Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about naked military dwarves.  (Read 480 times)

Zealord

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT:SUBURBS]
    • View Profile
Question about naked military dwarves.
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:56:02 am »

I assigned a military dwarf to wear a shortsword and a shield. They completely undressed themselves and were embarrassed and started a tantrum spiral.

How do I fix this? Can't I just let them wear their own plain old clothing?
This is great.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: Question about naked military dwarves.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:04:06 am »

Have you set their military uniform to replace clothing? This causes them to remove all normal clothes and wear armor instead, and if you haven't set any armor for them, they don't wear anything. In older versions, wearing armor counted as clothing for the purposes of negating nudity thoughts, but that's since been fixed.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:05:37 am »

When you go to the military screen, and youre looking at (e)quipment or u(n)iforms, there's an option that says (r)over clothing.  If it's highlighted, they'll put on armor over their regular clothes. If it's dim, they're gonna be naked except for armor.  If this is not the problem, then you may just need to start a clothing industry, you may be out of clothes.

Zealord

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT:SUBURBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:06:50 am »

I selected "No uniform" from the list, I think it's the "Over clothing" thingy. Thanks!
This is great.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 05:43:46 pm »

In older versions, wearing armor counted as clothing for the purposes of negating nudity thoughts, but that's since been fixed.
I thought it was the other way around? From the devlog page, 31st May:

made armor stop lack of clothing thoughts
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.