Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87466 times)

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2012, 02:31:34 pm »

There is much to be done.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2012, 02:59:13 pm »

I'm not entirely sure how I managed to do it, but I'm the one who mined the slade.

The water tower thing is not my fault, I was almost done extending it before the power came on. It was being extended to the entrance of the fort.

No clue what the rooms are though. And anyone who is unfortunate enough to be sent to siege us has a few problems, considering the marksdwarves, the dogs, the cage traps, and if anyone finishes the water tower, that too.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2012, 08:47:17 pm »

heh, yeah I noticed the new traps as well. and all the dogs around the entrance. all those puppies... poor puppies.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #228 on: September 05, 2012, 08:17:22 am »

humm no updates yet.

mastershizzle if the turn have to be skipped for any reasons, please let us know ahead of time rather than waiting a full week.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 05, 2012, 10:53:08 am »

well, he said he was gonna be busy with family. not sure how long to give him.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 05, 2012, 02:29:31 pm »

there appears to be a guinea pig running around in the clown car.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention i got desperate and started throwing animals in the cavern in hope that they'd attack them, or at least distract the zombies as I regained control. It sorta worked.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 05, 2012, 03:01:48 pm »

well, he said he was gonna be busy with family. not sure how long to give him.

He said he would try to start Tuesday. I'd give him the full week so long as we get an update soonish.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 06, 2012, 01:32:26 pm »

Ill make the cutoff tomorrow. If nothing by today, then we skip. Ill be up until well past midnight, so Ill be able to move on to the next player on the minute. lets keep this moving folks.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:36:10 pm by saltmummy626 »

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 06, 2012, 09:24:56 pm »

Been following this from my iPhone over the last few days, love it. Id join in but my laptop charger broke and I'm currently waiting on the new one to arrive.
Can someone post some updated pictures with the Phoebus or Mayday tilesets?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 06, 2012, 09:46:49 pm »

Been following this from my iPhone over the last few days, love it. Id join in but my laptop charger broke and I'm currently waiting on the new one to arrive.
Can someone post some updated pictures with the Phoebus or Mayday tilesets?
Ohh cool, we have a fan. What's yur favorite part so far?

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 07, 2012, 12:30:16 am »

sorry to hear about your laptop charger, its one of the downsides to laptops is that they are so easy to break. brought my first one to school, slipped and fell on my ass. end of the day, open up my backpack, OPS! CRACK IN SCREEN! COMPLETELY BROKEN. they tend to wear out faster than desktops imho, but I love them. the one ive got now has a badly damaged monitor frame.

anyways, going through the fort to take pics, I noticed more stuff.
whats with all these goddamn doors? are the dwarves music aficionados all of a sudden and really into them?
coffins. actually, I can see the need for them.
our farms are really heavily neglected.
FPS isnt actually that bad, what with all the bodies and the moaning and the huge number of doors.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this is the fortress proper. for now, our bedrooms are getting to be quite extensive. I think we may need a megaproject of some sort, wink wink.
our massive collection of doors... and coffins. also a hell of a lot of plump helmets that could use some attention.
the base of the water tower. I hope this thing gets finished. it will make a great defensive measure when its done. it also appears to have some kind of issue with flooding? I think?
THE OLM!!!!! this little guy is chilling out just above the nobles quarters level. It would be great if we could catch him. put him in a big glass tank in the dining room. he would be our squishy.
the nobles chamber. thats quite a simple yet sophisticated drowning chamber we have here.

ah wait, I just realized what the doors are for. back to your business then.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 07, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »

well, as unhappy as it makes me, we have to skip. it is now micemicemice's turn. Ill send the PM and hope that we wont have to skip again.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 07, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »

Ah well. I'll start tonight, probably have the first update by tomorrow if I am productive.
I'll try and grab a tileset to make pictures prettier.
edit: I'll be using phoebus cause I like it most after ASCII
also, I hope no one minds me using Dwarf Therapist, I hate having to sort professions by hand.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:22:10 pm by MiceMiceMice »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 07, 2012, 05:10:37 pm »

Ah well. I'll start tonight, probably have the first update by tomorrow if I am productive.
I'll try and grab a tileset to make pictures prettier.

Wow, this will be fun. Tell me what you think of my work. :P

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2012, 05:28:43 pm »

Well, just opened up the save. Looking at the therapist, I noticed something. Out of our 69 dwarves, exactly ONE is assigned to gather plants. This may explain the farming issues saltmummy noticed. I can only assume that this was caused by the deaths of all of our farmers, I hope we haven't been running on one farmer for five years. :P
I'll update this post with a general idea of what is going on after I spend some time whimpering in a corner after looking at the insane chaos.
edit: so, does anyone know what these suspicious, unlabeled levers do? I think that the middle one is some sort of archery live target control, but the others aren't really near anything so far as I can tell.
Sorry for the bad image formatting, further pictures will be nicer looking.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:00:53 pm by MiceMiceMice »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 65