Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87398 times)

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
Re: gateivory, the land without ore (PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #870 on: June 20, 2013, 07:43:58 am »

The time has come!!!  8)

I'm off to work, expect an update within 48 hours.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #871 on: June 20, 2013, 07:55:54 pm »

I am Valrandir, The Architech™.

And these are the tombs of GateIvory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Journal of Valrandir the Architech™ - Granite, 49
I have now obtained rightfully claimed the overseeing of this historical fortress.
Is is not clean. It never was really clean. It was always some degree of dirty. Now it is very dirty. It must be clean, yes!, clean, and shiny.
There is a lot to clean, but not by me. No. I must remain clean at all time, and research my craft.
But what good is it being master at a craft, without a legacy? I must leave a legacy, that no one visiting GateIvory will be able to ignore.

Therefore, I shall life in a clean, isolated and clean tower.
I shall appoint myself our squads of elite templars to being me reports and publish my commands.

Here is a brief overview of my current goals
- Drop absolutely everything most of our trash into magma.
- Kill everything which is not a dwarf, mostly
- Soap and Showers
- Architecture!

There is so much to do!
We begin!

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 22, 2013, 03:49:26 am »

I believe "various shades of blood and vomit" is the proper description.

all hail gateivory.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #873 on: June 23, 2013, 10:31:14 am »

It is now summer.

And a forgotten beast have come!

Journal of Valrandir the Architech™ - Hematite, 49
I have commended to gather all the trash over everywhere, right into our stockpiles. Needless to say that this is a massive undertaking, but it must be done to bring back order in this place. A first step to cleaning it to gather all the crap together, and then we can act on it.
I have sent a investigation into the river, and the resulting report is showing how many sections of it are in the process or drying, we assume as a follow up of the last use of the waterfall trap.
There was a few goblin thief visiting us, as well a two squad ambush which was dispatched by my guard.

Now we have a forgotten beast in the cavern, and they are NOT sealed. The only reasonable course of action is to send my guards to it, and see what happens.

The FPS is a good 19-20, which I hope will improve as the river finish drying.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 23, 2013, 01:57:45 pm »

actaully I had the river refilled at one point. had to drain it because I expected our soldiers to keep getting swept away by the washout trap.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
Re: gateivory, a bloody hole in the ground (PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #875 on: June 23, 2013, 05:31:46 pm »

Journal of Valrandir the Architech™ - Galena, 49
The river is still drying. Apparently the forgotten beast could not get in the fortress, I had sealed one of the cavern entrance before, which appears to have been the only one.
After another season of hauling dirty things, a human caravan has come, followed by a siege.
My personnal guards are to eradicate the siege, and to safe the caravan, to avoid having much more shit to haul later on.
We shall see!

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #876 on: June 23, 2013, 05:44:21 pm »

The war is on!

Here is the battle plan

Journal of Valrandir the Architech™ - Hematite, 49
The guard have positioned themselves in ambush near the human trade depot. As the first group of invaders, trolls, arrive, arrows rain from the caravan while our strong warriors use hammer, sword, spear and axe in the name of GateIvory.
As the carnage goes on, a goblin squad will soon be in the battle as well, but not without the watertrap auto-activating itself pushing a bunch of flesh all the way down.

It seems like we saved the human caravan, but its still a lot of new trash to haul.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #877 on: June 23, 2013, 06:01:30 pm »

It is now Automn!

Journal of Valrandir the Architech™ - Limestone, 49
The siege have been broken, two elite guards fell off the bridge along with some goblins, the will most likely recover, unlike the goblins who are dead.

There is so much to haul, I don't think I can haul it all in this year.
I now think that the FPS issue issue is due to having tens of thousands of items, rather than because of the waterflow.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 23, 2013, 08:19:07 pm »

I built an atom smasher during my second turn on the depot level. should be on the east  side of the river from the depot, and south of the main passage. its pretty obvious cuz its just a small L shaped hall.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #879 on: June 23, 2013, 08:39:26 pm »

Spring has arrived!

Journal of Valrandir the Architech™ - Last Entry of this period, 50

I have been the overseer of this place for a long year. During my reign, most of the outside garbage have been hauled inside, ambushes have been cleared, a siege have been destroyed, and the river have finally dried. There was no time left for architecture or anything else, as cleaning was my first priority and there is still a lot of it left to do.
May the next overseer declare himself, so that I can carefully watch what he is doing and tell me to clean some more.

Here's the save:
DFFD Link
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:07:48 pm by Valrandir »

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 23, 2013, 10:25:46 pm »

Does that mean that im next? or does someone else want to take a turn before me. im still rather... pressed for time in RL these days, so i dunno how much time i can put into DF. I can probably put in a month or two a night, but not much more.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #881 on: June 23, 2013, 11:33:34 pm »

A month a night with a brief update is all that is needed.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 24, 2013, 12:20:50 am »

Got it, downloading now, should put out a first update within 24 hours or so (if not an update, a first glance).

Do i have any rules (danger room stuff, ect), or am i free to go nuts?

I never did get past the first stage of the three stage demigod creation process.

Stage 1. Weapon mastery (you saw the half finished product of this stage)
Stage 2. Physical Perfection
Stage 3. Psychological hardening

The end result of this... many year program... is a 100% invulnerable military, able to run at the speed of a cheetah, as nimble as a hummingbird, and as strong as a grizzly bear that will never get unhappy, and will regenerate at near inhuman levels (this is an inherent attribute and basically forms the basis of my recruits). It's a bit... ethically dodgy, as the results basically generate an impervious military. I once had a dude whose skin kept growing back as it sloughed off because he took on a forgotten beast with deadly dust. Dude ripped it's heart out with his teeth. That kind of scarily unstoppable military.

Same for the happiness generator (probably just a few small scale ones, able to be shut off (due to FPS issues). Not quite as effective as my 20x20 mist generator, using 16 screw pumps (and 16 mist exit ports), but it has the downside of not being able to being able to shut off without dumping water everywhere.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Tsumi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 24, 2013, 03:30:36 am »

Hey just a heads up, It might be a good idea to take me off the list. RL has gotten very hectic recently and I won't have access to a computer or internet for a while. Sorry to be a bother, don't want to slow things down so I thought I'd let you know I won't be able to take my turn.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #884 on: June 24, 2013, 01:09:13 pm »

np Tsumi

bp as for my part, as long as DFHack is not involved and the RAW stay as they are, then what matters are the results over the means  8)

Something to consider however is to dramatically cull down on the number of items that we have.
We won't really need 2k legwear etc.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65