Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87509 times)

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #390 on: September 28, 2012, 02:16:35 am »

I honestly just messed with stuff till I could load the save, so I'm not sure how to get any other tileset working. Good luck though.
edit: actually, that isn't true. What you should be able to do is run the tileset updater then copy the creature definitions from the raws folder of the GateIvory save (make a copy before you run the updater). I think that should work, that is roughly what I did, but with fewer oopsies.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:47:51 am by MiceMiceMice »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 28, 2012, 10:55:39 am »

Maybe try putting up a new DF install from LNP, set your tileset, and then extract the save and start playing.

^^^this^^^
is good advice
That does not work you will end up using the wrong tiles for the tileset.
Mostly this makes rough walls look wrong for the tileset but it also does not update creature graphics to match the tileset.
You have to update the raw files in the save to match the tileset you are using to get the tileset to look correct.
edit: actually, that isn't true. What you should be able to do is run the tileset updater then copy the creature definitions from the raws folder of the GateIvory save (make a copy before you run the updater). I think that should work, that is roughly what I did, but with fewer oopsies.
If the only creatures were modded that should work fine.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 28, 2012, 05:13:08 pm »

All I did was add in some fake creatures with the right names.
I changed a few files because I wasn't sure which environment some of the modded creatures went in, so I just put them in a bunch till it ran.
the files I changed are
creature_insects
creature_desert_new
creature_bug_slug_new
creature_amphibians
creature_next_underground
in the GateIvory\raw\objects folder
Hope that helps.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 28, 2012, 05:25:18 pm »

All I did was add in some fake creatures with the right names.
I changed a few files because I wasn't sure which environment some of the modded creatures went in, so I just put them in a bunch till it ran.
the files I changed are
creature_insects
creature_desert_new
creature_bug_slug_new
creature_amphibians
creature_next_underground
in the GateIvory\raw\objects folder
Hope that helps.
If you backup up the original raws, install the raws for a graphics pack, and then copy those files from the original raws back replacing the ones from the graphics pack it should work.
You might see some differences in the appearance of the animals in those folders that way but it is easier than finding the new entries in those files and copying them to the raws from the graphics pack you use.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 28, 2012, 05:43:14 pm »

I can narrow down the search for where they belong, the modded critters go to the desert biome. there are only 3 of them.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #395 on: September 29, 2012, 01:07:27 pm »

Here is a file including
- Dwarf Fortress
- The latest save of gateivory already in the correct folder
- A TileSet
- Dwarf Therapist

Just extract, run DF.bat and play! : )

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6977

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 29, 2012, 04:01:43 pm »

thank you valrandir, Ill put it in the OP as the current save.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 29, 2012, 04:32:03 pm »

You might want to put a warning about what OS it is for (I assume Windows because of ".bat").
It won't work for people using other OS's than the one that archive was made for.
Sigtext

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 29, 2012, 05:00:39 pm »

Sorry everyone, lot of homework to catch up on, I'll start playing soon. (No boy scout campout, as it happens.)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #399 on: September 29, 2012, 08:00:45 pm »

You might want to put a warning about what OS it is for (I assume Windows because of ".bat").
It won't work for people using other OS's than the one that archive was made for.

Sorry for that, it is indeed the windows version.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2012, 09:25:31 pm »

Sorry for that, it is indeed the windows version.
Not a problem I just did not want someone to be surprised when the opened it.
You can still use the save and tileset on another OS you just need to copy them to the DF version for your OS.
Sigtext

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 30, 2012, 04:07:45 pm »

One big update, screenshots to follow!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2012, 04:12:04 pm »

I'm fine with dfhack, though you'd probably want to get everyone's opinions. So long as frame rate isn't too low I wouldn't bother though.
On a different note, is there a reason you put the update in a spoiler? It does save on page space but the text is a rather small, making it hard to read.
Otherwise, nice update!
edit: I sure hope none of that "trash" is made of metal, we need that stuff.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2012, 07:29:16 pm »

I would say yes if the FPS drops way too low, and only if you can come up with a good explanation as to why the horribly polluted river is suddenly clean again. also, ill change the OP to reflect the info given to me.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2012, 10:10:58 pm »

The stuff down the cliff should despawn over time, given that its refuse such as bones and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65