Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87571 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore (PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #795 on: May 11, 2013, 07:37:20 pm »

Noo!  Not the trolls
First people get rid of my pet cave crawlers Crawly and Fluffy and now you even got rid of our furry little mascots. I liked those green blooded little trolls dang it. They were our pets. Wouldn't have hurt a fly and most likely better housetrained than the average dwarf.  :'(
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 11, 2013, 11:03:08 pm »

oh and BP dont worry about it taking too long due to FPS. as long as we get updates every couple days, your turn will go on until your year is up.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 12, 2013, 11:47:13 pm »

Hey, wanted to give you guys an update.

Mother's Day Shenanigans prevented me from actually putting a full update out, but the following has been completed:

• Complete Revamp of the Farms
  • Complete Revamp of the Kitchens
  • Complete Revamp of the Metal Industry
  • Complete Revamp of Stockpiles (yes, it is organized)
  • Complete Revamp of the Hospital (its not a deathtrap anymore)
  • Military has become Hardened Mentally (and mostly physically recovered)
  • MASSIVE numbers of engravings have been put in place
  • River has nearly been completely dammed off
  • Enoumous amount of cleaning has been done
Expect another update tomorrow (this time with details about the changes).

Oh, and i havent gotten rid of the cave crawlers, they are the only ones NOT dead that we captured.

Yeah... i do organizing for a living, and this is basically an easier version of what i do for work in RL
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:19:57 am by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #798 on: May 13, 2013, 11:52:49 am »

Hey, wanted to give you guys an update.

Mother's Day Shenanigans prevented me from actually putting a full update out, but the following has been completed:

• Complete Revamp of the Farms
  • Complete Revamp of the Kitchens
  • Complete Revamp of the Metal Industry
  • Complete Revamp of Stockpiles (yes, it is organized)
  • Complete Revamp of the Hospital (its not a deathtrap anymore)
  • Military has become Hardened Mentally (and mostly physically recovered)
  • MASSIVE numbers of engravings have been put in place
  • River has nearly been completely dammed off
  • Enoumous amount of cleaning has been done
Expect another update tomorrow (this time with details about the changes).

Oh, and i havent gotten rid of the cave crawlers, they are the only ones NOT dead that we captured.

Yeah... i do organizing for a living, and this is basically an easier version of what i do for work in RL

Most Excellent!™
That such a place could be re-organized is magnificent.

A next step will be to re-conquer the deeps where the zombies still wait.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 13, 2013, 01:09:07 pm »

I still have the following  do before I decide to take on the zombies.

Workshop reconfigure
Happiness generator
Bedroom fill
Beautification

I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 13, 2013, 03:50:10 pm »

Happiness generator

Its this part that will prolly be the downfall of the fort.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 13, 2013, 05:40:55 pm »

I'm thinking 4 4x4 mist generators, with auto fill and on/off switches.

additionally, a few cleansing troughs wouldn't be a bad idea.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 14, 2013, 01:58:32 am »

Overseer's Log:

24th Hematite:

Over the past few weeks, the various cave crawlers that we have reverted to semi wild and wild states, perhaps seeing the hardened eyes of the surrounding populace and trying to do whatever they can to fight this new change (We are still taking enjoyment from the creatures imprisonment however).

There have been several large changes in the fort in the past month as well.

We have successfully dammed off the river (at the north), thanks to a large number of screw pumps and VERY fast masons. End result, we are seeing a dropping water level, and the universe seems to be running faster as a result (15-20 fps, opposed to the original 10-15).

Changes to the kitchens have also been completed. While the workshops themselves have not changed (2 stills, kitchens, and farmers workshops in a central area), feeding stockpiles have been added.

The new kitchen work like this:
Meat Stockpile
Cheest and non underground plant stockpile
Fat stockpile
processed food stockpile (sugar, leaves, syrup)
Barrel and Pot Storage (for fast access)

To go along with the new stockpiles, the old food stockpiles in the kitchen have since been removed, with new Prepared Food and Drink stockpiles to the immediate north and south of the dining hall (with entrances from the dining hall), freshly smoothed and engraved.

The Hospital has also been renovated, with 12 2x2 furnished hospital rooms tied to a 5x7 storage area with a well attacked. These rooms have a table, bed, and traction bench, all within one tile of each other, allowing the medical staff to have quick and efficient access to the wounded.

The storage area is also fully stocked (at least 2x the needed level of everything we need, including thread, cloth, splints, crutches, powder for casts, buckets, and soap), and this has come in handy with the recovery of the soldiers from the recent invasion. As a result of the new hospital, we are down to two dwarves that are still injured, one hammerdwarf with a dented and fractured lower right arm, and a random metalsmith with a dented  and fractured right foot, a fractured left leg, and a left upper arm that is dented (i have no idea how he got those injuries, as he wasn't in the military, and there are not any combat logs regarding him).

The underground farms have also been renovated, with added areas for every type of underground crop (and we have stopped production of dimple cups, as they are garbage, and we aren't going to do any sort of dying of cloth (we will leave the dying to our enemies). The new farms are 5x5 farms, with a storage area for seeds that we actually are using.

