Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87369 times)

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, a bloody hole in the ground (PLAYERS NEEDED)
« Reply #915 on: July 07, 2013, 02:22:31 am »

The secondary purpose of the forges has been discovered and put into use. All the crap armor and weapons that we werent using were moved about thirty feet, chucked in a minecart, and said minecart plumetted 300 feet down, slamming onto a rail, slowing down rapidly, jettisoning all it's stuff into a stockpile, and then proceeding to make it's way back up to the feeder stockpiles. Said stuff is then rapidly melted down into ore.

All in all, i shortened the process of melting stuff by a good 95%.

The shaft to the sand forges (the raw products) is under construction, and i expect the system to be at least minimally operational within a month.

A switching mechanism may need to be put into place at the top and bottom of the shaft, as otherwise carts would collect at the top (it takes a LOT of sandbags to fill a cart, and not very many blocks (Said cart is also returning the sandbags).

A Note for future overseers.

DO NOT LET THE DWARVES RIDE THE CART DOWN.

This is something that i feel needs to be explained over and over again. They can ride the cart up (it's a bumpy ride, but it's also fast), but falling 30 levels in a minecart has the EXACT same effect as falling 30 levels.

I havent done it, but i can GUARANTEE that some overseer will try to do it.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 08, 2013, 01:40:32 am »

A Note for future overseers.
DO NOT LET THE DWARVES RIDE THE CART DOWN.
I cant see why not. I mandate that every dwarf be allowed at least one ride a week!  :P
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 13, 2013, 03:20:10 pm »

hm. how are things BP? Id hate to skip such a productive turn...
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 14, 2013, 01:29:24 am »

midway though fall, ive just been absolutely slammed with work lately (the kind where you are lucky to get 4 hours of sleep on a good night if you do nothing else.

In any case, i can upload a copy of what ive been doing tomorrow evening, or keep going (next week should be substantially less busy).

Automation is continually improved, with moods around the fort taking drastic upswings.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 15, 2013, 01:08:52 pm »

ah, all good then. im gonna be a bit more lenient on the time limit as you are the last person on the list.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 15, 2013, 04:45:42 pm »

Could I maybe hop in?  I'm very newbish, but I'll try my best if you let me.  If you let me in, letting me get the save by Tuesday would be optimal, if not required. 

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 15, 2013, 08:15:17 pm »

ill try and finish the year tonight. Barring any unforseen incidents (like getting a siege, or my savefile corrupting (which i have made backups of), it should be possible to get done.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 16, 2013, 09:55:14 am »

Did you manage to get your turn done?

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 16, 2013, 12:55:02 pm »

alright, ill add you to the list then.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 16, 2013, 01:02:24 pm »

I tempted fate, save corrupted on me. I'll be uploading a version from the middle of summer.

the main elevator is complete, the sand access shaft is designated, and about half of the happiness  generators are complete (no power though, power generators need to be filled and primed.

Ill upload it in 6 or so hours (when I get hone from work)

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 16, 2013, 08:29:43 pm »

Save

Here you go, have fun with gateivory, the land without ore!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 16, 2013, 08:58:34 pm »

OK.  I just downloaded the save, and decided I was totally out of my league.  What am I supposed to be doing right now?

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 16, 2013, 09:28:25 pm »

ok, it's not.... THAT complicated of a fort. It took me 3 tries to figure out what's going on.

See that spiral shaft going down to the forges? kick carts into it at the bottom, they'll get to the top, dont worry about how, they just will.

The fort is good for food.

Those massive screw pumps in the dining hall? that's for happiness (as soon as the mechanics finish building the damn things).

We've got stockpiles of... everything out the wazoo.

Yeah, we've got a river below the first river (dont ask, we drained it (and dont you dare undamn that river, it kills framerate on powerful computers down to 5-10)).

There's zombies at the bottom stuck on a ledge scaring the crap out of people.

Have fun. The fort's in pretty good shape.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 16, 2013, 09:35:00 pm »

You coulda labeled some of the levers.  I'm  contemplating pulling them all to see what they do.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 16, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »

I made ONE lever, the one next to that 1x4 room. It activates the spikes.

I dont go ANYWHERE near those other levers.

It's like playing russian roulette with a battleship. Oh, and there's 1 player.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 65