Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87585 times)

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore (PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #780 on: May 05, 2013, 07:15:43 pm »

Things are going fine, its been a busy week, what with finals and me moving back home. Expect a big update tonight
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 06, 2013, 12:44:06 am »

ah alright then. good good.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 06, 2013, 03:10:29 am »

Sorry i didnt get more finished tonight, its hard to get much in the way of a year completed when you are running at 11-17 FPS (I really need to do something about that river up north). I will get the turn finished as soon as i can. Oh, and the narrative during the battle was only slightly elaborated, all the actions actually happened.

22nd granite:

The screaming is unrelenting, with the goblin grinder still under construction.

In order to share my pain, and to turn these dwarves into merciless killing machines, i have  ordered the construction of a perforation chamber.

It is in this planning process that i discover that we have over ONE HUNDRED DOORS!

WHAT were previous overseers THINKING.

WE DONT NEED THESE MANY DOORS!

I have also disbanded ALL millitary squads, to be reconsolidated into two squads, an axedwarf squad and a hammerdwarf squad.

24th Granite:

Ive ordered a drainage area for the hallway to the left of the fort, so we can recover some of the bodies of our comrades.

29th Granite:

The drainage area is complete, and the small hallway filled with water is punctured, flowing into the drainage pit. We will recover the dead when possible.

5th Slate:

some migrants have arrived, among them a comedian and a skilled woodcrafter.

9th Slate:

A milker gave birth to a boy.

Well done, we can now use this child, Tosid Etithlaltur, as a symbol as to what we will become. (Whatever that means)

12th Slate:

We have recovered 4 bodies from that passage, laying them to rest in the massive number of coffins that i have construction

13th Slate

The perforation room is operational now, and has received the first five dwarves.

These five dwarves have shown immediate skill improvements, as well as seeing roughly five wardogs being perforated in front of them.

The perfection of their mind and body is beginning.

This motto is having effects on the local population, with a hunter shooting a groundhog in both legs, before going over to it and slowly breaking all of it's legs, and beating on it with the copper crossbow that he has.

15th Slate:

I have stopped production of lavish meals, as we have over FIFTEEN HUNDRED of them!

25th Slate:

First Test of the military was a complete success.

They exhibited all of the brutality that i expected of them.

Their mission was to kill the three trolls that were trapped in the little trap hallway on the northern side of the fort (I have no idea how they got sealed off there), and to deliver a message to the last surviving troll.

First they hacked off the troll's legs, then had the dogs grab onto each of the arms (there are about 15 war dogs following a random soldier), pulling them taut.

After that, they axedwarves proceeded to beat the troll to a pulp with the butt of their axes and the hammerdwarves pummeled the troll with their fists.

Then all but one of the trolls were beheaded, with the military all screaming "FOR GATEIVORY!"

There was only one troll remaining at this point. Missing both her right leg, right arm, and all her tusks, she attempts to fight off the horde of dwarves descending on her, landing no hits, but shaking all but the most dedicated of attacks off, flopping outside, glimpsing the sky.

Finally, she was pinned, wardogs holding her limbs spread out, all the weapons that she carried were long since ripped from her hands. A voice calls out "STOP!" from the tunnel that the slaughter took place in.

A Hammerdwarf named Melbil Abelluzat walks up, the ground seeming to break around her feet with every step. The dwarves part like water around her, seeing the murder in her eyes.

Raising her silver warhammer above her head, she  says "These will be the last words spoken to you, and I want you to carry them to the Demon that Commands you. We Will NEVER Surrender, We Will NEVER Be Defeated, We will Destroy ANY Vile Force that comes to face us, We do not fear you. YOU. WILL. FEAR. GATEIVORY!"

The whistling of her warhammer can be heard, as well as the sickening crunch of the troll's skull shattering, the troll dropping from the final blow.

As the troll lays still, the millitary moves back into the fort, covered in blue troll blood. Smiles adorn the faces of the soldiers, enjoying the slaughter that just took place, and hoping beyond hope that the message they just delivered rings true, with a proper assault by the goblins in the near future.

I order the millitary to assemble in my office, in order to talk to them about their future in Gateivory.

"Soldiers, You have done well today. The message was delivered successfully, and we will soon see if the demon that commands the Goblins rightfully fears us. If he does, he will send more goblins for us to slaughter." Faces perk up around the room, smiles stretching the faces of the millitary (All of which are ecstatic by the way).

"I want you to go have a drink before going back to your training room, where you will continue to be strengthened to perfection. Very well done, and expect the assault soon. I doubt that the demon will allow a competitor to it to remain for long. At that point, you are to break the spine of the forces that are sent to us, and we will make the whole continent FEAR the fort of Gateivory!"

