Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87454 times)

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2012, 02:58:33 pm »

It should be. Progress has been a little slow because I have school stuff. :( I will (hopefully) try to finish out the year today.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2012, 10:58:37 pm »

ok, PC back before I expected it. good good. still a bit wobbly until I get it all broken in again with all my favorite things and RAM wasting programs re-installed.

Great update mice.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2012, 08:23:36 am »

ok, PC back before I expected it. good good. still a bit wobbly until I get it all broken in again with all my favorite things and RAM wasting programs re-installed.

Great update mice.

Great news!

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2012, 01:06:39 am »

I'm working on it! Slowly but I'm working on it!
26th Malachite: Misko, our Baron, ended his ban on door exports and mandated instead that we produce two additional doors. Clearly Misko likes doors. I ordered our masons to make some doors once they finish making coffins.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2nd Galena: Nothing to say really, life has been almost too normal. All we do all day is drag goods from the corpses outside into the stockpiles.
Actually, I was wrong. Several of the migrants came to me complaining that they didn’t have beds. I guess room assignment was forgotten in the confusion. Regardless, we have plenty of empty rooms now.

8th Galena: Keas are about, stealing things. We lost a -giant iron axe blade- today. I don’t know how the kea carried a steel blade weighing 100 times its own weight.

9th Galena: We lost another axe blade and a silver corkscrew. Nothing to be done, we don’t have the dwarfpower to hunt down the keas.

12th Galena: A human diplomat arrived today. Hopefully she’ll go away soon.

Our carpenters and masons are finally back to work making cages and coffins. Hopefully there will be fewer complaints about our lack of them.

14th Galena: Well shit.

Yay.... !!FUN!!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2012, 01:37:58 am »

I swear, I must have some sort of natural immunity to keas. I never get stolen from. Never. A map will not produce keas, maquqes, or any other stealers in my possesion. Kobolds escape or die, but never steal. I'm just lucky I guess. I lose children to snatchers though, but that doesn't really count, what with them being nuisances and all.

Did you give the military the needed revamp?

From the Desk of The baron:
I have been glad to see that we have produced more doors. My plans are working. I also managed to preven the overseer from Exporting any of my precious doors, the sell-out.

I hear a Siege. We are all going to die. I will be locked in here, awaiting death, While my friends and subjects are struck down before me. I want my mommy. If ONLY THE OVERSEER HAD INSTALLED THE DOORS.

Wait, aren't I in the military? SHIIIIIIIIIT. Uh, um, TALKINGTO A DIPLOMAT, YES THATS WHAT I'M DOING, IM BUSY WITH THE HUMAN, LEAVE ME ALONE. i DON'T KNOW WHY I'M WRITING LARGE LETTERS.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 14, 2012, 01:47:53 am »

I fixed the burrow so everyone could do stuff inside still. And no, I never got to revamp the military. We currently have a grand total of 11 military dwarves. We'll see if we survive. As to your diary...

Everyone is ordered to hide in the dining room. Maybe the invaders will just leave us alone?

16th Galena: While we weren’t paying attention even more enemies showed up. Hopefully at least one of us will survive to tell our tale.

A group of enemies is advancing near our southern river. Hopefully they won’t find the entrance. I’ve ordered all entrances but the main one walled off.
Apparently goblin mounts can swim. This is bad.

18th Galena: The enemies are wandering around in confusion, or so it seems. I truly hope they don’t know how to get in.

19th Galena: Even more enemies are crossing from the other side of the river. I should never have ordered that bridge made. Or I should have at least attached it to a lever to turn it into a dwarfy deathtrap.[/i]

An enemy fell from the falls but survived. This is bad. This is very very bad. Hopefully our martial heroes will defeat the enemy.

20th Galena: The foul beast charged up the stairs, setting upon a helpless peon and slaughtering him. Somehow even more enemies managed to get in.
Simultaneously, the goblins mounted an attack on the front entrance.

I knew the giant mosquito was a good idea.

Anyway, we are kinda in trouble. I'm probably gonna stop for the night soon. It may take me slightly longer to finish than I thought :P
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 12:27:03 pm by MiceMiceMice »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2012, 01:57:05 am »

Ahhh! I knew it! I explained before the could ride in on aquatics. Thats why there were in my execution pond.

