Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87528 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #435 on: October 11, 2012, 06:14:20 pm »

I've used imageshack for my images
I would not use ImageShack the links tend to die fairly quickly.
It took 12 minuets for some of the images to go 404 in the StNPO - 2 thread today.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 12, 2012, 01:41:52 pm »

Sorry, upload is running a bit late-I'm trying to catch up on all of my late work to turn a 3.5, we'll know by tomorrow. Uploading screenshots to imgur righr now, update within half an hour.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 12, 2012, 02:43:51 pm »

26th of Slate
I have finished dumping the clothing and am now starting to stockpile the weapons and armor.

8th of Slate
Weapon stockpiling is coming to a close. I am creating a device that will let us dam the waterfall at will, so we can drain the river below.

13th of Felsite
The hippies are here. Maybe we can trade our now-depleted stocks of x(troll fur loincloth)xs for food and drink.
A side note: They have brought a breeding pair of dingoes. Those are better than dogs, right?

18th of Felsite
The humans are attacking. I issue an alert and command the militia to the front segment.

22nd of Felsite
The humans have begun their advance. One squad of hammermen, but still to much for our newly formed phalanx.

12th of Hematite
I have sealed off the drain on the river that filled our water source. Now, we have complete control of the waterfall. I will build a resevoir shortly. (OOC: After sealing the waterfall completely, FPS doubled.)

2nd of Malachite
One of our dwarves was possessed by some spirit, even though he is in bed with a broken rib. I am building a training machine to create an effective military quicker.

1st of Galena
I discovered that a dwarf had fallen off of the bridge, landed in the water, crawled into one of the sealed-up access tunnels, and killed a giant rat that was in there with his axe.  I order the tunnel unsealed to rescue him.

1st of Limestone
The humans are advancing. I have ordered the front bridge linked up ahead of schedule to retract it.

19th of Limestone
We have killed all of the humans with only one casualty, my second-in-command who was shot by their leader.

2nd of Sandstone
I have started melting some of the scrap metal. Hopefully we can get some good dwarven gear for our soldiers.

17th of Sandstone
More migrants have arrived. I will assign them to a crossbow squad, and make any leftovers into ordinary peons.

17th of Timber
The dwarven caravan has just arrived along with a greenskin siege. They make it in just in time.

18th of Timber
Holy guacamole. The scouts count four squads of goblins with supporting trolls. We can't survive this.

OFFICIAL MILITARY REPORT
11/26/42
***MESSAGE***
SCOUT REPORTS SHOW FOUR SQUADS OF GOBLINS WITH SUPPORTING TROLLS. OUTER BRIDGE RETRACTED. MARKSDWARVES WERE STATIONED IN THE SECOND ISLAND. ELITE GOBLIN SNIPER PROCEEDED TO FIRE UPON OUR TROOPS. ENEMY AMMUNITION STOCKS DEPLETED. FOUR SNIPER CASUALTIES AND SEVERAL WOUNDED. MARKSDWARVES PROCEEDED TO FIRE UPON THE ENEMY. REQUEST MORE TROOPS.
***END MASSAGEMESSAGE***
Spoiler: One squad of goblins (click to show/hide)

27th of Timber
After reading the military report, I decide to conscript 5 Peons as marksdwarves.
Misko was horribly wounded, but still stays at her station.

8th of Moonstone
I have had minimal success with getting the conscripts to do anything, so I order the bridge extended and retracted repeatedly. Watching goblins fall from on high- it's a beautiful sight, really.
Spoiler: The beautiful sight (click to show/hide)

(Here the handwriting differs.)
I am writing this on behalf of our late Overseer, Tahu Asteldegel. When the bridge was extended, several of the militia ran across to fight. Tahu cursed and ran after them. I shouted for them to turn it off, but it was too late. Tahu, 3 soldiers, and a dozen or so greenskins fell.

The siege has been broken! Nothing remains but three trolls stuck in the weapon traps. As Tahu's second in command, I shall be forced to command the city for the remainder of his term.
Spoiler: The carnage (click to show/hide)

17th of Moonstone
The trolls still alive in the trap tunnel have forced me to wall it off to keep us safe.