Cheers erupt from the soldiers, with much patting on the back, as they all but one leaves the room.

Melbil Abelluzat remains behind, a hollow look in her eyes. "The Message was delivered successfully overseer, the demon will respond in force, i could see it in the troll's eyes"

"Excellent," I reply, sitting back at my desk. "In response to your skill at carrying out my orders, i am promoting you to the millitia captain. I look forward to having you become the most feared commander of all time."

"Of course overseer, I am looking forward to it." Melbil replies, the hollow look in her eyes remaining.  Sensing that the meeting is over, she turns and walks out the door, to get properly drunk.

I place my hands in an arch (Imagine Gendo Ikari from NGE), before saying "Exactly as planned" and Cackling Madly as the door swings shut.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 06, 2013, 04:13:42 am »

gateivory, where blood will flow like wine into the cup of armok. BLOOD FOR ARMOK!!!
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 08, 2013, 02:22:34 am »

i had an INCREDIBLY busy day today (got myself a job), but i should not only have a relatively free day tomorrow, i should also be back on a powerful computer (hopefully it can run this faster than 15 fps).

Expect a LARGE update tomorrow

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 08, 2013, 11:02:41 am »

good good. and congratulations on getting a job, money is always good to have in pocket, you can afford more !!cat tallow roasts!! that way...

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 08, 2013, 07:29:11 pm »

1st Felsite:

Renovations are still slow going, with a complete revamp of the food storage areas, and the

13th Felsite:
FINALLY, The Demon Responds!

4 squads of goblins (2 pike, 1 hammer, 1 lasher) arrive on the edge of the map.

The Shattering Knees dash off to the north, to take care of the first wave of pikemen, while the Feral Tombs (Axedwarf) stick around the entrance, making sure that no goblins will ever set foot into GateIvory.

After a few minutes of intense fighting, the squad of pikemen and a few trolls have been destroyed to the man, with three of the hammedwarves recieving wounds (strangely, they sprint back to the base, and collapse onto the beds in the hospital, instantly asleep)

The Shattering Knees then take up a defensive position at the front of the fort, while the Feral Tombs sprint off after the remaining pikemen and trolls.

The remaining pikemen are once again slaughtered, and not a single scratch is laid upon the axedwawrves.

The next target is the lashers, and the Feral Tombs are sent off after them, since they have proven themselves far more compentent.

After plowing through a squad of hammergoblins on their way to the lashers, leaving gigantic bloody swathes in their wake, the lashers turn tail and run.

As the lashers run off the map, a single squad of goblins being driven by a goblin spearmaster named Zolak Nightmaresmith (seriously, im not making this up).

After the Shattering Knees arrive and promptly destroy the entirety of that squad, Zolak is the only invader remaining.

Zolak puts up a fierce fight, with him wounding SIX of the dwarves (not serverely, but he keeps going for the feet/legs). Unable to take him down on their own, the Shattering Knees return to the fray, and Melbil leads the charge.

Incensed at the unwillingness to not die that this goblin shows, along with the desire to hurt her comrades, she jumps at the goblin, slamming into him and shoving him into a tree. While he is stunned, she takes her silver warhammer (at this point, covered in blood) and slams it into the right leg of Zolak, shattering the bones in his leg.

In a display of not only rather brutal aggression, but flexibility as well, Melbil bites down on the right hand of Zolak, ripping the muscles from it. While she is still latched onto his hand, Melbil proceeds to break the following bones:

Both Legs, Both Feet, Both Hands, Both arms, and his spine.

Releasing her grip from Zolak's right hand, she then proceeds to gouge out Zolak's left eye with her teeth, punching out all of his teeth, and jamming his arm bones through his flesh with the warhammer she carries.

At this point, she stops, and tells Zolak "Tell your master that he is no match for us. We will break any force you send. This IS GATEIVORY!"

After seeing this truely terrifying sight, Zolak closes his eyes one last time, falling to the ground exhausted.

Melbil raises her warhammer up high, and brings it down onto the head of Zolak so hard that it becomes stuck.

Raising a foot and shoving off Zolak's cooling corpse, the millitary walks back into the fort, more eyes than usual containing blank stares.