Note: We should probably put a way to close the main entrance.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2012, 02:01:21 am »

I was working on a floodgate door but didn't finish it. I'm probably gonna have to wall if off for now.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2012, 08:07:12 am »

This is awesome  :D

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2012, 02:37:21 pm »

OH GOD. we need to remove the catch system as soon as possible. I built it to catch dwarves who went over the falls, but obviously its also catching enemies as well. either that or hook the grates up to a lever so it can be turned off when invaders arrive... if the fortress is destroyed, should we reclaim?

heh, that mosquito was a great idea. how are the bear and wolf doing?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 14, 2012, 03:36:50 pm »

should we reclaim?
Should always reclaim, but I don't think we're going to lose just yet.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 14, 2012, 10:37:52 pm »

The bear died, the wolf is fighting on. Not sure how effective bears are, it died in one hit to a war jabberer.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 14, 2012, 10:56:10 pm »

Well shit. I may have accidentally corrupted my save. I'll see if I can fix it. I'm getting "Fatal Error: Missing creature ROCK_CRAB"
UPDATE: Our fort now has rock_crabs, which are identical to magma crabs. giant_rock_crabs are next. Hopefully this will fix it.
UPDATE II: Now it wants SAND_WORM. I can't figure out where it should go.
UPDATE III: VICTORY! The save loads. Hopefully it won't cause problems for future overseers. I really really hope it won't.
I'll do my best to finish the year out today. I have a feeling we will be doing a lot of sitting and crossbowmaking. I don't see any way to escape at this point.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:20:10 am by MiceMiceMice »

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 15, 2012, 01:05:20 am »

Triple post :( We seem to have a lot of badasses in our fort.
20th Galena:The dogs are our saviors.
Somehow Misko, our illustrious and valiant baron, was struck down in the confusion. He shall be mourned should we survive this.

DrunkenCaveOgre, our one-armed artisan, demonstrates her skill with at using pointy objects.

One crazed dwarf, trapped in the tombs. I scream down to him to pull up the floor grates that the enemies are landing on.

The battle on the bridge rages on. Only the valor of a few, injured dwarves stands between us and doom.

Dumat, legendary miner, enters the fray, again showing us why she was made champion.

Amazingly, DrunkenCaveOgre is holding her own with her single arm.

21st Galena: Perhaps “holding her own” was an understatement. Together with Dumat, DrunkenCaveOgre slew all of the invaders who managed to get inside, aside from a single, injured olm that escaped. A dedicated peon rushed over to ensure it did not return inside.

Have I mentioned before that Dumat is badass? She scares me, but also lets me sleep well.

All that remains is to lift the bridge which makes up the last entrance. It is a race for time between a single valiant suture and the goblin hordes.

The leader of the goblin squad was captured in a cage trap! We are saved. The goblins refuse to leave their leader, allowing our suturer time to lift the bridge.

Suddenly a scream sounded from below. A giant toad managed to get in and frightened someone as they were going to eat. This should be easily dealt with.

23rd Galena: The lever still isn’t pulled. Our idiot suturer is being disturbed by war jabberers from hundreds of feet away. The human diplomat is stuck inside, it’ll probably eventually die.
I’m ordering a tunnel dug so that our dwarves aren’t exposed to enemies in the river.

A strange creature has appeared, though I know not if it aids the invaders.

24th Galena: Damn, another squad has reached the bridge. I hope our military can hold. Luckily it looks like only three goblins made it.

A single heroic speardwarf holds off the enemy.
Very well.

So... I didn't realize I had quite so many pictures when I was taking them. Ah well, more coming soonish I hope.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 15, 2012, 01:32:38 am »

F&*K! im sorry mice, I forgot to remove those from my raws before starting the game. they were custom creatures I added myself for my own use. a majority of my forts are all savage desert forts, so I made those critters for them. the rock crabs were just desert crabs, and the sand worm was like an above ground cave crawler. big mistake on my part. sorry guys. whats surprising is that they didn't crop up sooner.

as for events in the game; damn, things are looking... epic. dumat really is a badass. where is brodich during all this? if we can somehow trap that demon on the bridge when the lever gets pulled, the bridge will break sending the demon plummeting to it (unlikely) death by falling damage.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:37:37 am by saltmummy626 »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 65