Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87514 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #405 on: October 01, 2012, 04:01:57 am »

I made specifically sure to keep any metal gear.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Bataille

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 01, 2012, 11:15:30 pm »

I'd like to sign up for a turn, and a dwarf with no preference on skill-set.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 02, 2012, 12:26:42 am »

alright, on the list you go! woo!
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #408 on: October 02, 2012, 06:37:27 pm »

This fortress is quite interesting :D

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 02, 2012, 06:41:21 pm »

Sorry, no update yet, but to recap:
The elves came and went
The humans are attacking
We have a military (Not trained enough for the humans)
I have cleaned us up completely
I have built a device to control/stop the waterfall
I sealed our water source and am building a new one
I am building/connecting a fully connected lever room

Things I don't know:
Where the lever for the bridges is
Where the farms are
Why the humans are attacking

Things I would like to know:
See above.

I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 02, 2012, 06:50:00 pm »

The elves came and went
The humans are attacking

Things I don't know:
Where the farms are

See above.
Humans? What?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 03, 2012, 01:38:28 am »

The elves came and went
The humans are attacking

Things I don't know:
Where the farms are

See above.

well none of that sounds like too much of an issue. I th-

The humans are attacking

wait... what? when did this happen? what did we do? Did... did shit just get real?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 03, 2012, 03:50:12 am »

wait... what? when did this happen? what did we do? Did... did shit just get real?
Yes, shit just got real. They're sitting there with their thumbs up their respective a**es, not even moving to stop the elves escaping.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 03, 2012, 03:33:43 pm »

hm. this does not bode well for gateivory. I guess our only hope lies in waiting for them to get bored and leave OR a goblin siege showing up and the two forces fighting each other... now wouldn't that be nice?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 03, 2012, 03:36:29 pm »

hm. this does not bode well for gateivory. I guess our only hope lies in waiting for them to get bored and leave OR a goblin siege showing up and the two forces fighting each other... now wouldn't that be nice?
With what other race are the humans at war?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 03, 2012, 04:20:22 pm »

I dont know, but I will DL the file and see if I can find anything of interest.

okay, taking a look at the fort again, I can honestly say that this place is still a disaster. I have never seen so many coffin in on fort, and the place above stone level has basically turned into the kind of cave you would expect to find trolls or ogres hiding in. the pile of crap at the bottom of the waterfall is utterly massive. I imagine that visiting diplomats and merchants must think of it as some kind of artistic, avante garde, statement against the evils of industry or some such thing. speaking of merchants, the Depot is completely inaccessible to wagons, though that may have changed in tahujdt's turn. also, their is another massive pile of goods where the old depot was.

looking at legends now...

in the year 38, I see humans were attacked by goblins... in fact a lot of humans seem to have been killed by goblins here. during the year 39 and afterwords, gulf creates ungodly numbers of masterful engravings, this is not new info ;D. it looks like the humans lost some people and a caravan in the summer of 39. it also appears the the humans are at war with the elves... since about year 10 give or take a couple years, I cant find an exact date what with all these creatures becoming enemies of the human civ. (the torrid confederacy is the human civ.) they also appear to be going through leaders fairly quickly at this period of time. AH! found it! "In the early autumn of 40, the torrid confederacies lost a diplomat at gate ivory. they suspected the involvement of the systemic urn."

the systemic urn is our civ, so it appears the killing of their diplomat has triggered a war with the humans. so... the humans seem to be at war with everyone. though I dont see more than one major battle listed in the civs history, and that one was with elves.

the elven civ that the humans are at war with, is also the elven civ that trades with us, and seeing as how they were not attacked when they left, I can say that that war is long over. I think. the elves appears to be fairly civil with us, despite losing trade goods and a few good merchants.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:29:54 pm by saltmummy626 »

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 03, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »

I dont know, but I will DL the file and see if I can find anything of interest.

okay, taking a look at the fort again, I can honestly say that this place is still a disaster. I have never seen so many coffin in on fort, and the place above stone level has basically turned into the kind of cave you would expect to find trolls or ogres hiding in. the pile of crap at the bottom of the waterfall is utterly massive. I imagine that visiting diplomats and merchants must think of it as some kind of artistic, avante garde, statement against the evils of industry or some such thing. speaking of merchants, the Depot is completely inaccessible to wagons, though that may have changed in tahujdt's turn. also, their is another massive pile of goods where the old depot was.

looking at legends now...

in the year 38, I see humans were attacked by goblins... in fact a lot of humans seem to have been killed by goblins here. during the year 39 and afterwords, gulf creates ungodly numbers of masterful engravings, this is not new info ;D. it looks like the humans lost some people and a caravan in the summer of 39. it also appears the the humans are at war with the elves... since about year 10 give or take a couple years, I cant find an exact date what with all these creatures becoming enemies of the human civ. (the torrid confederacy is the human civ.) they also appear to be going through leaders fairly quickly at this period of time. AH! found it! "In the early autumn of 40, the torrid confederacies lost a diplomat at gate ivory. they suspected the involvement of the systemic urn."

the systemic urn is our civ, so it appears the killing of their diplomat has triggered a war with the humans. so... the humans seem to be at war with everyone. though I dont see more than one major battle listed in the civs history, and that one was with elves.

It sounds like this fort needs a cleanup, something I am going to do horribly at.  :D
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 03, 2012, 05:29:11 pm »

Report coming tonight or tomorrow, maybe we can weaponize my waterfall floodgates.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 03, 2012, 08:55:53 pm »

Hurrah, stuff happened while I wasn't paying attention! The bridge levers are in the bottom right left corner of the upper level, I believe it is the one on the left. I've got a picture of it in one of my updates.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:14:09 pm by MiceMiceMice »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #419 on: October 04, 2012, 03:06:12 pm »

I suggest that we mine out the dirt maze and permently flood it with water, leaving only a constructed stone block corridor to access the fort. It would then be simple to integrate a drowning trap into that :D
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 65