Meeting the millitary in the hospital (so that the whole millitary can be in one place), i bestow the following titles upon members of the millitary:

The Feral Tombs:

Iteb Mistemmeb Sodmeden (Iteb Portalinched the Misty Tribe) for Eleven Kills (ten goblins, one troll)
Rovod Unibdodok Zugobsazir (Rovod Ragclasp the Grand Bridge) for Eleven Kills (nine goblins, two trolls)
Avuz Kubukrikkir Ngobol Basen (Avuz Lancedwhiskers the Glumness of Spraying) for Eleven Kills (eleven Goblins)
Zefon Datandasel Bumal Logem (Zefon Ironheaven the Worries of Painting) for Sixteen Kills (fifteen goblins, one troll)
Aban Vutokalak Shisluggembish (Aban Figureaces the Muddled Seals) for Twelve kills (eight Goblins, four trolls)

The Shattering Knees:
Melbil Abelluzat Umshadkobel (Melbil Bustrubbed The Ponderous Summet) for Five Kills (4 goblins, including their general, and a troll)
Bemul Morulkasben Osemar (Bemul Pagetuffed the Certain Animal) for eight kills in the battle (six goblins, two trolls).
Thikut Kobal Koshdesothil Gikut (Thikut Wheeltoned the Heliotrope Weakness of Dabblers) for nine kills in the battle (six goblins, three trolls).

"Soldiers, You have done well this day", i proclaim to them. "While this was a great victory, it did not come without some wounds. Remember that we are trying to break a demon, and this is to be only the first of many great battles. I honor you all, and i hope that you will continue to become as hard as you need to be. FOR GATEIVORY!"

The room resounds with the shouts of "For Gateivory" from the soldiers, even mumbling from the mouths of the sleeping millitary sounds like they are joining in.

I let the military celebrate, and ask Melbil back to my office. The remaining soldiers that are not fast asleep in the hospital.

I tell Melbil that she has done an excellent job, and that she is to continue breaking the minds of the dwarves that are under her command.

End Result:
87 Goblins Killed,
0 Deaths, 6 dwarves injured.

Injury Summary:
Atir Konadmeng: Right Lower Arm Fractured and Cut Open
Kol Avuzkilrud: Right Lower Arm Cut Open, Right Hand Gone
Nomal Edemenshal: Right foot and left lower leg are broken, left upper arm and right foot are cut open
Zefon Datandasel Bumal Logem: Left lower leg is broken and cut open, left foot is cut open
Rovod Unibdodok Zugobsazir: Left upper arm is fractured and cut open

25th Felsite:

In order to facilitate the melting of the armor and such, i am digging down to a magma vent and making a smelter and forge area.

11th Hematite:

Asmel Kubukginon, a diagnoser has given birth to a girl
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:58:00 pm by bp920091 »

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 09, 2013, 01:56:14 am »

seeing as how the military is so good, why not clear out that undead fort down in the caves? if you dont, I will. it would be a pleasure. >:D

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 09, 2013, 04:09:13 am »

I am hesitant to do so, at least until the millitary has been toned to perfection (legendary in all physical statistics)

Ive had bad experiences with zombies before

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 09, 2013, 07:10:43 am »

I am hesitant to do so, at least until the millitary has been toned to perfection (legendary in all physical statistics)

Ive had bad experiences with zombies before
Think of the sword. The shiny, beautiful sword. Just waiting down there. Waiting for a dwarf to wield it.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 10, 2013, 12:15:44 am »

and think of the glory. they are just zombies and skeletons. whats the worst that could happen? scruffy has a point too. think of the power! hssssss! THINK OF IT! POWER TO RULE OVER ALL OF DWARF KIND! TO SMITE ANY THAT WOULD CROSS THE PATH OF GATEIVORY! you could rule the world! DO IT!

I dare you. >:D

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #791 on: May 10, 2013, 08:57:59 pm »

By ARMOK !

Huge Updates!!!

8)

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 11, 2013, 01:34:02 am »

It is truely difficult to get through more than a month or two with the FPS that im getting, 10-15, and im running a POWERFUL computer, and ive got DFhack running it on 2 cores. (3.2 ghz cores).

Expect another large update tomorrow

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #793 on: May 11, 2013, 10:05:28 am »

Their mission was to kill the three trolls that were trapped in the little trap hallway on the northern side of the fort (I have no idea how they got sealed off there), and to deliver a message to the last surviving troll.
nned" and Cackling Madly as the door swings shut.

Actually they got there during my turn.
I had made a small trap passage and as those trolls walked in they got stuck in the traps for such a long time that I decided to seal the place.
They have been trapped in those walls for YEARS.
You have finally ended their torment.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 11, 2013, 03:03:29 pm »

wall trolls. getting into the wiring and messing shit up and keepin dwarves up at night as they skitter around in the walls until they drop dead and stink up the whole fortress, forcing you to fish the corpses out through a magma duct you pried off with the sharpened end of a cat bone because the mayor mandated that all the tools be melted down to make gateivory novelty doors...

oh god, I need sleep... keep the updates comin BP, your doing good.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 65