Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Some sort of dungeon game (Might coincidentally be Dungeons of Dredmor)  (Read 3617 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're yet another of those newbie adventurers, heading down to a dungeon to stop some great evil or something, and try and become famous.
So, let's start with the dungeon. What shall the difficulty be? Easy, medium, or hard?
And what skills shall our hero have? We get to pick 7 of 43 skills. Oh what a great variety. Luckily this will only have to be done once. Per life. So try not to die, OK?
(I'll mark skills with a bold font. My sentences are purely illustrative. You can pick any 7 skills even if they seem to conflict with eachother.)
We got masteries of: swords, axes, maces, staves, arrows, thrown weaponry, our limbs (Y'know. Unarmed combat and whatnot.), and shields. Or we could ditch the shield and pick dual wielding. Or we could learn how to employ rage or evasion. Or make sure we don't put our armor on backwards. Maybe you'd prefer to be a vampire or werewolf instead? Maybe you'd like to create golems, or not be as squeamish and learn fleshsmithing. Or perhaps we should learn the magic of math, mind control, or undead economics. There's other magic as well. That of vikings, astrologers, fire, and even blood. Or you could stick to the dry knowledge of magic. You could go all sneaky and study burglary or assassination. There's also a wide variety of crafting knowledge available. Smithing, engineering, or even creating wands or potions. You could also train your perception or ability to regain magic. Maybe you want to know about fungi or archeology instead? Some of the final options include becoming a hunter, necromancer, vegetarian, or pirate. We could study demons, geology, or warlockry. And finally, you could be a clockwork knight or a rogue scientist.
I'll wait until a few people have voted on skills and then venture onwards. I'll try updating as often as possible, but if there are multiple suggestions between updates I'll choose based on what is suggested the most, what seems the best course of action, and who suggested earlier. In that order. So then, let's start picking. A 15 floor dungeon and great evil awaits us.
Spoiler: Stat Descriptions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:48:45 am by ottottott »

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
Re: Some sort of dungeon game
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 06:22:22 am »

swords, thrown weaponry, dual wielding, evasion, knowledge of magic, assasination and perception

EDIT: Also, lets make it hard
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:37:23 am »

Glad there's a swift first reply. I think I'll wait until 5 replies or for another 135 minutes. Whichever comes first.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:17:00 am »

>We are a piratical, dual-stave-wielding rogue scientist with a diploma in fleshsmithing, a Certificate in Demonology and a casual interest in Archaeology.
We like it hard.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lopocozo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:21:29 am »

>We are a piratical, dual-stave-wielding rogue scientist with a diploma in fleshsmithing, a Certificate in Demonology and a casual interest in Archaeology.
We like it hard.

+1
Generation 12 The First time you see this copy it into your sig and add one. Social experiment.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:25:06 am »

Well, my patience is at an end, onwards to the dungeons. Hard difficulty it is. But the skills, there can only be 7.
You both picked dual wielding. I'll just roll a die for the other 6, picking 3 from either of yours' suggestions.
So... Archaeology, Evasion, Piracy, Thrown Weaponry, Fleshsmithing, aaand knowledge of magic, referred to Magic Knowledge from now on.
And, humm, I forgot to ask for a name for our hero. What shall it be?
Anyways...
You descend the stairs into the dungeon lying below. You first arrive to a room with a food vending machine to the west and drink vending machine to the east. In the room you also see some Sewer Brew, a Wooden Sword, and 10 Lockpicks. There's a door east, west, and south of you. But enough about the surroundings. You didn't come to this horrid place empty-handed. Well, technically you don't have anything in your hands at the moment, but still. You also discover that every item you own has a neat label on it, describing its stats. You quickly remember what you've been taught about stats and form a handy list with everything you need to know.
Spoiler: Stat Descriptions (click to show/hide)
Finished, and confident with this re-found knowledge, you look over your inventory.
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You also decide to remember what spells you know. Sadly, only 1 comes to mind.
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Finally, you look over yourself.
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Having overlooked everything, again, you decide to venture onwards, but remember that you forgot to check your own stats.
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Phew, that's everything. I'll be keeping everything up to date in the 1st post and occasionally post them in the updates I make.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 01:36:14 am »

=/ No one? Was the last post too much? I'll try and sum it up more understandably.
Stats - Don't worry about them. Higher is always better.
Inventory - We don't have that much in here, do we? Everything seems neatly explained to me.
Spells - 1 spell, cmon, bear with me.
Character - You're mostly not even wearing anything. HP and MP shouldn't be a difficult concept.
I can even suggest you pick the stuff in the room up and equip the wooden sword, as you have no weapon at the moment. So, don't let this die before it started. Glory awaits!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 01:53:15 am »

This is totally Dungeons of Dredmor :P

Don't try to fool me, I have a half-forgotten LP of it (which I really need to get back to one of these days).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 02:24:25 am »

Our name is Cyrus the Bludger.
>Let's grab the sword and ready it to throw at anthing that startles us, and then carry a few lockpicks in our teeth. Since we're, y'know, naked.
Oh, and, >Go East.
Booze is Life for Yoink

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 03:44:37 am »

Sirus, shhh! Don't let the others know. I'm taking the trouble of even renaming some stuff to cover it up.

Cyrus, as fine a name as any.
You grab the stuff from the ground and prepare to stuff the lockpicks between your teeth, until you realize you're carrying a backpack, and just throw them there. You hold onto the wooden sword with your right hand. the label on it reads: "Wooden Sword - 2 Dam - Sword". Its undeadliness alarms you slightly and you hope to find a better weapon soon. You proceed to the eastern door and open it. You are greeted by two small bird-like things. They seem to have spotted you and wish your demise. Further along the room you spot one of their eggs, but can't make out much else due to the darkness and the distance. You prepare to throw your sword at those bird-like monsters but reconsider as you remember the label telling you it's a sword. Perhaps one of the throwing weapons in your backpack would be more sufficient. But, honestly, they don't look all that tough.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 03:46:52 am »

I might not have noticed, but "Undead Economics" was a dead giveaway :P

I don't think it's a problem anyway, lots of forum games are based on existing properties.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 03:47:18 am »

...We have throwing weapons in our backpack? Oh right. I must've missed that spoiler.  :-[

>Apply palm to forhead in exasperation at the audience's stupidity
>Apply sword to bird-thing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 03:53:07 am »

>Apply sword to bird-thing.
And several times.
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You confidently approach the... fine, I'll quit the playing. Those things, they're diggles. No clue what it means, but that's what they are. So, you approach the diggles and proceed to beat one with your sword.
Sadly, you're outnumbered. After three strikes, one seems half-dead, but you only have 7 HP remaining.
This might be a good place to add, that food doesn't heal your HP instantly, but rather 1 per... turn. Yeah, this game has a grid and turns. And everyone can move 1 square per turn.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:59:47 am by ottottott »

lopocozo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eat an apple and back off.
Generation 12 The First time you see this copy it into your sig and add one. Social experiment.
Pages: [1] 2