Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87422 times)

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2012, 07:53:56 am »

Looks like it is Gulf's turn. I'm just glad its not mine. The first goblin siege always catches me off guard....

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2012, 08:16:11 am »

How is our military doing? I hope we have at least ONE dwarf covered in metal

Its non-existent, although we should have metal gears available from trading.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2012, 08:28:17 am »

:D How is my dwarfy doing?

Oh he' doing very good!
Working hard in full health and quite happy.

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2012, 11:44:35 am »

Looks like it is Gulf's turn. I'm just glad its not mine. The first goblin siege always catches me off guard....

With no military, Im sure Gulf's in for lots of FUN

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2012, 01:19:05 pm »

heh, a very good turn. Ill PM gulf. did you dorf yourself Valrandir?
as for the oreless thing, you can order it if you want from the caravans, I find in my own experience that they dont bring much of it anyways.
Im hoping gulf will be able to take his turn, if not it will be up to you frontestro.

edit; PM sent. taking a look around the fortress right now. so far, good work valrandir.
also, I updated the OP to reflect which players have gone so far, and to put the most recent save in its place.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:36:31 pm by saltmummy626 »
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2012, 01:27:54 pm »

Speaking of which I want to know what we got from the caravans. Obviously we got some copper as it was used in making our first artifact but what else? Do we have steel? Zinc? Bronze? What do we have!? And did I get my llamas!?

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2012, 01:49:27 pm »

I picked up a llama during my turn, and I ordered them with a high priority as well.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2012, 04:29:51 pm »

Good. For llamas are the most majestic warriors in all of nature. Also we need moar cage traps. And we need to start building an army preferably marksdwarves as Bolts are OP as I last learned in adventurer mode when after my legendary hammerdwarf adventurer in full iron armor got one shot through the heart by a lucky human crossbowman. This adventurer had killed demons! Demons! T_T

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2012, 05:03:52 pm »

Good. For llamas are the most majestic warriors in all of nature. Also we need moar cage traps. And we need to start building an army preferably marksdwarves as Bolts are OP as I last learned in adventurer mode when after my legendary hammerdwarf adventurer in full iron armor got one shot through the heart by a lucky human crossbowman. This adventurer had killed demons! Demons! T_T
I said something to this effect earlier. Frankly, even bone bolts should be capable of slaughtering our foes.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2012, 05:04:03 pm »

I didn't dorf myself, and instead assumed to be a wandering soul taking posession of various dwarves within the fortress for a year.

As for the caravans, I threatened the elves and took food, all the cloth and some animals.
The depot was deconstructed under the human trading goods, and not rebuilded so we got nothing from the dwarves. I've meet with the mountain home liason and requested lion leather (Awesome!!!) and steel bars!
I usually trade honorably, but since I was so rushing to build my tower, there was no dwarfs available to haul trading goods so why not instead eventually gets to war with elves and humans! Let's turn the canyon river into blood.

Llamas! All animals but dogs and cats are marked to be butchered. However with such business only 2 or 3 of them were cut to pieces, the rest and waiting for a butcher to take the job, so its not too late to cancel the order on any surviving Llamas.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2012, 05:05:39 pm »

I said something to this effect earlier. Frankly, even bone bolts should be capable of slaughtering our foes.

Oh, yes, I forgot. It was a copper bolt shot from a wooden crossbow that killed him... I hate crossbowmen in adventurer mode. Why couldn't he have shot any one of my 15 meatshields!? Why me? And why did the only shot that got through penetrate my heart!?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2012, 05:09:41 pm »

Oh, yes, I forgot. It was a copper bolt shot from a wooden crossbow that killed him... I hate crossbowmen in adventurer mode. Why couldn't he have shot any one of my 15 meatshields!? Why me? And why did the only shot that got through penetrate my heart!?
Ha, I've noticed almost obsene luck amongst my marksdwarves. I hunter shot a swan in the upper spine, crippling her instantly mid-flight. Then he spent 3 minutes trying to shoot her to death while she lay feebly on the ground.

So, We are discussing how difficult war is withoiut metal, and you try to piss other nations off? Damn it, right now we're no better then elves!

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2012, 05:13:35 pm »

Wait... you WHAT!? *Cries for a bit*

I was hoping so much to have an easy time trading with the elves for my silk and the humans for useless crap to be melted down for sharp pointy things.... but looks like we are doomed! DOOMED!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2012, 05:16:56 pm »

Did you offer the elves wood? Cause they get mad alot quicker then if you kill all but one, take their stuff, viciously torture the remianing elf, then send him home limping and broken. Trust me here, lots of experiance.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2012, 05:34:38 pm »

Did you offer the elves wood? Cause they get mad alot quicker then if you kill all but one, take their stuff, viciously torture the remianing elf, then send him home limping and broken. Trust me here, lots of experiance.

Ah no I did not. My goal was to get rid of them, not to work piss them off.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 65