Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87379 times)

Bataille

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #510 on: November 15, 2012, 12:01:14 pm »

Last midterm today, will work on doing a write up tonight/tomorrow morning.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 16, 2012, 03:19:40 am »

yay, updates!
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Bataille

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 17, 2012, 07:49:29 pm »

Bataille, the strange.
One bright, yet dark, Slate day.
"Ugh, Bataille? Yeah well somehow, there was probably a typo somewhere, but I guess you're the new uhm... What I'm trying to say is you're the boss."
"Pip pip, interesting news that is. Heh. Well then get to work! Back to work all of you! Enough cheering!"
"Sir? We're alone in this room."
"Right you are, well of to work with you!"

Bataille the overseer paced back and forth in the cage room, the room of caged friends as he likes to think of it, breathing the fresh air that you can only really truly breathe during the month of Slate. Pondering the mysteries of life, statehood, and dwarven rum when he saw the manager walking past the room at a leisurely pace. Leisurely? That can't be right!

"MISTEM SAKRITHASEN GET BACK HERE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! GET TO WORK YOU BUM! WE HAVE LOTS TO BE DOING AND THERES NO TIME TO WALK AROUND AND DO NOTHING WHAT ARE YOU STANDING HERE FOR GO!"

Hmph, handled that like a real pro.

Well what do we need, we need strong dwarves, dwarves made out of steel and lots of dwarves too, we could use some sharp metal discs what did they call those again? Serrated Frisbees? Discs of doom? The manager will figure it out and get our dwarves to work, our accountant lets me know we have plenty of coke and plenty of copper and plenty of lazy dwarves who want to help make me famous in the world of dwarves and goblins.

So just a short first update. I didn't keep to my schedules like I said I would. I'll need another day or so to finish my turn and write up reports. Going to focus on expanding the military, using up some of the massive stock pile of mechanisms we have, and try to leave a mark on the fort. Here are some screenshots you can gaze over while I get the rest of the content out.

Main Floor, lots of spare room to house our future military

Storage

Main Storage

Dining Room
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:53:26 pm by Bataille »

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 18, 2012, 01:04:07 pm »

tsk. what a mess. what are we gonna use all those doors for? its not just our mechanisms that are overstocked. we got lots of cages too, but cages can be easily used.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #514 on: November 19, 2012, 01:53:32 am »

Those bedrooms needs cabinets : )

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 21, 2012, 01:55:51 am »

bataille? are you alright?

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 22, 2012, 03:22:34 am »

no we cant lose it! get me the defib unit. CLEAR! BZZT! in other words, bump. hm. its prolly because thanksgiving is tomorrow, or rather today, that updates are slow in coming.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #517 on: November 22, 2012, 01:57:34 pm »

I am following this fortress intently.

Gulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 23, 2012, 12:57:01 pm »

The first week of December approaches...

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 24, 2012, 05:07:17 pm »

Cabinets in 0.34.11 are evil.  Evil, I say!  They allow dwarves to store old clothing in their rooms, which wastes the dwarf's time hauling it all back to his room, and then ties up the clothing so it can't become unowned and then eventually the property of some poor clothingless dwarf.  Meanwhile the cabinet-owning clothing hoarder has 2 full outfits, plus 3 tunics and 4 socks, that he'll never, ever wear again.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 24, 2012, 05:35:20 pm »

woo, sorry. nearly forgot about this because of thanksgiving. valrandir, your turn has come. you can complete scientists turn, or do a full year. if you finish, which you prolly will, before the end of november, Ill take another turn to fill time.

edit: Ive also modified the title of the thread to reflect the fact that we need players.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:37:49 pm by saltmummy626 »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #521 on: November 25, 2012, 02:28:26 am »

Cabinets in 0.34.11 are evil.  Evil, I say!  They allow dwarves to store old clothing in their rooms, which wastes the dwarf's time hauling it all back to his room, and then ties up the clothing so it can't become unowned and then eventually the property of some poor clothingless dwarf.  Meanwhile the cabinet-owning clothing hoarder has 2 full outfits, plus 3 tunics and 4 socks, that he'll never, ever wear again.

Humm I see.
The solution is obviously to MAKE MOAR CLOTHING.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
Re: gateivory, the land without ore (PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #522 on: November 25, 2012, 02:29:26 am »

I'll get started monday.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 26, 2012, 12:23:26 am »

Hurrah. Hopefully Valrandir's turn will actually get done. I at least have time to follow the fort again.

Gulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 26, 2012, 12:42:16 pm »

As a housekeeping measure, I would recommend culling skipped players from the list, rather than listing them as "skipped". It might be discouraging for prospective overseers to see a large number of skipped players, and a short list is always more attractive to those wanting to sign up.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 65