Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 87560 times)

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2012, 02:21:32 pm »

My turn? Alrighty then, ill get to work on it tomorrow guys

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2012, 12:59:39 am »

good good, and yes valrandir, I will tack you onto the end of the list.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2012, 06:46:48 pm »

good good, and yes valrandir, I will tack you onto the end of the list.

Excellent™

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2012, 02:16:32 pm »

DrunkenCaveOgre any update?

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2012, 05:34:22 am »

maybe he is doing his turn all at once so he can do one big update? hm... maybe I should put a time limit on this...
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2012, 01:07:22 pm »

Sorry for the wait guys Ive been a little busy with school lately, havent had free time for anything  :'( Looking throught the save right now, and the first thing I can tell you is that this isnt a fortress. Its a friggin maze   :o Ive also noticed that the food stocks are pretty low for a fort this size so ill be working on that and on improving our tiny military. Heres the update:

---------------------------

The Will of DrunkenCaveOgre, Overseer of Gateivory on the year 39

"More bins?" I thought to myself. This place is filled to the brim and now I need to make more? Ugh. For one, its alot of walking just for a piece of wood. And two, I tend to get lost finding my way through here. Well, what're you gonna do right? Upon arriving at my workshop I found a note for me:

"Dear DrunkenCaveOgre,

This note is to inform you that the overseer has just relieved his duties and now a new one will have to take his place. We think that you will make a great overseer and we hope that you can take us to higher places. Please consider this postition as everyone else is too scared to accept it. Actually you have no say in the matter so get to work immediately.

Sincerely,
Your Nobles"

What? WHAT?! What kind of sick joke is this? Ugh, well better work on my will..... Ill give my workshop to saltmummy if I die.

1st of Granite

Ive been looking around and Ive noticed a surprising amount of miners. 8 to be exact. What reason could we need so many miners for? Ive reduced the amount to 5 and the other 3 can go work hauling duties. As Im looking through the proffesions I actually noticed something odd. Why in Armok's sake is EVERY dwarf assigned to hauling duties? I have to change that, maybe get a few dedicated haulers for this place. No...there has to be SOMETHING better I could do with the spare dwarves. But what?

2nd of Granite

My room is being redesigned to also be an office. I saw a few dwarves give me dirty looks as the haulers brought masterwork furniture to my room while they have to settle with fine quality furniture. Not my fault they didnt accept this postition. Well technically, I didnt either but you get my point. Im flooded with thoughts of them butchering me in my sleep....Ill give my bed to Brodich. Unless.. he's not out to get me too, is he? In case tonight is my last night, I give my bed to valrandir.

5th of Granite

Our dogs spotted a kobold trying to sneak in. The bastard cut up a dog pretty badly before being chased off. The mutt will make it but we have enough dogs to spare so I find myself not caring as much as I should.

7th of Granite

The miners have informed me that they found another cavern layer not too long ago. I took a peek at it, theres mud everywhere. Theres also water everywhere. Great. Ive heard stories of underground beasts hiding in the waters for years and coming out to attack the fort at the worst possible time. We need to wall it off. In case a tragedy like that does happen to us, me specifically, give my alpaca wool shoes to the woodcutter. Im sure he would appreciate it with his tattered shoes and all.

14th of Granite

My office has been flooded with complaints about a possessed cat. What kind of nonsense is this? Maybe something floated into our booze supply. Still, that doesnt stop the amount of terrified dwarves running around the fortress. Ive got no choice but to take a look. Armok couldnt prepare me for what I was about to see

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A demon cat straight from hell. Floating over a speeding river. Word of this incident must not spread, it will only attract more migrants

25th of Granite

Yet another cavern-level was found earlier today, and with it a beautiful magma pool. Ill leave it alone for the next overseer but I can only imagine the possibilities...MORE MAGMA

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2012, 02:24:21 pm »

A demon cat straight from hell. Floating over a speeding river. Word of this incident must not spread, it will only attract more migrants
I lost it at this. Where are the ghosts coming from?

25th of Granite

Yet another cavern-level was found earlier today, and with it a beautiful magma pool. Ill leave it alone for the next overseer but I can only imagine the possibilities...MORE MAGMA

Don't dig any deeper there.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2012, 05:40:47 pm »

I love the continual fear of death you worked in. Keep it up!

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2012, 07:27:04 pm »

Glad you guys enjoyed it so far  :) Just came back from school so after a cold shower and nice hot meal Ill try to get another update in. Still spring so Im expecting huge amounts of FUN this turn

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2012, 09:29:40 pm »

The Will of DrunkenCaveOgre, Overseer of Gateivory on the year 39

5th of Slate

Our hunters have decided itd be a cool idea to all gang up on a wombat. When I saw the thing it was completely mangled and still crawling for life. They were just laughing it up. The hunters have a cruel sense of humor, I better be careful and stay out of there way lest an unfortunate accident occur..Just to be on the safe side, give my door to the broker. Im sure he'd be pleased

12th of Slate

More migrants. An unusually large amount of jewelers that we really dont need. At all. We've gone from 87 dwarves to 102. I just dont know what Ill do with all these spare dwarves.

20th of Slate

"We found it Ogre, we finally found it!", A miner gasped "Come quick!" It? I thought. I had no idea what they meant, maybe they saw a giant rat or something. When I arrived, dozens of dwarves were staring blankly at something. At what I couldnt see, but as I made my way through the crowd, I saw it. Well, It was beautiful. I heard stories of it as a kid but I could never dream that it was actually real!

I awoke later today in my room, apparently I passed out from all the excitement. Wow, It really is amazing that we would be so fortunate as to come upon some but now that it is in our hands...what do we do with it?

---------------------------------

Sorry the update is so short, I have to wake up real early for work tommorrow. So what do you guys propose we do with the candy? Outfit our military?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:32:24 pm by DrunkenCaveOgre »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2012, 01:01:36 am »

good read :)

HoshiGiniro

• Bay Watcher
  • Gamer Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2012, 01:59:03 am »

can i please be dwarfed?

female

any occupation but not military

Nickname Aline custom profession name SwiftWing

Please and thank you ^_^

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2012, 01:48:14 pm »

heh, good updates cave ogre.
hoshiginiro, yeah I think we can do that, if drunken cave ogre doesn't get around to it, Ill do it between his and the next turn.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2012, 01:39:51 pm »

Its been 3 days.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2012, 01:48:04 pm »

Aye. Update or some sort of progress please?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 65