Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's with the map's compass in the upper left corner?  (Read 1096 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
What's with the map's compass in the upper left corner?
« on: July 13, 2012, 12:07:31 am »

I can (mostly) play adventure mode fine, I can fight and not get raped by a squirel, butcher a corpse, walk around/get tasks, etc... But I always die due to either boogymen(Due to me getting lost and not being able to make it to a house before I get drowsy and cant see due to night time) or I get way too lost. I don't understand the compass in the upper left corner of the screen. Sometimes a direction is bolded, usually not. And it'll point to "Where the task is supposed to be" but it'll totally misguide you. I fast travelled to be East of my task, and the game was telling me to go North West. According to the fast travel screen's task map, the task was clearly East. Also, I know it wasn't pointing me to it's underground location because the task was to kill a ringleader.

Anyways, if someone could please explain to me the compass thing, and a good way of actually finding my tasks, that'd be really nice.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: What's with the map's compass in the upper left corner?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 12:11:59 am »

I donno dude, It works great from me. Almost hte only way to find werebeast lays since otherwise they're a single little \/ in a field of alphanumeric noise. They lead me there exactly to the exact single square entrance.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 12:15:04 am »

I donno dude, It works great from me. Almost hte only way to find werebeast lays since otherwise they're a single little \/ in a field of alphanumeric noise. They lead me there exactly to the exact single square entrance.
The top part of your screen (Holding 'w') IS North right?
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 04:23:40 am »

I fast travelled to be East of my task, and the game was telling me to go North West. According to the fast travel screen's task map, the task was clearly East. Also, I know it wasn't pointing me to it's underground location because the task was to kill a ringleader.

NORTH
WEST <      TASK     > EAST
                SOUTH

You are in a south-eastern direction of your target and the compass is telling you to return north-west.
Just walk in a north-western direction until the compass is telling you to go in one direction only.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange