Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 7: Saving Lives of Rats and Renegades  (Read 20785 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 1: First Time For Everything
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2012, 03:36:10 pm »

Bruce takes very little time to consider the ideas of what could have happend, and instead of going towards the death  killing fire mage, He runs in the other direction looking for a pub.
Also he checks everything he has, to be sure.
((also dwarmin , I'm so glad i'm not your charactor, that is my literal worst nightmare, the mind control not the hot witch.))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:29:03 pm by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2012, 03:47:46 pm »

((also dwarmin , I'm so glad i'm not your charactor, that is my literal worst nightmare, the mind control not the hot witch.))
((Witch with benefits.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2012, 03:49:01 pm »

Murkal will gently wake the lady up, to figure out what's going on. Oh, and PUT THE DAMN CANDLES BACK. If there's time, try to create a spell known as "Bzzzzt", which lightly stuns a target on cast. Not very powerful, but costs very little magic, and can be repeatedly cast, sometimes multiple times per turn, depending on the dice. It does a minimal amount of damage.

Oh, and, by the way; - This is turning out AMAZING.

Really wish I had that bottle of booze, though. I had some pretty rad plans for it.

Oh. And by stun, I don't mean "Skips a turn", more like touching an electrical wire, and having your hand go numb. But, the numb feeling hits you wherever you were bzzzzt'd. Still effective, though. It can disarm opponents well, or interrupt spellcasting. And yes, it IS air magic.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:06:34 pm by Caerwyn »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2012, 04:03:07 pm »

((@Caerwyn: The room is in total disarray and two golden candleholders are missing from the walls. The girl on the bed is mere seconds away from opening her eyes. Trying to tidy up will only get you caught.

Also, you had some rad plans for that bottle last night, too. That's why it's empty now. However, I'll make sure to give you a chance at trespassing into a liquor shop.))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:06:57 pm by HmH »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2012, 04:06:55 pm »

Alright, edited it a little bit. Should be better now.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2012, 04:08:34 pm »

((@GM: Why did you roll for his intentions by the way? From what I saw, that is what made him steal the candleholders.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2012, 04:10:10 pm »

Oh, yeah. I didn't know that searching meant "Loot whatever you find"...Heh. My bad.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2012, 04:11:15 pm »

((@GM: Why did you roll for his intentions by the way? From what I saw, that is what made him steal the candleholders.))
((His action was worded ambigiously and there was no reasonable in-universe explanation for it, so I let the dice decide. Why else would you search someone's room after waking up in bed with them?))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2012, 04:13:13 pm »

I was going to search for anything that might have been mine, a la sifting through the junk/etc. It's no matter though, I like the intentions roll. Makes it fun!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2012, 05:23:43 pm »

"I might have done that even if you were actually a tax guy."
With that stupid joke, leave the man behind, taking his gear and money. Stop the bleeding from his face first though. Use the money to check into an inn, get information from there and hope the hangover fades away.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:30:40 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2012, 06:26:56 pm »

((Witches RULE! Also, turn looks fine to me.))

Vira's dreams were pleasant. She'd won! Everyone liked her. Yaaaaaay...!

She should probably go do things, though.

Wake up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2012, 09:30:45 pm »

"Yah. The enemy mage. Do you have a hunch on what he specializes in?

Also, if it isn't for ransom, why did they take the girl?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2012, 01:23:13 am »

Investigate that rat-hole!

And I will withhold my action untill I get the results of my examination.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2012, 10:59:01 am »

Investigate that rat-hole!
[Looking: 6; 1] The hole is peculiar is that it is human-sized, but seems to be too roughly done to be a product of Earth Magic. It's pitch black and seems to be uniform, and you think you see something moving within.

[Listening: 6; 6; 6; 5, Divine Listening!] You try to calm down and find out what happens within the hole by ear, but you hear much more than that. You hear... EVERYTHING.
There are no animals within that hole; however, it seems to open into some large stone chamber with sandy floor, in which there are six people. Three of them are sitting, one laying on the floor, and two standing; the sitting ones seem to be chained to the walls, the laying one is unconscious and one of the standing people is dusting an anvil. The other one is standing against the wall and moaning silently; he's grasping at his head.

This is everything you can hear from the hole, but you're not done yet: there are three people approaching your position from around the turn. One is a big, heavily armored person; the other two are more lightweight and seem to be wearing robes or something similar.
The three people are about thirty steps away from the turn and approaching it slowly; they'll definitely notice you if you try to slip away before they get here, but you have just enough time to climb into the hole - if you want, that is. They sound more like adventurers or soldiers than gangsters: criminals are unlikely to walk in a strict formation like these guys do.

New Trait: Auditory Comprehension.

((Holy shit. Alright, that deserves a new rule.

Rule: Getting to Level 6 or higher on a roll will give you a perk. The lower the starting level of your roll, e.g. Level 1 for mundane actions, the more ridiculously overpowered that perk will be. Perks can have a few bad things attached to them if you roll badly while on Divine level.))

"Yah. The enemy mage. Do you have a hunch on what he specializes in?

Also, if it isn't for ransom, why did they take the girl?

Burly: "He's probably one of them renegades, kidnapping the girl for some sick experiment of his. He's gotta know either Soul or Flesh, since these are the only two ways to make a noble useful."
The Burly chuckles; however, some unpleasant thought seems to kill all laughter in his lungs.
Burly: "Aww, shucks, that was a bad joke. Aside from these two... I guess it's either Earth or Air. He wouldn't have gotten into our princess's room any other way; the ground-level patrols were too tight. Anyway, let's get moving. I'll cover the front; Archer, you go directly behind me and keep an eye on the water. Mage, keep close to us and make sure the rear is clear."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:24:41 am by HmH »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2012, 11:05:57 am »

(( More like SATANIC LISTENING D: Btw, Haidere Orb. I can hear you. ))

I will duck into the hole, just the entrance, trying to be quiet so that the people inside and outside don't hear me, then I will stay there and hide.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16