27th of Moonstone
Tahu's orders to melt the some of the goblin armor down were finished today. We should probably do more, but I don't know where to begin.
Spoiler: Our forges (click to show/hide)
(OOC: After yelling at the dwarves for half an hour, I realized that I had had "dwarves gather bodies" off. Facepalm.)

14th of Opal
I have built eight carpenter workshops down in the new workshop area. Also, we are cutting down some of the larger mushrooms for wood.
Spoiler: The carpenters (click to show/hide)

1st of Granite
After filling out Tahu's term, I will turn control over to the next electee. While clearing out his office, I found the plans for the waterfall floodgate. It is apparently incomplete, and needs to be connected to a lever.

This is a sketch. All craftmanship is of the highest quality. The artwork depicts the Overseer "Tahu" Asteldegel and goblins in graphite. "Tahu" Asteldegel and the goblins are falling from a great height. The goblins are cowering. "Tahu" Astelgedel is laughing.

I forgot to put this in the journal, but I built us a farm:
Spoiler: Down on the farm (click to show/hide)
My lever room:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All that are connected have(N)otes on them, please put one of those if you use those levers.

We have a proper farming room now:
Spoiler: Down on the farm Pt. 2 (click to show/hide)

The next victimOverseer should maybe build a river-draining machine to get all of that metal on the bottom.
Thank you, and good morning!
The save is here.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:45:45 pm by tahujdt »
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 12, 2012, 03:07:48 pm »

very nice, especially the goblin siege. you handled that very well. er... Im scared to ask, but which soldiers fell from the bridge?

also, PMing the next overseer.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 12, 2012, 03:09:48 pm »

Some of the danger-roomed conscripts, the rest died in battle except for two.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 12, 2012, 06:29:47 pm »

I got the PM and will probably be starting my turn on Sunday if not Saturday.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 13, 2012, 04:42:14 am »

Some of the danger-roomed conscripts, the rest died in battle except for two.
names man! names! are our legendary fighters dead? IS BRODICH DEAD!?

edit; ah wait, just the conscripts died? thats a relief. I was already thinking of something to write on the subject.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:50:15 am by saltmummy626 »
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 13, 2012, 12:25:18 pm »

Cool turn tahujdt. Was fps really that bad before the waterfall was shut off?
On another note, I'll try moving my images to another source if I need to.
edit: loading up the most recent save I'm getting 99+ fps, was the waterfall really bad? Cause it actually helped keep our dwarves happy with the waterfall mist on the bridges.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 12:49:23 pm by MiceMiceMice »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #443 on: October 14, 2012, 02:24:23 am »

Most Excellent™

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 14, 2012, 12:09:28 pm »

I really don't understand why, but the save isn't working on my computer, I have never worked with tilesets before, so that might be the problem. If someone could help me that would be great. On a side note, while I have made forts that have lasted many years, from the sound of what is going on in this fort, there is a 50% chance I will die horribly, so if you'd rather have it live, you might want to move on to the next person on the list.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 14, 2012, 12:28:07 pm »

What error specifically are you getting with the save? And if the fort dies we can always reclaim, though it actually has a surprisingly good defense setup with all the bridges and such.
edit: I can run the save on my vanilla version of df 34_11 and my phoebus tileset version, so I don't think it is the tiles.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:31:17 pm by MiceMiceMice »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 14, 2012, 02:53:09 pm »

The save works for me as well.

+!!scientist!!+ did you try to change the tileset of the save?
If you do it wrong (which is not hard) you can break the raw files and the save will not load.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 14, 2012, 03:04:03 pm »

are you using valrandirs DF that he posted and I sent a link to along with the link to the save? if so, are you using something that is not windows OS? also, the save file in valrandirs DF isnt up to date anymore, so youll have to replace it with the most recent save file.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 14, 2012, 04:34:26 pm »

Yeah, make sure you use valrandir's df so that you have all the correct added raws stuff, otherwise you get missing definition errors.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #449 on: October 15, 2012, 12:12:57 am »

Here's the latest save with working DF included.
Just extract and play.
There's a tileset and therapist.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7039
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 65