Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87493 times)

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2012, 06:32:59 pm »

yeah, I was wondering about the depot. hm. well it seems things are getting off to a decent start! :P good luck to gulf then. beh, he is gonna need to really crank out the wooden spikes to defend the fort.

also, I just noticed in your write up, my dwarf was the one to create that artifact floor hatch. WOO! its not amazingly impressive, but still... its called "the violence of towers," which is funny to me for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:37:44 pm by saltmummy626 »
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2012, 06:47:13 pm »

Wow that is a badass name ad eerie as my plan was to use it to sea off the top of a grand guard tower I planned on building...

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2012, 11:43:13 am »

Any word from Golf?

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2012, 08:41:15 pm »

nothing yet, ill give him one more day. til the end of tomorrow, then Ill toss it over to frontestro.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2012, 09:57:40 pm »

If he can't do it neither can in I'm currently at the beach with my family. No internet other than phones till monday. However if the person after me wants a go I'll gladly pick up after them. Sorry for the poor timing.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2012, 02:03:30 am »

hey, thats alright. have fun at the beach, watch out for giant sponges. if gulf cant take his turn, ill shuffle the turns around and get the next player up and going.

Gulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2012, 08:59:14 pm »

Aaaand I'm back. Starting on the turn tomorrow!

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2012, 08:03:33 am »

Sweet that means no turn shuffle. Btw can we get another screen cap from dwarftherapist? I want to see how high my mechanics skill is...

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2012, 12:14:17 pm »

ah good! I cant wait to see what gulf has in store for us.

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2012, 04:18:37 pm »

This seems like a fun challenge, is it too late to get a turn?
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2012, 05:24:29 pm »

I have no problem with another face in the fortress. Also on my turn I plan on 2 things. Hundreds of traps. And building a mass catacombs under the fortress so please overseer. Refrain from building a mass catacombs on your turn...

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2012, 01:29:28 am »

Ill put you on the list mastershizzle. its a short list, so dont worry about a long wait.

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2012, 10:05:50 am »

Ill put you on the list mastershizzle. its a short list, so dont worry about a long wait.
Sweet deal. Thanks! Someone can Dorf me if they feel like. I don't care what profession, as long as there's a "Shizzle" running around the base somewhere.
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

Gulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2012, 03:24:48 pm »

1st Granite, 38

A shout went up in the dining room. "Let it be known, good dwarfs of Inodsosad, that it is the decision of this fortress's ruling counsel that we have a new overseer!" This shout was greeted by a general noise as the dwarfs in the dining hall tried to figure out when they had ever had a ruling counsel. "Ladies and Gentledwarves, allow me to present to you, Gulf Ginonmeng, your leader for the year!". A few ragged cheers arose, but for the most part, the dwarfs cared not for who bore the torch. After all, little hardship (other than the lack of ore) had befallen their fort, and dwarfs are creatures of tradition. If it was tradition that the fort didn't get attacked, then that was how it was going to be.

8th Granite, 38
Gulf leaned against the north wall of the wooden palisade situated on top of the fort, chewing absently on a plump helmet. This fort might be home to over half a centum of dwarfs, but it still had little of value. What they needed was to find the best craftsdwarfs in the fort and order them to make random junk, then recruit a jeweler and have him glue bits of shiny stone all over the items. Apparently traders ate that stuff up, metaphorically speaking. Gulf finished his plump helmet and headed down to the legendary dining room, which the last overseer had made the decision to pile all of the fortress's food in the middle of.  After some searching, Gulf had Kib Berkastar and Abel Lok-something-something. "I don't care if your rusty at this!" Gulf yelled "Go make stuff to throw at those caravans!"

19th Granite, 38
"Not sure why anyone built this thing" muttered Gulf, standing atop the windmill. "But I do appreciate the view, wonder what the other overseer had in mind? I'll have to ask him...". The dwarf's thoughts were interrupted by another of his kin rushing up the windmill, out of breath.
"Overseer Gulf! It's Asmel Nathtun...he's acting...strange!"
"Good strange or bad strange?"
"Not sure yet, sir, he's running around gathering random objects..."
"Well, Teshkad help him if he needs metal bars, because we don't have many of those. Better get a slab ready, just in case."

1st Slate
Gulf walked towards the mason's hall, where Asmel's great construction had just been finished. This was perfect! Just the sort of wealth the fortress needed to become revered across the lands, a testament to dwarven skill and strength. A crowed had gathered about the mason's shop Asmel had been using. Pushing his way to the front the crowd, Gulf beheld...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Huh, a flood gate. Not sure if we're going to need that" Gulf thought. "And how does one make a picture of a hidden moon, anyway?"

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2012, 10:38:00 am »

Aren't the pumps, pumping?

Is the windmill spinning?
Does it generate power?
Is there's enough power?
Is the power properly connected?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 65