Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87449 times)

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2012, 11:02:37 am »

Well you've got one week so as long as you can work fast you could start on Tuesday. Updates sooner would be nice though. :)

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2012, 12:18:19 pm »

wow, you guys were right on it. ok, mastershizzle already has the save, good good and good luck.

the disappointing thing isnt that aussie couldn't take his turn. its that he has been active these last three days. I just wish he would have just told us he wasn't gonna go...
anyways, take your time mastershizzle. as long as the lag isnt too bad, and you've got the time, you should be able to do it in no time at all. I think Ill start giving exceptions to people who need them. extra time ya know? as long as we can keep this going.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2012, 02:34:45 pm »

If the lag gets too bad I'm sure someone can take the save for a short bit and fix it. So long as you have a powerful processor you can deal with quite a bit. Though with the deaths of many dwarves we shouldn't have to worry about lag again for a little bit.

Gulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2012, 02:53:40 pm »

I could always take the save, spend a month ordering half the population to their deaths, and give back a much less laggy fort...

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2012, 05:43:34 pm »

I doubt we need to intentionally kill dwarves, they seem to be doing a fine job of that themselves. Over misko's reign 20 dwarves were lost, bringing the total population to 63. It should take at least a few migrant waves before we get back to lag-causing population.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2012, 06:13:48 pm »

Sorry, was too busy working with Spearbreakers. I would have been asked to be skipped anyway.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2012, 06:39:10 pm »

Sorry, was too busy working with Spearbreakers. I would have been asked to be skipped anyway.

It is better to ask being skipped right when its your turn rather than waiting days  ???

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2012, 06:39:29 pm »

I'm quite happy to see this fort moving forward.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2012, 07:15:14 pm »

I doubt we need to intentionally kill dwarves, they seem to be doing a fine job of that themselves. Over misko's reign 20 dwarves were lost, bringing the total population to 63. It should take at least a few migrant waves before we get back to lag-causing population.
More like forty, if you include civvies. They account for about half or more of all deaths. Damn bastards kept showing up asking dragging the multilying bodies back. I actually abandoned the entire area,  even though there arent any zombies left, so If you have trouble with ghosts, deconstruct the wall and bring them in.

And, Be careful around the remaining goblin sqyad with a dead leader, and the stray olm.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2012, 11:03:36 pm »

Based on the castle reports before and after our population decreased by 20. It is possible we lost many more, I forgot that we got migrants after the original post.

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2012, 12:27:45 am »

I won't kill off anyone if I can help it; my computer handles most forts just fine, so lag won't be a problem. I tend to play slowly anyway.

I just opened the save. After seeing some graphical weirdness, I decided to update it to the latest version of Phoebus. I left all the creature raws untouched, as someone said before that the game had taken out certain creatures or something. Either way, it's working now. I'll have to take the rest of the night just looking at dwarves and getting to know the fort layout, as I can't make heads nor tails of what you good folk have made so far. :)

Hopefully I'll be able to play most of my year tomorrow or the next day. I'll post updates as I write them.
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2012, 12:56:40 am »

ah I see aussie, well, would you like me to put you at the end of the list? also, I agree with valrandir. it does me good to see this still moving at a fairly brisk pace. I see hauntings in our future...
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2012, 12:12:43 pm »

Time to make lots and lots of memorial tablets I guess. Or just enjoy having lots of ghosts around.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2012, 02:03:47 pm »

Yeah, put me at the bottom again. I changed my notification settings so that it'll be easier for me to notice the handoff now
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2012, 02:26:00 pm »

alright, you're back on the list.
finally got around to taking a look at the save. Ive taken a few notes.
this is a far cry from the fort I left behind.
there appears to be a guinea pig running around in the clown car.
there are corpses everywhere. corpses in the caves, corpses in the cistern, corpses on top of corpses inside corpses.
the water tower seems to be dumping water on top of the fort instead of on one of the bridges as I had originally thought.
gateivory is covered in mud and water.
there are rooms that have no discernible purpose.
I have the very strong feeling that this is no place for any child to be.
on a final note, there are two slade boulders. not really sure how thats possible, but whatever. not sure what we can use those for...

this place is a disaster. I can only imagine the dwarves wandering around aimlessly, all wet and shaking. bodies all over the place. the next goblin seige shows up with a demon at its head, takes one look, and says "Damn, somebody already did this bitch."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:48:53 pm by saltmummy626 »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 65