Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87356 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, a bloody hole in the ground (PLAYERS NEEDED)
« Reply #930 on: July 16, 2013, 09:44:39 pm »

Finally found the dining room.  Looks like most of the screw pumps are built.  Should I just have them be pumped manually?

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 16, 2013, 09:57:46 pm »

no, they are to be tied to a series of energy generators (those screw pumps to the right). They'll run automatically once it's all done.

Those are self contained waterfalls.

They do need to be filled (with just one 7x7 block of water)
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 19, 2013, 04:23:45 pm »

new fangled dark magik teknologees. REPENT YOUR SINS! ARMOK WILL TAKE YOU!

hows it going griffinpup? also most of those levers near the dining room have notes on them... did you install a bunch of new levers I missed BP?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, a bloody hole in the ground (PLAYERS SRSLY NEEDED)
« Reply #933 on: July 19, 2013, 06:02:36 pm »

I installed ONE lever (for the danger room (that never got used)), and it's right next to it. Not my fault :)

Remember, we have been overseeing gateivory for YEARS, and frankly, the layout still makes no goddamn sense. Basement storage areas are now main thoroughfares, ect.

It wouldn't suprise me if he is terrified to touch anything. We do have the hall of levers, half of which aren't hooked up.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 20, 2013, 02:17:24 am »

Ill take a turn and take as LONG AS POSSABLE I still need to read the bloody thing otherwise ill turn the entire fort into a smoking crater like if I get seiged ill start pulling ALL THE LEVER only the most normal way to conduct your self in a dwarven fort also ill take a book keeper or manager or broker or CMD but if those arnt available ill take a stone crafter or mechanic named Joseph McCarthy every good fort needs a random dwarf running around screaming about those commies
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:41:20 am by Spirallances_ »
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #935 on: July 20, 2013, 10:08:58 am »

Ive tried before and failed. I have always wondered why. what do those other games have, that the one or two ive tried do not have? what garners interest? lots of things I guess. so here is what im going to throw at you. if anyone is interested, please by all means, raise your hands. I will host this game, this fort of GATEIVORY.

You have succeeded.

GateIvory is a Mighty Dwarf Fortress.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 20, 2013, 02:02:19 pm »

ah, thank you valrandir.

spirallances will be added to the list! and dont worry about turning it into a smoldering wreck, the smoke has only just started to die down. what we are left with is a filthy, burnt, gore hole filled with sharp metal bits and dwarves. must not forget them dwarves.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 20, 2013, 03:00:50 pm »

:(
Sorry guys.  Real life decided to strike again.  I won't be able to get back to any dwarf fortress for about two weeks, so you should probably skip me.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 21, 2013, 12:55:01 am »

Yeah, you can put my back on the list, but keep shunting me back until we cant find anyone else (it would be my fourth time as overseer, and ive got TWO forts im working on right now.)

Think of it as insurance that people are gonna keep playing.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 21, 2013, 01:46:56 am »

well then... Its spirallances turn XD. im going to go ahead and give him an extra day or two so he can read up on the fort.

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 21, 2013, 02:42:26 am »

Would it be OK if I asked to be dorf'ed if you have any unnamed dwarfs?
no one could have anticipated this

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 22, 2013, 02:21:15 pm »

of course, we have PLENTY of unnamed dorfs.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 22, 2013, 06:17:36 pm »

Yeah, in currently double-booked for forts, so anyone who wants a turn can go next (instead of me, as I'll be a week or so.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 27, 2013, 10:15:32 am »

Im afraid we will have to skip now, as it has been a week. BP would be up next in line, but he has his plate full atm, and he JUST completed a half turn.

therefore, gateivory will sleep for a week or so, unless BP's schedule clears up OR someone comes along and picks up the save. for now, gateivory is now first come first serve. if no one picks it up in a week, ill take over.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 10:18:30 am by saltmummy626 »

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 27, 2013, 12:59:40 pm »

Im afraid we will have to skip now, as it has been a week. BP would be up next in line, but he has his plate full atm, and he JUST completed a half turn.

therefore, gateivory will sleep for a week or so, unless BP's schedule clears up OR someone comes along and picks up the save. for now, gateivory is now first come first serve. if no one picks it up in a week, ill take over.

Yeah, I'm actually triple booked now...
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65