly recognize the mage's face: you saw him at the tavern last night, when you were still adequately sober. He, going by the name of Ardimis Maximus, was boasting about his pyromaniacal adventures in length and detail worthy of admiration.

This hangover is messing with my mind. Why would I know someone who is in the sewers?

Ardimis immediately puts his hand to the stranger's mouth before he can say more than a word.

He whispers:

"We're not going to hurt you, if you cooperate. Now, when I lift my hand you're going to repeat what you're going to say, nice and quiet"

He then turns to 'Burly' and whispers

"You said there was a mage. That looks like mage attire to me. How can we trust him?"

((If we cast a lv 0 spell at lv 1 or higher, is it still a free action?))
[Speed: 1] You fail utterly to silence the captive before he explained himself, but eventually you reach him and get him to shut up. [Recognition: 4] On a closer look, you are sure you know the guy. He's one of the recent Graduates; that is, he was an apprentice until yesterday. He couldn't have gotten involved with bad company unless his master allowed it.

Nevertheless, you have your suspicions. You address the Burly in a whisper:
Ardimis: "You said there was a mage. These robes look like mage attire to me. How can we trust him?"
Burly: "Just look at him! He's a hungover apprentice, not a criminal mastermind. We'll keep the boy at an arm's reach for now, but I seriously doubt he's one of the scum we're after."
Hmm. Well, he has a point: if the mage is one of the kidnappers, your group could always take him hostage and negotiate the girl's release. If he wasn't, there would be no reason not to take him along anyway.

[Lockpicking: 5] Something clicks in the door and Lanky says in a tired, detached voice:
Lanky: "All done."

Bruce went into the pub and looked around for a group of adventures, if he findes a group he will say "Hail adventurers, I am but a humble fire mage, looking for adventure, and knowledege."
You walk into the pub, ready to embark on your adventure! Except there are no adventurers there. You see three unconscious bodies under the table, a slightly bloodied man wearing an eyepatch sitting at the counter, and a sleepy barkeep drinking something from his mug.
That's... not as illustrious as you expected, but you decide to try your luck anyways. [Introduction: 6; 3] You take a seat at the counter and introduce yourself boldly:
Bruce Grothinime: "Hail, fellow adventurer! I am Bruce Grothinime, a humble adept of Fire. What do you say to embarking on a quest together?"
You're... not exactly sure what quest you're talking about. At least it sounded good.

NOTE 1: Geez, I need to write faster than that. And much less sloppily than that. And overall be less sick when I'm needed so sourly - which is, alas, not an option right now.
NOTE 2: I still keep to my opinion that bumping is beneficial for the GM as well as the players. Dwarmin's recent bump was the only reason I even let myself release this turn with such sloppy writing.
NOTE 3: This was written under the influence of flu. Or, well, some other contagious disease that makes you cough-y, sniff-y, ach-y and slightly delirious and cannot be cured through sheer will. The writing is terrible, I know. The notes are rambling, too. Can't fix it, though.
NOTE 4: I did not forget Derm's and Dwarmin's actions: this is an intermediary turn responding to the 'examine' queries and talking. I know, I'm a terrible person; however, writing even this much took a lot of time, and I can't bring myself to postpone responding to the bump any longer.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2012, 09:45:21 am »

Bruce took all of five seconds to take it all in before he realised that A. No quests were here. B. He was going to be stabbed in the face if he stayed here and C. He needed money, As much as he shudderd at the thought he knew what he had to do.

He Looked for the weakest drunkest person outside the bar and grabbed them in a headlock saying, "your money or your life, Or a well paying easy quest".

New action!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:28:59 am by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2012, 11:20:21 am »

NOTE 3: This was written under the influence of flu. Or, well, some other contagious disease that makes you cough-y, sniff-y, ach-y and slightly delirious and cannot be cured through sheer will. The writing is terrible, I know. The notes are rambling, too. Can't fix it, though.

That Zombie Virus is spreading quick, it seems. My prayers are with you for a quick recovery.

*loads shotgun rapidly*

NOTE 4: I did not forget Derm's and Dwarmin's actions: this is an intermediary turn responding to the 'examine' queries and talking. I know, I'm a terrible person; however, writing even this much took a lot of time, and I can't bring myself to postpone responding to the bump any longer.

I actually do pure RP turn in my games as well, so I know exactly what you mean here.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2012, 11:25:55 am »

That Zombie Virus is spreading quick, it seems. My prayers are with you for a quick recovery.

*loads shotgun rapidly*
Braaa-choo.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2012, 12:10:29 pm »

Did...I not get a turn? Huh. I can't find myself anywhere.

If you're sick though, take your time. Not worth it working when sick.

I myself am infected with the disease known as "Allergies"...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:13:09 pm by Caerwyn »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2012, 12:30:12 pm »

Did...I not get a turn? Huh. I can't find myself anywhere.
Dammit. I knew I forgot someone when I made a list of free-action queries.

Too sick to write dialogue and describe casual molestery of housemaids, so assume that:
1) There is a pawn shop in the slums; you've made an acquaintance there some time ago, and he'd be more than willing to buy some stolen goods from you. That's where you were headed originally.
2) [Circumstances: 5] While going to the aforementioned pawn shop, you see a closed-down tavern, with City Guard's round stone seals fixed into the doors and windows of its first story, making them impossible to open. [Perception: 4] The second story's windows are, however, unsealed, and you see at least one way to get in - by climbing a tree.
There's not a sound coming from inside, it's too dark and rainy for people to be casually walking on this street, and you know for a fact that the City Guard only leaves places sealed when they can't afford to leave anyone inside. You can get into the tavern and steal some nice booze from there; you're pretty sure there would be no witnesses or obstacles to that crime.
Of course, the fact that the City Guard has bothered to seal anything up means that there was a big crime, probably with forbidden magics involved, committed inside that place; you could stumble upon something unsightly if you went exploring. Nevertheless, the potential profits from looting an abandoned building, not to mention the fine booze you could find, are something to consider.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2012, 12:45:41 pm »

Definitely sneak inside the building! Who knows what goodies there could be? And, if I have such a friend...We could both profit heavily.

It's no problem, man. Take a nap, have a hot bath and drink plenty of water.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2012, 02:37:13 pm »

((The writing was great! This is an RtD, you don't need perfection, especially when you're sick))

Ardimis whispers:

"Oh, I recognize him now, he's one of my colleagues. He's harmless"

Ardimis turns to the Earth Mage

"Alright, things are about to get messy. You can either get out of here or help us, otherwise you're a liability. The exit to the sewers is the way we came in" he says, nodding his head toward the exit

He turns to Burly

"After you"

Ardimis takes a charcoal out of his bag, holding it in his right hand. He follows Burly's plan of action, keeping behind him
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:56:12 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16