Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87573 times)

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
Re: gateivory, the land without ore (PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #765 on: April 13, 2013, 02:25:40 am »

Excellent™

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 16, 2013, 03:43:53 pm »

tick tock tick tock.

domomaster, is everything alright?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 20, 2013, 12:52:44 am »

well. its well past time, Will_Tuna is up. sorry domo.

[edit] also, ive thrown myself onto the end of the list.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:56:36 am by saltmummy626 »
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 21, 2013, 05:59:55 pm »

Toss me onto that list behind you.

Perhaps ill be able to actually play for a full year, rather than just a VERY productive month.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 21, 2013, 10:41:37 pm »

oh silly BP, your turn is after Will_Tuna! of course if youd like another after two other turns, then thats fine.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 22, 2013, 02:14:57 am »

Will start tonight, (had a non-dwarven, but awesome weekend)

the week was busy to but will finish my turn this weekend.

may post the first updates on the story tonight
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:44:14 am by Will_Tuna »
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 29, 2013, 02:47:44 pm »

bah, this will not do. no more delays, BP it is now your turn!

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 29, 2013, 04:59:29 pm »

I got it, downloading now.

I actually have some free time this week, so lets see if i can get a year done.

to think, if i can clean the fort up in a month, what can i do in a year?
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 29, 2013, 05:26:02 pm »

Bp920091's log:
1st Granite:

After snapping from the strain when i was last overseer in gateivory, i have been trying to recover my sanity. Since that event, i have also been trying to get my orignal job back. Slipping psychedelic drugs into Domomaster's drink might have been a bit much, since he was left as a gibbering wreck in the corner of the hall, screaming orders as if he was the overseer, but it needed to be done.

I have determined why the goblins are trying to get rid of us. They aren't trying to steal our wealth, they are trying to both rescue their friends and stop the horrors that come from our fort.

Think about it, we have turned a good chunk of the fort into a hideous carnival, with stripped goblins in cages hanging from the walls being laughed at on a regular basis, with innocent dwarves and traders being pitched screaming off the walls of the canyon, into the water below. They are trying to stop us, and i will not let them.
*Cue Evil Laughter*

We will not let the fort die, and since we are being attacked by the forces of darkness, we will become darker than the goblins ever could.

This darkness will not be overt, no massive pits of spikes (although they couldnt hurt), but it will be subtle. Every dwarf will have happy grins on their faces as they continue to commit atrocities, throwing goblin after goblin down a hole into a spiked pit, the screams of the goblins fracturing the already tumultuous minds of the dwarves, until they begin to associate this with happiness.

What could be more terrifying than a force that sees itself as evil going up against a force that screams with glee when their opponents are slowly stabbed to death.

This is Gateivory, WE WILL PREVAIL, At ANY COST

AN: Im going with a failed sanity check from my first exposure, and i appear to have picked up a Mania for Goblin Pain, as well as a Bogyphobia (fear of goblins and demons).

Bp920091's Log:
1st Granite (part 2):

Ive done it, ive successfully convinced the sheep in this fort that im in charge now.

First off, time to stop the ghosts that are running around the fort. While i do like the atmosphere that they provide (meaning that they scare the pants off goblins), they do occasionally cause problems for the average schmuck.

Secondly, im going to have those two dwarves who have been making mechanisms nonstop stop making them. We have over 200 of them now, and we dont need any more.

Thirdly, we're gonna start work on the goblin execution pit, and the design is rather simple.

All we need to do is take a 6 level drop, and have it have a spike trap with 10 spears in it (5 steel, 5 copper should do), and toss in the goblins when we want them dead. This should not only make misama hard to get out, but it means that there is no chance of the goblins climbing on top of their friends to get out.

On the bottom, there will be a floodgate, that will not open until pulled, making it impossible for any random dwarf to get stuck in there (We can pull the garbage off their bodies to recycle, or just leave it there as a garbage pit.

We appear to have found a dead stray cavy boar, but as it didnt belong to anyone, I dont care.

2nd Granite:

Apparently we dont have 5 steel spears, we only have 3, so im using 3 steel spears and 7 copper ones for the goblin grinder.

Additionally, im replacing one of the sides of the grinder with a gem window, so we can see the goblins get smashed, then perforated (It should do wonders to desensitize them).

I have mandated the construction of 60 additional coffins, since we apparently only have FOUR in storage (and a lot of bodies to stick in coffins).

3rd Granite:

It seems that i have won over the hearts and minds of the dwarves here, and an artifact has been constructed in the honor of my taking over the fort. This artifact is an earring named "Saveday" and i presume that it is for me saving the day.

It's worth 22,000 though, not anything major, but it's an indication of things to come!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:40:31 pm by bp920091 »

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 29, 2013, 07:30:28 pm »

thats the way BP! come out of the gate swinging that severed leg and babbling insanity like a real dwarf.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 30, 2013, 01:02:43 pm »

Quick Question:

Are we allowing Danger Rooms?

I found a lever that says "Danger Room" on it, but i have no clue where it goes...

If they are allowed, i can solve our invasion problem easily :)

Oh, and can i use the many war dogs that i have to harden the populace? (Or at least the military)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:26:15 pm by bp920091 »

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 30, 2013, 10:59:27 pm »

you can do as you please, but I personally frown upon danger rooms. as for the lever to one, I could also find no such room. perhaps it is a lever meant to collapse the entire fort and force the residents to build up their skills as they dodge the falling rubble?

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #777 on: May 01, 2013, 11:10:51 am »

Nice Update  :)

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #778 on: May 05, 2013, 11:51:35 am »

Humm

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 05, 2013, 04:55:58 pm »

indeed. technically, he still has a day left though. roughly a day.

BP how are things coming along?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 65