Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Hunters of Fortune/D20 RPG play-by-post OOC  (Read 14785 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Hunters of Fortune/D20 RPG play-by-post OOC
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 07:56:14 pm »

Let's see if I can do this.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 09:32:52 pm »

Interested.  I'm mulling over the possibility of playing an entrepreneurial character who would be bankrolling expeditions.  I'm wondering if what you said about magic leaves the door open to prestige classing into a magic user.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 10:00:05 pm »

@Maniac: That'd be an interesting position. If you want to be one of those instead of a standard player, I'll think about making allowances for it.

As for magic prestige classes, I'd allow it, but make you work for it. Modern people forgot the old ways of magic for a reason, as you will soon find out why.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 10:10:42 pm »

Would it be possible to take the magical heritage feat at the start of the game but not have it's effects show up until later?  They could serve as a plot hook when they start to manifest.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 10:22:43 pm »

I'll allow that. It'll make you a 'plot magnet' though, fair warning. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 10:27:11 pm »

Sweet.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 11:19:31 pm »

Richard Dockson Jr was in some ways born into the life of a adventurer. His grandfather, Richard Dockson Sr was a renowned globetrotting 'archeologist' and adventurer, and although his long times away from home caused strain on his relationship with his son, they will still close enough that when Richard Jr was born his father decided to name him after his globetrotting grandfather.

His Father was a generic business man, slightly to the disappointment to his grandfather although he hid it well. His mother he never knew as she left them shortly after he was born. From what he managed to get out of his father it seems they really only stayed together as long as they did because she became pregnant and after he was born there was no real reason for them to stay together.

When Richard Jr was the age of three though his Grandfather became gravely injured on one of his trips. After a lengthy stay in the hospital he came to live with his son and Grandson to recuperate. At the same time though Richard Jrs father became more and more busy in business and so spent less and less time with his father and son. And so Richard Dockson Sr in some ways took over the care of his grandson. And for the next few years they became companions and friends, with Richard Sr telling a great many stories to his grandson, bringing him up on tales of his adventures around the world. Richard Jr soon came to worship his grandfather as a hero and decided to try to follow in his footsteps.

When his father learned of this ambition though he was very displeased. And when Richard Jr was ten his grandfather left the house because of the tension between Richard Sr and his son about Richard Jr. Still, Richard Jr never gave up his ambition to become a adventure, and though the next decade of his life he kept up simi hidden correspondence with his grandfather though letters and later email.

At the age of eighteen Richard Jr Graduated high-school and became a adult. Telling his father that we was going to take a year off before college he left for the local airport. Where he meet his grandfather. After settling in at his grandfathers house in London he and his grandfather left on a adventure, following the lost artifact of Kino they traveled though Egypt, across the red sea, though Saudi Arabia and Oman into India. There they pillaged the lost tomb of a prince and finished Richard Jrs first true adventure.

That year set the tone for the next decade, although college interfered greatly at least once a year Richard would travel the world to meet his Grandfather at some dig site or another around the world. He put to the test the skills he learned at his grandfathers knee and became a adventurer in his own right. But when Richard turned twenty seven a tragedy struck. His Grandfather was greatly injured by a ancient trap in a lost tomb. Although the wounds were not so bad as to keep him from adventure for more then a few years, his grandfather, who had recently turned seventy, decided it was time to retire.

The reigns of the family business have been passed onto Richard Jr, and he plans on doing his grandfather proud. Now he seeks adventure and treasure throughout the world. Armed with his wits, reflexes, and skills passed to him by his grandfather he plans on becoming a legend among treasure hunters and to bring honor to his grandfathers name.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »

Alright, it's looking I'll go Seven-Six characters. :P

Skyrunners sheet is the last one I'm waiting on.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 10:29:35 pm »

Bump?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 10:31:33 pm »

Oh cool! Totally going to make a sheet for this! Just give me a sec and I'll post it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 10:52:30 pm »

Totally refurbishing my sheet in PM with Dwarmin  :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 10:57:38 pm »

Totally refurbishing my sheet in PM with Dwarmin  :P
I'll show you mine if you show me yours? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 11:25:45 pm »

Heh. Editing first post with current sheets.

You guys want me to open up the RP thread with a 'you are all on a plane' intro, so you can introduce your chars?

@Adwarf: Btw, no starting weapons and you took one feat too many. You only start with two free, one from your class, and one from your profession. :P

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 11:28:15 pm »

I think an intro thread would be a good idea.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8