More cleaning and hauling has been completed, with a reorganization of the existing massive stockpiles (ie, some overseer decided to have a few massive stockpiles that contained everything, rather than many smaller specialized stockpiles).

The millitary has been hardened even further, by slowly feeding the numerous war dogs that we have into the danger room, slaughtering them in front of the eyes of the military. Remember, the best soldier is an emotionally dead soldier!

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #803 on: May 17, 2013, 11:58:32 am »

This much re-organization is what gate ivory needed the most.
The next year will be interesting.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 17, 2013, 12:19:50 pm »

indeed, the next turn will prolly end up messing everything up and getting everyone killed by demons and undead.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 17, 2013, 05:33:41 pm »

Sorry again for the long pauses between updates, work is sucking up all my time these days.

In other news... I'm running out of stuff to organize!

(expect a big update within 24 hours)

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 20, 2013, 09:08:06 pm »

Long story short, ill be uploading the save tonight (too little time these days), but i will also include a walkthrough (with pics) of the fort, so that future overseers can see exactly what certain things do (no more floundering around).

Starting the walkthrough now...

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 21, 2013, 12:36:38 am »

Level Guide

*Note: I count level 0 as the top plateau for the main island

5   windmills for water spigot
4   water spigot and axels
1-3   Water spigot tower
0   Above ground farms, upper river, refuse heap, pasture, Dogsplosion Lever, Auxillary bridge access
-1   "Front" Entrance, Main Bridges, Trade Depot, Trap Hallway, Scrubber system, Cage room, Animal Room, Water Flood Containment, Atom Smasher, Remnants of the upper fort, Tomb room #1
-2   Graveyard 2, Mass Furniture Stockpile (not mechanisms, barrels, or pots)
-3   Access shafts for the remainder of the fort (and escape tunnels, filled with trees
-4   revamped farms, Seed Storage (5x seed stores, one seed type a piece), Don’t dig into the wall, someone punctured the aquifer…
-5   More Non Mechanism, pot, and barrel furniture storage, along with the remnants of the bar stockpile (never could guess why it wasn’t moved down to the forges, I presume dwarven stupidity), and a wood stockpile.
-6   Armor, Finished goods, and Gem Stockpiles
-7   32 bedrooms, mostly furnished, all have doors/beds, second level of the dining hall
-8   32 bedrooms, mostly furnished, all have doors/beds, Ground floor of dining hall, with 2 offices, and a prepared food/drink stockpile pair. Note, I have no idea what those levers do. Im not touching them.
-9   32 bedrooms, mostly furnished, all have doors/beds, Kitchen, stills, and food processing area, as well as feeder stockpiles
-10   32 bedrooms, mostly furnished, all have doors/beds, hospital and well, along with a dormitory (for anyone who you havent assigned to pass out in)
-11   Tombs, with the burial site to the north (massive amounts of coffins)
-12   Animal Trophy room, with back access to the fort (from the riverbed, use with caution, could be a major security risk, and the Goblin Grinder entrance (the big hole is the entrance)
-13   riverbed, along with massive furnture stockpile (mechanisms), 2 graveyeards, and noble housing, along with a truly GARGANTUAN amount of rocks, and the passage to the magma forges, as well as our 4 prison cells (only three of which actually have ropes/chains)
-14   Clothier shop, along with bowyers workshop, 2 wood furnaces, and a weapon stockpile
-15   4 mechanic workshops, along with 3 jem cutters workshops and a feeder stockpile, as well as  EIGHT carpenters workshops
-16   2 Siege workshops, and the butcher/tanner/soapmaker shops, as well as the kennels
-17   Empty rooms, cavern top
-18   seven masons workshops and the bottom level of the goblin grinder (pull lever to the immediate left to spike, the immediate left to retract/add floodgate
-19-21   remainder of the cavern, and the sealed off access to the dark fortress (someone flooded it, AND built over the top of the entrance)
-22-37   Caverns and Empty Space
-38   Sealed off top access to dark fortress
-42-39   Cavern 2 and top of magma tube, as well as dark fortress
-43   forges and bar stockpiles, lowest sighted level of dark fortress
-44   Magma forge magma stockpile
-56   Magma sea top
-57-60   Magma sea
-61   lowest level of magma sea, semi-molten rock spotted

Also, pics are taking some time to upload, ill get them done as soon as i can.

Save is here

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #808 on: May 21, 2013, 03:41:42 pm »

I would like to sign up once more for another turn, I have plans for GateIvory.

Code: [Select]
Initial Blueprint for the Residential Tower Project

w w w w w w W w w w
w b . w s . . . . w
w c . w . . t c b w
W t . w d w w w w w
w . . w x x d . s w
w s . d x x w . . w
w w w w w d w t . W
w . . . . . w c . w
w b c t . s w b . w
w w w W w w w w w w

w wall
. floor
b bed
c chair
t table
W window
d door
x up/down stairs

48 walls
44 floors
4 up/down stairs
4   doors
4 beds
4 tables
4 chairs
4 windows
4 statues

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 21, 2013, 05:04:55 pm »

and so it shall be, valrandir will have another turn!

and seeing as how BP has ended his turn, it is now Tahu's turn.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 65