Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87440 times)

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2012, 10:06:54 pm »

jegus gulf XD that entire update was lulzy as hell. I hope all your updates are like that last one, cuz that made me laugh. I especially liked the bit about gluing gems to objects. the image of a dwarf gluing little plastic rhinestones to stone mugs and pink craft paper with crazy glue is one that will be with me forever.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2012, 11:22:23 pm »

Good stuff. Can't wait for my turn!
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2012, 11:25:12 am »

anything happening gulf?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2012, 04:53:42 pm »

Let's keep this moving  :)

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2012, 02:18:30 am »

hm... well, Ill give him another couple days, if we dont get an update Ill toss the save to frontestro.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2012, 07:07:52 am »

Ok boss.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2012, 08:30:55 pm »

I would like a turn if that is alright with all of you, this fortress looks quite interesting.

Gulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2012, 09:20:09 am »

Sorry about the lack of updates, guys, I'm finishing up the year as we speak!

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2012, 09:33:49 am »

Sweet that means my turn is coming up soon. Have you explored much of the caverns Gulf? I bet we needed traps down there hehehe.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2012, 04:28:44 pm »

I would like a turn if that is alright with all of you, this fortress looks quite interesting.
Hey first post, Good for you.

Have we been attacked at all?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2012, 05:22:26 pm »

ah! good good. I await your update eagerly gulf.
I will add you to the list micemicemice.
we have not been attacked that I know of.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2012, 05:33:29 pm »

Hey first post, Good for you.

Have we been attacked at all?
I've been around the forums for a while and figured I should finally get around to making an account. I've wanted to try a succession fort for ages but haven't had the time.
edit: thanks for giving me a turn despite my inexperience. Also, what textures are you all using? I've been using the base ascii but that isn't great for posting images.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:42:20 pm by MiceMiceMice »

Gulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2012, 06:39:21 pm »

Expect the write up tomorrow, I hope you guys like it!

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2012, 12:03:15 am »

I usually use mayday, but maybay (as far as I know) hasn't been updated to 34.11 yet. in fact, the save I posted was a 34.10 save. the next player, valrandir, updated the save when he played with phoebus tileset. the normal acsii is okay if you want to play with it instead of a fancy tileset.

if your first update is anything like your first gulf, it should be good and entertaining.

Gulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2012, 04:09:40 pm »

The Life of Gulf the Overseer, Part 2

Rest of write up to follow today, with save uploaded tonight!

7th Slade
"Arright, Brodich, what we got going on today?" Gulf grumbled as he walked up to the former overseer in the dining hall.
"Well, we've got a slight issue with a badger sow blocking the entrance to the memorial room."
"And you can't deal with it because you don't like heights, and someone decided to make the entrance to the memorial hall right next
to the waterfall. The waterfall that caused most of the deaths here." Waving his hand dismissively, Gulf continued, "So why didn't you send the military after the badger?"
Brodich didn't answer, instead he simply pointed at a nearby wall.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Oh...right...that."

Gulf stood at one edge of the bridge looking ahead, war-hammer in hand. On the other end, the entrance to the memorial hall. To his left, the fortress's mighty waterfall, rushing down until it hit the the ground some hundred meters below. To his right, empty space, nothing to catch him if he fell. In the middle of the bridge, a badger sow, trapped upon the small, thin bridge. Gulf gripped his hammer tightly, and summoned his courage to utter a command: "Oddom Akrullektad! Charge that thing so I don't have to!". And charge Oddom did, charged at the badger, and was instantly batted off the bridge and down the hundred meter drop to his instant death. But the distraction was all Gulf needed, bringing his hammer down upon the beast, Gulf slew the badger, taking all the credit for the glorious kill. "Never liked him much anyway." Gulf sighed, looking over the edge at Oddom's corpse far below.

6th Fellsite

Mayor Aban walked up to Gulf in the dining hall just as the latter was beginning to enjoy his day. "Overseer Gulf, I have some action items for you!" Gulf groaned, why did people always expect him to actually do things as Overseer? "First, some migrants just arrived, bringing the fortress population to 72 (EDIT-59). Second, some Elven traders arrived. Third, I have mandate that the fortress make a low boot!" Gulf took a long pull out of his tankard, glad the previous overseer had made enough bedrooms to house three times that many migrants. "Ok, Mayor Aban, I want you to listen to something. Half of all our exports...are wooden. Wooden crowns, wooden cups, wooden puzzleboxes, whatever. We trade with those tree licking punks, and we'll have an elven commando unit shooting up our noses faster than you can say "Necessary Deforestation"." Gulf stood up, looking the Mayor in the eye. "On top of that, you want us to make ONE low boot? What in the name of Teshkad does one do with ONE BOOT!?" The Mayor didn't even blink. "So...are you going to have the boot made?" Gulf's jaw dropped, was this dwarf deaf? "AM I?! AM I GOING TO FULFILL YOUR STUPID ARBITR-" Gulf stopped himself, getting an idea. A smile crossed the overseer's face. "No, Mayor, I will not make your boot. But you have been begging me for so long to get you an office and dining room, that I think I will grant your request." The Mayor thanked him and exited the dining hall. Gulf snickered to himself, now knowing what he would use that artifact floodgate for.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:21:16 pm by Gulf »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 65