Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87496 times)

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore (PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #705 on: February 27, 2013, 06:56:47 am »

yes, im afraid Ill have to give you another prod. just to keep things nicely rounded, and because it would be a shame to lose all your work during your year, im going to have to cut you off on the 2nd of next month.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 02, 2013, 08:29:48 pm »

well, looks like notquitethere's turn is up. im sorry, but we will have to skip you. if you want, I can tack you onto the end of the list.

it is now flameboys turn.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 02, 2013, 08:39:53 pm »

That's totally fair. I really have to apologise for taking everyone's time up: basically my laptop kept on dying on me when I wanted to play, and when I could play my fps was so bad it was taking me hours to complete even a month or two. I think I'm going to have to take a hiatus from bloodline games until I get a better computer...

But enjoy! The fort functions nicely but is woefully underpopulated. If things happen roughly similar, expect about a dozen migrants or so to trickle in over the year, and don't forget to re-open the bridges if you want to trade!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 03, 2013, 03:05:01 am »

Yay! I will start tommorow. For now I'll leave it, because it's really late and I need to get to bed.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 03, 2013, 06:03:22 am »

sorry to hear it notquitethere. again, sorry about having to skip you. I always feel guilty when I skip someone.

as for flameboy, good luck!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 03, 2013, 04:16:01 pm »

I'm downloading the save now. Soon we'll see just how badly I can screw things up :P

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 04, 2013, 08:00:40 am »

I'm downloading the save now. Soon we'll see just how badly I can screw things up :P
I wasn't aware it was possible to screw up a total disaster, but if it can be done im sure it can be done in DF.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 04, 2013, 01:37:42 pm »

I wasn't aware it was possible to screw up a total disaster, but if it can be done im sure it can be done in DF.
They say that once you hit rock bottom the only way is up. (Aphorism) I disagree. It is always possible to grab a pickaxe and dig even deeper.
I sure did on my turn.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:39:54 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 04, 2013, 05:32:53 pm »

Well, I've taken a survey of it, and I haven't finished quite enough to do a proper post. But DEAR GOD, DO WE HAVE ENOUGH PRISONERS?!?! Seriously, it's like 1/2 of the total populations is prisoners. Seriously, why are there so many goblins? Also, does anybody know if cages can be moved without taking out the prisoner, or if the weight of something affects the damage it deals when it falls? Also, can cages break if dropped? Because if so, I think I want to have the Bronze Collosus be used as a deadfall trap, featuring a BC as the deadfall.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 04, 2013, 07:10:28 pm »

Also, does anybody know if cages can be moved without taking out the prisoner
Cages can be deconstructed and the prisoner will stay inside.

or if the weight of something affects the damage it deals when it falls?
Yes

Also, can cages break if dropped? Because if so, I think I want to have the Bronze Collosus be used as a deadfall trap, featuring a BC as the deadfall.
Cages don't open when they fall. I think.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 04, 2013, 10:00:34 pm »

Well, I think is good enough. Quite frankly, one way or another I WILL cause more mayhem, and it's looking like that will take the form of !!BC RELEASE!!.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 05, 2013, 02:33:22 pm »

The only really constructive thing that you all missed from my turn was that I added all the loose cages to the zoo in a beautifully symmetrical arrangement.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 05, 2013, 05:53:17 pm »

Dworf me as Will Tuna plz, a not yet legendary Speardwaf!

And add me to the list, just spend the last eveningd reading this story!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:18:24 pm by Will_Tuna »
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 06, 2013, 03:03:24 am »

as you wish Will_Tuna! but Ill have to warn you, our military tends to have a shorter lifespan than our nobles.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 10, 2013, 09:48:54 am »

flameboy, how are things coming along?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 65